Trials tyres

thaiguzzi

Hi guys 'n gals. First topic i've ever started on TV! Bought myself a little toy recently, a proper trials bike. Spent over 30 hours tarting it up, sorting it out, and getting it to run nicely, carburation, etc, new bitz 'n bobs. Ride it most days for 25-30 mins per session, great fun but knackering when i've stopped. Anyway, anybody know of the whereabouts of a decent S/H set of tyres? Usual sizes, 2.75 x 21" front and 4.00 x 18" rear. Proper trials tyres, preferably Pirelli MT43, but any brand will do, IRC, Michelin etc, currently these have good knobs but are WELL age cracked. Note proper trials tyres, not trail, not enduro/motocross, not dual sport. Completely different. Must have lots of life left in them. Or point me in the direction of a shop that sells new over here.

Thanx,

Mike.

You could try asking at the local rider hang-outs / shops , but many will keep their tires till the death . Where are you , CM ? . Rider clubs and groups are often a good source of advice , help and "spares" . HEY , wheres the photos ? .thumbsup.gif

Udon province. Never seen a trials bike here, very few Thais even know what they are. Unlike motocross, which is really BIG around these parts of Isan. I hear there is a Thai trials scene up in the CM area, so if anyone comes across any tyres, let me know please. New MT43 tyres are about £110 a set + vat in the UK. Got some new tubes in now, bought locally, which gives a bit of peace of mind, and i can keep riding it.

Bike is an 89-90 Aprilia 280 Climber, USD forks, with an air cooled Yamaha RXZ 135 engine grafted in, gearing as low as can go with available local sprkts, down to 11/51 from the std 15/36. Will pull away in 2nd without slipping the clutch. Goes well. Once i pull the side covers, i may add a flywheel weight. Bike runs on pre mix, as the pump has been binned (no room for an oil tank).
Unfortunately it is in original 89-90 Aprilia colours, resprayed original, mainly a hideous purple/blue with red (!?) disc covers and front mudguard, and no photos are going to be forthcoming until i get it resprayed next month in white with minimal blue/red pinstripes. Frame is black, and should, and will be done in silver.

May do some before and after photos for you.