Budget airlines must declare number of seats available for sale in their promotion campaigns

webfact

Just booked AA Flight bkk-hcmc return. If use baht you can pay at 7/11 for extra 100baht. I could of paid in AUD and if used PayPal, no booking charge. This flight is Jan 2016. ....1600baht total. The prices included fees and taxes. Were not added at payment stage.

True only carry on etc. Where is the scam????

Honest discount and effortless online booking.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Air Asia comes to mind ... constantly receiving mails with amazing promotions only to find out that its fake prices they advertise ...

huh ?....how can a land lubber such as yourself say that ? air Asia flights are pretty good deals if you do not mind off hour flights . I actually fly . but the tickets for really cheap seats are few .

easy now, Putin-boy ... Lets see some of your purchased cheap tickets or is just Lip service ... huh ... ?

The line between 'promotion' and 'deception' can be exceedingly thin. But there is still a difference...of sorts. Unfortunately for the public, neither is excluded in the concept of 'marketing'.

Deception in marketing (or how to fool the client) is mostly punishable in the western world.

Rampant in Asia, where "anything for a buck" counts.

yes, very unfortunate and aggrevating, and morals don't count.

is that being taught by marketing professors?

Would this apply to regular carriers' promotions as well? Thai and Bangkok Airways also have promotions and they too usually sell out quickly.

Personally I have no problem with the advertising as most people understand the situation and if you bother to read the small print the terms and conditions are explained. Many other industries also hold promotions with a limited number of goods for sale. They won't be subject to the same regulations.

The one aspect of the article I didn't like was the fact that there was a meeting to fix airfares. Competition is just not tolerated in Thai society!

Just like Agoda does in her advertising, only one room left.

I consider this false advertisement, thus lying.

So very true once had this in a hotel down South and we were the only people staying there, well we didn't actually stay as we moved out after fifteen minutes, I tried closing the window and everything including the frame fell out. Agoda use so much false advertising , before booking now I call the hotel and ask what their walk in rate is, often it is just the same price as Agoda. Did this in Bkk two weeks ago.