Ticks in house

datathomas

I have a friend who's house is invaded by ticks. We have tried all kinds of spray including Pest Control but they come back.

There is no animal in the house anymore.
Some topics on different forums recommend "Crysamed". It's supposed to be very effective.
Anyone knows where we can get it in the Hua Hin area.

Maybe another suggestion that is effective. In Vietnam you could get a "smoke bomb" thet you put in the room and lit. After a few hours all pests, including ticks, were gone.

Have forgotten the name. Anyone recognise this?

/thomas

Years and years ago I was using a friends two bedroom place and it was the same. I washed everything in the place with detol

added....vacumed for days and sprayed , using cans I bought at the supermarket. They never came back....I think the vacume was what got all the tiny immature ones out.

ouch, difficult to eliminate.

cats, dogs, grass, wood bring ticks.

Request from veterinary clinics of Hua Hin, there are several, including the so 6, after the canal bridge, right, angle or self 47 / Petchkasem BRC center, or the Petchkasem road towards Pranburi near Suan Son "Kasetsart".

we will advise you on a product for the home. beatdeadhorse.gif

Bayticol - buy it from a pet shop it costs around 140 baht.

Spay it on the floors, walls and in any cracks where they might hide , inside and outside the house and the garden too!

Dilute 1 small bottle to 12 litres of water.

The stuff stinks - spay indoors with full ventilation then close everything and get out!

To be safe, repeat the process after 2 weeks.

The ticks must be coming from a live host so check you neighbouring properties for possible source.

Bayticol - buy it from a pet shop it costs around 140 baht.

Spay it on the floors, walls and in any cracks where they might hide , inside and outside the house and the garden too!

Dilute 1 small bottle to 12 litres of water.

The stuff stinks - spay indoors with full ventilation then close everything and get out!

To be safe, repeat the process after 2 weeks.

The ticks must be coming from a live host so check you neighbouring properties for possible source.

Sounds lika good idea exept the smell :-)

Guess they just have to stand it. They have some cracks where they know the ticks are.

Thanks

/thomas

The ticks must be breeding o something with nutrients etc. if not animals then who?? Without a host the their life cycle will die out.

Could it be rats?

There was a dog in the house some time ago bit it is gone now

Could be rats but seems unlikely. They hate light so look in the dark places, I found them at one time in their dozens, small black babies that is, inside a pillow case, and as someone previously mentioned the vacuum seem to get rid of them the easiest way. You have to stop the life cycle somehow, once they have had their fill of blood etc. they drop off the host and hide to produce the offspring. The offspring find a new host and the who cycle start again. I have two dogs and it has taken me ages to get them under control, unfortunately they survive in grass etc. so it is easy to get re-infested, cats carry them everywhere.

I had loads in my house but got rid off them over 2-3 days.

We cut the grass and had pest company spray it with some stuff that must have been bad as our dogs were not allowed out for 3 hours after. Then we washed all sofa covers , dogs beds etc at high temperature in machine.We had plastic clip on wall skirting which we removed and found loads behind , washed down with bleach and finally mopped the floors twice a day with strong mix of bleach and water.

Also we painted the room where there seemed to be a lot( usually at the top off the wall where it joined the ceiling) and never seen any again !!

The OP has said that there are no animals in the house. The Bayticol idea is a good start, there is a tick spray called Chaindrite with a picture of ants and cockroaches on it. You can use that for spraying into cracks and general use. Chaindrite takes about three days to show effect and doesn't kill the eggs. I haven't seen any fumigating bombs here.

Tick eggs can remain dormant for three years or more and an adult tick can lay 10 to 20 000 eggs at a time. We got rid of our infestation and now have animals in the house again, using the above mentioned.

I have read stories of people taking out skirting boards and finding thousands of the little f***ers there.

under sofas, chairs, tables, behind units and they love curtains..

Living room, Bedrooms, worst is when you wake up in the morning and find tick on your body and in the bed... twice in 12 years here have had them up stairs in the bedroom, moving the bed was loads on the wall and head board, curtains and behind wardrobes

Best I found is C1, a bottle is 60 baht, dilute with water and spray everywhere, I have a pump up spray bottle... repeat every week for 6 weeks = there gone., also if you have dogs you can buy C1 shampoo

Had the same problem once in my house in Pattaya. Cured it with a smoke bomb and spraying with Permedan, both bought at Friendship supermarket.

Spraying diluted C1 has also been recommended.

Spray everywhere, behind pictures/mirrors, under bed, EVERYWHERE. Check for an external source of the problem.

Nasty things ticks. Best wishes.

Had the same problem once in my house in Pattaya. Cured it with a smoke bomb and spraying with Permedan, both bought at Friendship supermarket.

Spray everywhere, behind pictures/mirrors, under bed, EVERYWHERE. Check for an external source of the problem.

Thanks for the tip

Do you know the name of the smoke bomb?

Thanks for the tip

Sorry I don't. It was the only one they had though. If I remember I'll have a look on Friday when I'm next there.

Thanks for the tip

Sorry I don't. It was the only one they had though. If I remember I'll have a look on Friday when I'm next there.

I can't seem to get rid of them either, and with 5 dogs and a large yard, it seems almost impossible. I've had the pest control come out and spray the whole yard, but it didn't seem to kill them as the next few days they were just as plentiful.

What is this C1 I'm reading about as I've never heard of it nor seen it.

Thanks for the tip

Great Keesters.

That would be very much appreciated.

The person from Vietnam said that the one they had there was very effective.

under sofas, chairs, tables, behind units and they love curtains..

Living room, Bedrooms, worst is when you wake up in the morning and find tick on your body and in the bed... twice in 12 years here have had them up stairs in the bedroom, moving the bed was loads on the wall and head board, curtains and behind wardrobes

Best I found is C1, a bottle is 60 baht, dilute with water and spray everywhere, I have a pump up spray bottle... repeat every week for 6 weeks = there gone., also if you have dogs you can buy C1 shampoo

Do you have a photo of the C1 bottle? Or manybe some more information. I tried to google but did not get anythng

I can't seem to get rid of them either, and with 5 dogs and a large yard, it seems almost impossible. I've had the pest control come out and spray the whole yard, but it didn't seem to kill them as the next few days they were just as plentiful.

Just spraying the yard isn't enough if you have animals. The dogs need regularly going over for ticks (using tweezers and knocking them off onto a piece of newspaper, killing them with the tweezers) as often as necessary. Some of our dogs are almost clean, they are the ones that live outdoors. The indoor ones need checking more intensively. They also get a weekly tick shampoo and a monthly dose of Ivermectin, following the instructions. One dog gets ill when we give her a tick shampoo treatment so we stopped with her. We have eight dogs and it can be done, but you have to keep at it.

Just spraying the yard isn't enough if you have animals. The dogs need regularly going over for ticks (using tweezers and knocking them off onto a piece of newspaper, killing them with the tweezers) as often as necessary. Some of our dogs are almost clean, they are the ones that live outdoors. The indoor ones need checking more intensively. They also get a weekly tick shampoo and a monthly dose of Ivermectin, following the instructions. One dog gets ill when we give her a tick shampoo treatment so we stopped with her. We have eight dogs and it can be done, but you have to keep at it.

using tweezers and knocking them off ?

Myself always use [here is Ethyl Alcohol 70%] pour some into the cap and use cotton bud dab on tick = tick retracts its fangs and falls off, then put into screw lid pot with the Alcohol in..... have 10 indoor dogs. but door are open and they run around the house and garden in the daytime... been here 12 years, did the same with my dogs in Portugal, for me is easier than tweezers + seals the hole in the dogs skin = No blood or infection on the skin of my dogs... it is just automatic every evening both for me and the dogs they come 1 by 1 to be checked..

Edit: Go to the Vet every 6 months for Tick injections 1,000 baht for all 10 dogs.......... not found here any place that sell the stuff, as in Portugal used to buy a bottle from the Vet, and keep in the fridge and inject the dogs myself..

Edited by ignis

Maybe you have never been confronted with a dog with hundreds of ticks (this dog is now completely clean). We never had infections due to the minute wounds caused by pulling out ticks, blood generally comes when you have a larger tick, which we no longer have.

Thanks for the tip

Great Keesters.

That would be very much appreciated.

The person from Vietnam said that the one they had there was very effective.

ARS AQUA FUMIGATOR

Saw it today in Friendship Supermarket. Has a web address http://www.ars.co.th/product_ars.php?lang=eng&page=4