Rock N Drink In Bkk

tk47

Hi all.

I will be a newbie in Thailand in a couple of weeks so .....

As I will be spending the first week of my Thai holiday in BKK, what pubs / clubs / bars would you recommend for good rock / heavy music or even UK style older pop music, if there are any? :o

TIA :D

My fave is the the 5 Star in Soi Cowboy.A smallish bar,the band is on stage at the far end, small pole dancing area on the left.Good staff, fair prices.The band are great, Boy the axeman is a great talent,they play all sorts,Deep Purple stuff is brilliant.I always get them to play Wings Band on the Run!. Get some some really talented guys turn up and jam as well.

My fave is the the 5 Star in Soi Cowboy.A smallish bar,the band is on stage at the far end, small pole dancing area on the left.Good staff, fair prices.The band are great, Boy the axeman is a great talent,they play all sorts,Deep Purple stuff is brilliant.I always get them to play Wings Band on the Run!. Get some some really talented guys turn up and jam as well.

That sounds a good place too Panzer.

Now I'll have a choice of places to take the Thai lass when she turns up from work.

Looks like I am going to have a lot of fun in BKK.

And I am supposed to cut down on the demon drink!!! Ahhhh, stuff the Docs advice.... this is a holiday :o

Nice to see people in this forum know where to have fun. Thx guys.

I used to go to the Hard Rock in Siam and enjoyed the live rock music they used to play. Then I went in one night and they had a hip hop band of wannabes on stage playing the likes of MTV rap/hip hop "music" complete with the sideways NY yankee caps and other getup. I was putrified and bolted out of there never to return. My advice is don't torture yourself by paying 500 cover to have fecal matter tossed in your face

Edited by Beavis and Butthead

• 2 weeks later...
Five Star is about the 4th or 5th bar on left as you enter the street. Smallish frontage, as you enter theres a small bar and go go stage on your left, the band stage is right at the end of the place.get there after 10pm. Enjoy.

still a gogo, but hmmmmm......

I guess it is but not in the usual sense, more like a bar with a few dancers and a great live band.If you sit up the band end the dancers are behind you and you wouldn't even know they are there. I love the place, have had some great fun nights there.Everyone I have taken there has loved the place too and returned.

• 2 weeks later...

You could also try Tokyo Joes on Suk Soi24. Good live music, but not the cheapest place in town. If you fancy venturing a bit further afield, then head for the Blues Factory in Pattaya. Its one of the sponsors here, and I've had a couple of great nights there - top quality live music