PM Prayut orders ministry to find houses for 4 million homeless people

webfact

I guess the required no of houses depends on how many people can be allocated to each dwelling.....

And, either the 3.7 million folk are outside of the official age for employment, or the figures have been provided by TAT.

Could always force them to go to work instead of swinging in the hammock.

Every factory, every shop, every hotel, pretty much every and any business is looking for staff and yet there are homeless? They are homeless because they do not want to work.

If they worked in a factory, most offer free rooms, but again that does mean they have to work, instead of swinging in the hammock

Could always offer them fair wages, education and labour legislation.

Education is free, fair wages? Labor legislation ? Have you forgotten your medication again?

In the Province of Trang only 29% of all new built houses or condos are being sold. Here in Hat Yai there are hundreds as well, all empty, and not being sold. I also believe, that there a way more all over Thailand.This would be a wonderful opportunity for the state to create homes for the homeless, before those houses fall back into the hands of banks, which financed their construction.

I would be interested to see some proof other than words, of the ministry housing 1.3 million homeless families as this is the first I've ever heard of it.

Funny I read it as 1.3 people I do not see a million mentioned.

.3 of a family ..Somebody explain

he can order as much as he wants to.

Where does he or his orderee get the money to house and keep housed 4 mil folks?

And where is the money coming from taking care of the farmer's debts?

Where does he get bthe money to buy subs?

This is not the army mr. do good general.

How is it that 4 million people are homeless while the unemployment rate saying only 300,000 are not working?

300,000 unemployed, but four million are homeless. That four million might include people who are living in shacks or worse. Some of those who have got jobs are actually working for low wages, that's why they're homeless or living in shacks.

Britain has unemployed people. They can very easily reduce unemployment in Britain, and make it the same level as Thailand, ie full employment. Britain could stop unemployment benefit and other social security, that way, people must work just to survive. This will force a lot of those who are presently unemployed into doing anything for a job. Would they ever do this Britain ? No. And I hope it never gets done.

My point is the unemployment rate is wrong.

I think the Boss meant "Find homes for these people and do it now, and that's an order"

A house is not a home and a home is not always a house. A difficult task. But with all those empty condos everywhere, maybe he's on the right track.

For goodness sake it's all just talk, how long have you lived here ? Thailand is the hub for homeless people the only hub claim they never make.

Yes, this is what Thailand needs to do, build homes for homeless people.

How about a ten year programme, where four million new homes (houses and condos) will be built using tax-payers money. People who are homeless or poor will live in these homes. They will pay minimal rent (below the market rate), some will be allowed to live rent-free. And those who do pay rent, well, they will be allowed to buy the property at a discount to the market rate after living there for five years. And they can buy it using a government mortgage.

Construction of four million homes over ten years, enough to house the homeless and some of the poor as well. And this will create a whole load of jobs in the construction sector. but, got to make sure those jobs go to Thai construction workers only. Yes, pay Thais 700 baht per day instead of foreigners (Cambodians, Burmese, Laos people) 300 baht per day. This means the house building programme will benefit not just Thais who are homeless and poor, but it will create jobs and income for other Thais too. And the ability to own a property at a discount price, it's great.

Come on Thailand, what are you waiting for ? Do it, it will benefit your nation tremendously.

Or make every company building a high rise condo also build simple houses for a number of families equal to 10 % of their condo units.