Politician Chonsawat sentenced to 18 months in jail

webfact

COURT
Chonsawat sentenced to 18 months in jail

30265875-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Supreme Court on Tuesday sentenced a highprofile Samut Prakan politician province to a oneandahalf year jail term for malfeasance and intention to violate the law during a 1999 election.

Chonsawat Asavahame, chairman of Samut Prakan Provincial Administrative Organisation attended the reading of the verdict at the Samut Prakarn Court on Tuesday, after being absent from the court on several occasions.

Chonsawat is a son of Wattana, a former deputy interior minister, who is on the run after being sentenced to 10 years in jail on corruption and fraud charges.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Chonsawat-sentenced-to-18-months-in-jail-30265875.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-08-04

...............Chonsawat is a son of Wattana, a former deputy interior minister, who is on the run after being sentenced to 10 years in jail on corruption and fraud charges................

What quality people the Thais have to represent them(selves?)

So is he actually in prison ...now,?

It will be a momentous moment in Thailand,when those

politicians, government officials actually serve time,it

also means (or it should) that they cannot be elected again

to office.

regards Worgeordie

...............Chonsawat is a son of Wattana, a former deputy interior minister, who is on the run after being sentenced to 10 years in jail on corruption and fraud charges................

What quality people the Thais have to represent them(selves?)

Who cares about quality of representatives? Only how much was offered for my vote counts...

It will be a momentous moment in Thailand,when those

politicians, government officials actually serve time,it

also means (or it should) that they cannot be elected again

to office.

regards Worgeordie

I think that's a yes and a no. Nowhere left to appeal to, so like Prompong, no grounds for bail, it's off to the pokey. But IIRC it's 2 years sentence before you are banned.

Edited by halloween

He is -- he was taken there directly from court. I suspect that he wasn't helped by having his father still on the run, not to mention that well publicised beating he gave his ex-wife. Just once in a while the Thai justice system gives these thugs what they deserve.

Nice tailored suit, nice shirt and nice designer glasses.
And one saying that crime and corruption are not worthwhile.
Very annoying here, that the corrupts, fraudsters and criminals can keep the stolen wealth from the thai people.

Malfeasnce, intentional violation of the law, on the run from 10 years in jail, corruption and fraud charges.

And they are the positive attributes of a PTP politician!! What a great example to set for the majority.

Malfeasnce, intentional violation of the law, on the run from 10 years in jail, corruption and fraud charges.

And they are the positive attributes of a PTP politician!! What a great example to set for the majority.

Where does it stands that he or his father was or is a member of the PTP. Proof please.

I recommend that you read the story in the news today about him and then apologize for your PTP crap. Are facts not important for you, if you can bash politicians and lick butt of the ruling junta? If you want that people take your arguments serious it would be a good start to stop lying or do you plan a career in Thai politics? Go get a life. Edited by hanuman2543

I recommend that you read the story in the news today about him and then apologize for your PTP crap. Are facts not important for you, if you can bash politicians and lick butt of the ruling junta? If you want that people take your arguments serious it would be a good start to stop lying or do you plan a career in Thai politics? Go get a life.

It is quite obvious that he was referring to Wattana, which makes your reply rabid nonsense.

His Daddy made a fortune exporting some of Thailands best known recreational products.

And we all know what those recreational "products" are. :)

The stories that have circulated over the years about the Asavahames do not paint a pretty picture of them. If I'm to believe my former colleagues and staff, they are nasty, vicious, people. A measure of the disdain felt for this family can be found in the Asavahame building on Srinakharin near Patanakarn. It was curiously always empty while buildings around it were thriving. I asked a colleague who works in the real estate field why this was so, and he said it was because no company wanted to be associated with the Asavahames. The name of the building was eventually changed.