Anyone coming to Pattaya from UK in the next few weeks?

Mobi

I am looking for some kind person who is prepared to hand-carry a small tube containing medical test strips from the UK to Pattaya.

Unfortunately, these strips are not available in Thailand, hence the need to buy them in the UK. I need them to check my blood INR. I have an artificial heart valve and I take warfarin which thins my blood - hence the need for regular testing.

The strips are in a small tube, approx. 8cm x 3 cm and it weighs a few grams.

If anyone is willing to help me with this, I will arrange to have the strips delivered to your UK address and I will collect them from you when you get back to Pattaya.

Many thanks

Mobi

I am looking for some kind person who is prepared to hand-carry a small tube containing medical test strips from the UK to Pattaya.

Unfortunately, these strips are not available in Thailand, hence the need to buy them in the UK. I need them to check my blood INR. I have an artificial heart valve and I take warfarin which thins my blood - hence the need for regular testing.

If anyone is willing to help me with this, I will arrange to have the strips delivered to your UK address and I will collect them from you when you get back to Pattaya.

Many thanks

Mobi

Can you not have someone send them from the UK through the post ?

Many thanks

Mobi

Can you not have someone send them from the UK through the post ?

If you have nothing helpfull to say better you say nothing sad.png don,t you think the BM has considered this whistling.gif

I am going to UK next week (14th) for one month return Sept (12th?). I live near Manchester.

Thanks for offering. I will get back to you. It doesn't matter where you live as I will have the strips mailed to your UK address.

And for those who were wondering, these strips are quite expensive and I cannot risk them in the mail as it is very unreliable. Many parcels never arrive. A couriered package may be held up in customs. So hand carry is by far my preferred method of delivery if I can find some kind soul who is willing. One tube of strips will last a year.

Wow my faith in mankind has been restored ty for the act of charity or kindness is a better word, sorry that you live in manchester tho but then 1 has to live somewhere i guess.

Actually I live in Bang Saray near Pattaya. It would be more accurate to say I visit UK to see my daughters/grandsons. The good thing about living near Manchester is I can watch my favourite team in the flesh - the red half not their noisy neighbours.

The bad thing is the climate! My Thai wife & I are perished all the time we are there - 10 visits so far; all in Summer & the temp has NEVER got over 22!

a good bunch here on Thaivisa.

Yes, they are. Contrary to popular legend, a lot of expats here in Pattaya are very decent folk.

Unfortunately, you only hear about the bad ones as they make all the headlines.

May I thank all of you who have offered to help and I will be replying PM.

What a silly Billy Mr Mobi .................. I read you've just recently returned from UK I believe. Forgetful silly Billy, or maybe just too busy.

Nope - nothing like that.

I have only just been given a test meter from a good friend who no longer needs it. Testing myself will save me a lot of money, and avoid journeys to Pattaya, but I didn't consider it before as the meter is very costly, and anyway not available here.

This has all happened since I returned from UK, over a month ago.

Just to let everyone know that I have made contact with a kind person who is coming to Pattaya next week and will bring me the strips.

Many thanks to all those who offered to help. It renews my faith in humanity - well Brits anyway....smile.png