Counter Top Gas Burners.

dddave

I wish to buy a counter top gas cooktop with 2 hobs, the kind you see at most Thai retailers selling for between B1000-B3000. The most apparent difference between less and more expensive units seems to be size and chrome.

I want a unit with at least one hob with a very hot output, not restaurant grade but as close to it as possible. I have attempted to ask sales people which units have the hotter elements but they are generally clueless. Understandable really as they would have to actually use each model being sold to really know.

Most of the product boxes have no heat output information displayed..

I'm hoping there are some of you out there who have purchased similar units and can maybe steer me to a model they have experienced with a good, hot flame.

Have you found them to be pretty much the same model to model or are there real differences in heat output between them?

Thanks.

I bought a new one for my Gf's place at Big C....Imart Flex.....one of the better looking ones....terrible. It said it employees Japanese technology.....All it does is heat in a very small area...........

I bought a new one for my Gf's place at Big C....Imart Flex.....one of the better looking ones....terrible. It said it employees Japanese technology.....All it does is heat in a very small area...........

But Japanese are generally very small people thumbsup.gif

That's helpful. That was one of the brands I was seriously considering; available almost everywhere.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Have had 3 different models. The hottest by far was "Lucky Flame AT-625" bought at Home Pro for THB 2590.

Direct flame with heavy duty burners (appear to be cast iron).

At maximum setting, it looks like it's going to blast off.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out. i was at HOME PRO last week and saw the Lucky Flame models. Thanks for the specific model number.

Sorry, one more question: Do the gas hoses needed to connect to the supply bottle come with the stoves or do they need to be purchased separately?