Ford Developing Advanced Headlights that Point Out People, Animals in the Dark, and Widen Beams at T

camera_based_advanced_front_lighting2.jp

BANGKOK, Thailand, August 5, 2015 – Driving at night, particularly on unlit roads, can be a nerve-wracking experience. Ford is developing new lighting technologies that will enable drivers to more easily identify potential hazards, including pedestrians, cyclists and animals.

Ford’s Camera-Based Advanced Front Lighting System can widen the beam at junctions and roundabouts to better illuminate hazards that are not in the direction of travel. New Spot Lighting technology helps draw the driver’s attention to pedestrians, cyclists and even large animals in the vehicle’s path or even just off the road.

“Many people who drive at night have had to quickly react to someone or something suddenly appearing in the road – as if from nowhere. Ford’s Camera-Based Advanced Front Lighting System and Spot Lighting help ensure the driver is quickly alerted to people or animals that could present a danger,” said Ken Washington, vice president, Ford Research and Advanced Engineering.

http://www.farangmoto.com/thailand/index.php/84-ford/343-headlight-technology

Driving at night, particularly on unlit roads, can be a nerve-wracking experience

How about Driving at night in Thailand, can be a nerve-wracking experience

It would make no difference here what lights you had, and for some no lights is required.

Driving at night, particularly on unlit roads, can be a nerve-wracking experience

It would make no difference here what lights you had, and for some no lights is required.

The best investments I ever made was white Xenon all 6 of my front lights fitted with same, on country unlit roads their unreal.

The best investments I ever made was white Xenon all 6 of my front lights fitted with same, on country unlit roads their unreal.

Yes I went and pulled out all the halogen bulbs, for some strange reason very few want to dip from full beam.

I fitted HID kits in all 6 lights, the main beam is 75w, low beam is 55w, and 35w for the fog lights. They are all 5000k white

Yes I think I passed you guys last night, just before I became suddenly blind and wrapped my truck around a tree.

I also had fitted (Free where I got them) HID LG lights sorry don't know the power of same, suffice to say their very good.

C/K

Glad to say I wasn't me that blinded you it must have been that rascal Mr Isan so you can send him your out of pocket bill.

N/B the best thing about them is those Thai drivers hate them in the dark, as you come up behind them they move rapidly into a slower lane. As everyone knows they never move over so worth the monies just for that alone, the extra light and the fact that you can see everything is an added bonus.

Edited by fredob43

Yes I think I passed you guys last night, just before I became suddenly blind and wrapped my truck around a tree.

I also had fitted (Free where I got them) HID LG lights sorry don't know the power of same, suffice to say their very good.

C/K

Glad to say I wasn't me that blinded you it must have been that rascal Mr Isan so you can send him your out of pocket bill.

N/B the best thing about them is those Thai drivers hate them in the dark, as you come up behind them they move rapidly into a slower lane. As everyone knows they never move over so worth the monies just for that alone, the extra light and the fact that you can see everything is an added bonus.

You will easy know if you have HID fitted the plug from the wiring loom will go to a ballast and then another cable from the ballast will connect to the bulb. The Thai equivalent is a Xenon Plasma marked bulb that is actually a blue tinted Halogen bulb.

My car has Bi Xenon and has more of a light blue color but I prefer the white light.

CK

Ok I will take the blame, send me the bill and I will have a cheque sent out by EMS this afternoon

C/K

You will easy know if you have HID fitted the plug from the wiring loom will go to a ballast and then another cable from the ballast will connect to the bulb. The Thai equivalent is a Xenon Plasma marked bulb that is actually a blue tinted Halogen bulb.

My car has Bi Xenon and has more of a light blue color but I prefer the white light.

CK

Ok I will take the blame, send me the bill and I will have a cheque sent out by EMS this afternoon

Just had a look at the box they came in, very fancy but all the instructions power bit's are missing so cant say what power they are my bulbs are HID Xenon's though, clear bulbs with a wire out of the front going back via a blue looks like a plastic strip.

On the box it says white, and that's exactly what they are. All via the 6 ballast boxes, that take up loads of room under the front of the bonnet.

N/B only got the boxes because the fitters put my old bulbs in them for safe keeping. Not that I want them as their at best rubbish.

C/K

CK

Just had a look at the box they came in, very fancy but all the instructions power bit's are missing so cant say what power they are my bulbs are HID Xenon's though, clear bulbs with a wire out of the front going back via a blue looks like a plastic strip.

On the box it says white, and that's exactly what they are. All via the 6 ballast boxes, that take up loads of room under the front of the bonnet.

N/B only got the boxes because the fitters put my old bulbs in them for safe keeping. Not that I want them as their at best rubbish.

These bulbs last a long time I fitted my kits 4 year ago and never blown a bulb.

The info from the ballast will determine what bulbs you have fitted

post-1136-0-53569500-1438849805_thumb.jp

post-1136-0-20283800-1438849844_thumb.jp

post-1136-0-55223400-1438849868_thumb.jp

Thanks for the snaps. Alas I cant see my ballasts as they are mounted on the front of the engine compartment both sides of the rad. Sorry to say that the Spivo doesn't have the amount of room that yours does. If I want to have a look I'll have to take 3 of them out. Nut's a bolts that's for grease monkeys.

Your right though it say on the box that they have a minimum of 3,000 hour life span. As I use my car less than 1/2an hour during the week at night they will more than likely be going when the car is no more.

Edited by fredob43

I improved my night vision by leaps and bounds by simply removing the crazy dark window tint that came on my pickup when I bought it.

Didn't cost a baht and I don't blind oncoming drivers...

But u ain't gangsta anymore

My next plan is to re-tint my windows, but leave out little peepholes where I can look out and actually see at night.

But I need to consult my stylist to figure out the baddest ass looking shape for the peepholes. And he's doing 5-10...

Anything that makes driving safer has to be a good idea. Sadly, it will be wasted here.

Well........... Not every "innovation" makes driving safer, more convenient but not necessarily safer and this is also subjective.