Android one Introduced in Thailand. Best value for money.

sjonburi

• THB 4,444.00 !
  • Android 5.1.1 with guaranteed direct updates from Google.
  • 64 bit Snapdragon 410 chipset
  • 1.2 Ghz CPU
  • 5-inch HD display
  • 16 MB storage (expandable)
  • 4G LTE
  • Dual-SIM
  • 2500 mAh batttery
  • 8MP camera

Android One says สวัสดี to Thailand

The goal of Android One is to ensure that more people have high-quality, up-to-date smartphones, and today we’re bringing the first Android One phone to Thailand with the arrival of i-mobile’s iQ II.
i-mobile’s iQ II features a 5” HD screen with an 8-megapixel rear camera and a 2-megapixel camera on the front — just perfect for a quick selfie. It is also 4G compatible and lets you use and switch seamlessly between two SIM cards.
gsmarena_001.jpg
As an Android One phone, the i-mobile iQ II combines hardware that’s been tested by Google with the latest version of Android (Lollipop 5.1.1). Android Lollipop offers Google’s new Material Design interface, up to 2x better performance, a battery saver feature, and smarter notifications.
It will also automatically receive an update to the next version of Android from i-mobile soon after it is released (subject to i-mobile’s schedule), so your phone stays fast and responsive over time.
The i-mobile iQ II is available at i-mobile shops, online and retail stores across Thailand for 4,444 THB. For more details please visit: http://product.i-mobilephone.com/preview/53/2118

Posted by Caesar Sengupta, VP, Product Management

โพสต์เมื่อ 19 hours ago โดย Admin
ป้ายกำกับ: #AndroidOne #GoogleTH

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I-mobile haven't actually got a good track record for upgrading the OS on their phones. They usually just release a new phone with a similar name a few months later!

Agreed, my IQ4 never got upgraded but it still works after 2 years use.

And the model no's are completely confusing man, only a Thai could have made that upbiggrin.png

I wonder how the GPS reception is on the new IQ II? It really sucks on my IQ4 and it takes very very long time to get a signal (if any).

Has anyone seen this model here, yet?

I looked around yesterday, couldn't find any, and sellers seemed unsure of availability dates?

The whole idea of Android One is to offer plain, stock (Nexus-like) Android/GApps, so upgrades should be available with iMobile having to get in the way.

https://support.google.com/android-one/answer/4457705?hl=en&ref_topic=6081772

Android M (6.0?) is due out, maybe as early as October? If you have a certain Nexus device, you can run a pre-release. I ran the 2nd release on my Nexus 5, it worked fine but when I tried to root it I experienced issues, so went back to 5.1.1 (LMY48I)

I looked around yesterday, couldn't find any, and sellers seemed unsure of availability dates?

Bought mine two days ago at i-Mobile store at Tesco North Pattaya.

Great device for the small money.

Only issue is the missing "root" until now.

But I will try to compile TWRP, to flash a "root.zip"

B carefull with flashing.

Latest androids got fuse, u will trip knox flag, google it.

B carefull with flashing.

Latest androids got fuse, u will trip knox flag, google it.

I thought Knox was Samsung.

Great,

How is the GPS? Will it pick up satellites easily? My old IQ4 often seems unable to find anysad.png

I am not interested in rooting and flashing or whatever you guys do to your phones laugh.png

Great,

How is the GPS? Will it pick up satellites easily? My old IQ4 often seems unable to find anysad.png

I am not interested in rooting and flashing or whatever you guys do to your phones laugh.png

I think it has a Qualcomm chipset so GPS shouldn't be a problem. Early Mediatek chipsets had problems like the one in your IQ.

I'm tempted by this phone too.

Does this phone support 2 SIMs?

Question - what's the point with 2 SIMs in phones?

1st SIM is the good one - 4G/3G

2nd SIM seems to be only 2G (not 3G nor 4G). But didn't Thailand abandon 2G this year? If so, what use is the 2nd SIM slot?!

If so, what use is the 2nd SIM slot?!

Multiple numbers would seem to be one benefit, alternative providers another.

In some countries they have regional providers, so for those who travel between regions, having multiple SIMs is a necessity.

If so, what use is the 2nd SIM slot?!

Multiple numbers would seem to be one benefit, alternative providers another.

In some countries they have regional providers, so for those who travel between regions, having multiple SIMs is a necessity.

Thanks - I'm currently in Thailand using TrueMove. Didn't Thailand recently "abandon" 2G SIMs end of last year?

And if they abandoned 2G, will the 2nd SIM slot be of use within Thailand?

I just bought one, just couldn't help me myself. whistling.gif

It is good for the money on 1st impressions, 1gb Ram and 16gb for internal storage and then I got a 16gb mini SD card for photos and stuff like that.

Android version 5.1.1

It's nice that you can buy a 1/2 decent phone for below 5000 baht, for me no need to spend more.

Nice to run Android again, but I keep my Microsoft phone.

I just bought one, just couldn't help me myself. whistling.gif

It is good for the money on 1st impressions, 1gb Ram and 16gb for internal storage and then I got a 16gb mini SD card for photos and stuff like that.

Android version 5.1.1

It's nice that you can buy a 1/2 decent phone for below 5000 baht, for me no need to spend more.

Nice to run Android again, but I keep my Microsoft phone.

1) do you use the 2nd SIM slot?

2) I heard that the phone comes with a TrueMove 4G SIM with some sort of promotion - is this correct? What's the promotion?

Ta.

1GB RAM is more than enough for a phone in this price bracket, also given the fact that this android version is highly optimized and contains zero to little bloatware.

Don't forget that the iphone 6 also "only" has 1 GB of RAM and a dual core 1.4gHz processor but runs lightning fast because the software is optimized for the hardware.

This phone gets direct updates from Google which means always the latest security and performance updates.

@guzzi850m2 : how's the camera?

No I don't uses the 2nd sim slot (yet) and no free sim card either but got a free screen protector and a pouch.

Not really tried the camera yet, took 1 shot so far and that looked okay.

It looks like the battery is gone, it wont take the charge, hmmm, been charging and charging but still the battery meter drops and the charger is working it got a red led lit and is slightly hot and so is the back of the phone and the charging symbol is on too.

Looks like back to the shop tomorrow. sad.png

Well you got 7 days grace from when you buy it for a straight swap, so will see.

Did you charge it straight from purchase. Or did you use it and run it flat (not a good idea)

When you talk about the battery icon are you talking about on the screen that goes up and down.. Is it going up and down or stuck.. If stuck. Then try unplugging and re-plugging the charger a few times until it shows charging

Well I tried another charger I have in my house that have slightly higher mA rate and that one is charging the battery pretty fast.

The battery was charged to app 60% when the phone was unpacked and tested in the shop and I ran it down to app 20% before plugging in the charger.

The charger supplied with the phone is 1000mA or 1A.

That charger was actually charging the battery but very very slow, 1 day and 6 hours for a charge.

On another note: I just tried a game called: Nitro Nation (car game) with awesome graphics and the phone managed that without shuttering and that is impressive for a 1gb ram phone.

I'd get a 2nd hand note 3 for a little extra

3gb of ram is a real workhorse and if you root the thing, you end up with no bloatware etc but it's good for the money

I bought Imobile 9.2 recently and its also big Spec for this much money

Mrs didn't like it so it's going for sale or I'll keep it spare I guess :)

well, finally got it rooted...

It's not a "one click" solution and I will try, to put all together in a "user-friendly" .zip file.

I will publish it on XDA the next days and post a link here, if interested.

c578398544f2b9250d68c5116bb97c9c.png

5f67bd0e355d8c5a7f8559b8d24c6e50.png

Edited by Turkleton

Good to hear about the graphics. Guess the Adreno 306 GPU is doing its thing. Strange the phone charges so slowly, especially since the Snapdragon 410 has quick charge 2.0 technology.

Just out of curiosity :) can you benchmark this phone with Geekbench 3? I have a rooted Galaxy S5 which gets 962 single-core and 3065 multi-core score.

Well I tried another charger I have in my house that have slightly higher mA rate and that one is charging the battery pretty fast.

The battery was charged to app 60% when the phone was unpacked and tested in the shop and I ran it down to app 20% before plugging in the charger.

The charger supplied with the phone is 1000mA or 1A.

That charger was actually charging the battery but very very slow, 1 day and 6 hours for a charge.

On another note: I just tried a game called: Nitro Nation (car game) with awesome graphics and the phone managed that without shuttering and that is impressive for a 1gb ram phone.

OK just downloaded the app and tested:

Single-core score= 484

Multi-core score= 1430

Is that good? No idea myselfbiggrin.png but I can see it's about 1/2 of what you gets on a rooted G. S5

50% of the performance for 20% of the (new) price sounds to be a good deal.biggrin.png

But even more important, no crappy, unremovable Samsung bloatware and services, which slows everything down to a crawl.