why is there no humour left in tvf

opalred

I think the funniest thread that I ever read was the one some years ago about the western guy who claimed the same seat in a Bangkok cafe every day, and various posters made it their aim to sit in said seat before the guy arrived.

Now where is that long thread? - I need a good laugh

That sounds good Simon, maybe a mod can help.

The advent of Political correctness has distroyed humour.. It's as simple as that.. Irony, sarcasm, caricature, imitation, satire, parody etc etc.. Are now all seen as racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-religious or even deviant.. So everyone is now terified to make a glib comment in case they are vilified or worse prosecuted... Everyone now pretends to take offence and freigns outrage to be part of the gang.

The days of witty banter are over.. Even in an all male workplace the thought police are out to get you..

I think you may have a point here, but no one will frighten me in to making a glib comment, and if anyone wants to do it to me that's fine, as

long as there is no nastiness from the small amount of keyboard warriors.

Humour left this forum around March 2007 - you are way too late.

I do try to insert a little bit of dry humour, wit, sarcasm etc into my posts, but many posters think I'm being serious and lay into me.

Back to the drawing board for me to. Put on my Dunce cap and go sit in the corner and think. At my advanced age I better not sit to long I might become a permanent fixture. Did you ever hear the joke about the turtle crossing the road?. He just wanted to get to the other side. He felt crushed when a car ran over him. Boo Boo Boo. Yeah I know don't give up your day job. Come on the rest of you old farts make this guy eat his words.

More stories about the past from the Old Farts, would be the best antidote the forum could want....

Did ya hear about the TVF member who thought he was on to something great...found cheap wine at 199baht in supermarket?

Raced home opened it and had to spit it out....he didnt read on the bottom small print....COOKING WINE!!!....

The advent of Political correctness has distroyed humour.. It's as simple as that.. Irony, sarcasm, caricature, imitation, satire, parody etc etc.. Are now all seen as racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-religious or even deviant.. So everyone is now terified to make a glib comment in case they are vilified or worse prosecuted... Everyone now pretends to take offence and freigns outrage to be part of the gang.

The days of witty banter are over.. Even in an all male workplace the thought police are out to get you..

Yeah we should be able to insult everyone; asians, blacks, muslims, gays, transsexuals under the catchall "free speech"

I think the funniest thread that I ever read was the one some years ago about the western guy who claimed the same seat in a Bangkok cafe every day, and various posters made it their aim to sit in said seat before the guy arrived.

Now where is that long thread? - I need a good laugh

I remember that one. He was a GOM.

I wonder if he is still around?

Yeah we should be able to insult everyone; asians, blacks, muslims, gays, transsexuals under the catchall "free speech"

And caucasians don't forget caucasians.

A lot of the humor has had a mean spirit to it.....People get tired of that and always being four and quartered for a phrase that might not have been turned just right.....Others are probably tired of the trolls that derail topics and deride fellow posters in the process.....

In talking with people that have been and are no longer on here the answer has been the same as mentioned above....

They've probably tottered off to other - happier places.....

Most positives won't hang around negatives - here or in real life.....

That leaves you with the serious debating type posters,informational or the negs....

There are still some very funny posts - but it's been awhile - and the really creative light hearted truly funny posters do seem to have gotten disenchanted here....

Well, it would be better to reason all this out, just to get perspective.

If you would go back to the state of humour during the "Black Plague", that decimated 33 percent of the European Population...and compare that to the state of humour amongst modern day ThaiVisa members....one would have to agree that we are quite humorous.

Edited by slipperylobster

If you would go back to the state of humour during the "Black Plague", that decimated 33 percent of the European Population...and compare that to the state of humour amongst modern day ThaiVisa members....one would have to agree that we are quite humorous.

..... even in spite of the red, yellow, brown, green and orange plagues here.

WOW - You've renewing your retirement visa for what? 600 years now?

And caucasians don't forget caucasians.

no, they used to be HONKIES,,lol

i belive in years to come humour will be like diniousasa shit

have you noticed every where everyone now on ipad etc if you talk or smile you are a wacko

i was in japan everyone was on earphones no one talk to each other or smile malaysia same like frang countrys now

zombieland coming

so when you wake up in morning look to see who there in bed girl or ladyboy

have a good fart and pull the blanket over there head and have a good laugh

Yes, many funny posters have left TVF, most notably Costas2008.

But don't forget many incredibly negative posters have toned down their vitriol or left as well.

VIPinthailand never fails to make me chuckle, and it is very entertaining to see how some people react to his posts.

And, oh, almost forgot, I'm still here. smile.png

Edited by Gecko123

have you noticed every where everyone now on ipad etc if you talk or smile you are a wacko

i was in japan everyone was on earphones no one talk to each other or smile malaysia same like frang countrys now

zombieland coming

Thank god I was brougjht up with quill and parchment,those were the days when it was great to write a letter ( in joined up writing ) and wonderful to receive a reply,in great anticipation.I have fallen foul of the IT world,and fallen into the trap of being a moron,yes I admit it,you have won dear IT bretheren.The only satisfaction is that I know,along with a few elder bretheren of what you are missing.

There were no censors in personal letters,apart from war time.Now you poor serfs do not know what real freedom is.

zombieland coming

Thank god I was brougjht up with quill and parchment,those were the days when it was great to write a letter ( in joined up writing ) and wonderful to receive a reply,in great anticipation.I have fallen foul of the IT world,and fallen into the trap of being a moron,yes I admit it,you have won dear IT bretheren.The only satisfaction is that I know,along with a few elder bretheren of what you are missing.

There were no censors in personal letters,apart from war time.Now you poor serfs do not know what real freedom is.

Yup, & stamps that you had to lick so they stuck on the envelope. thumbsup.gif

Humour left this forum around March 2007 - you are way too late.

I do try to insert a little bit of dry humour, wit, sarcasm etc into my posts, but many posters think I'm being serious and lay into me.

Back to the drawing board for me to. Put on my Dunce cap and go sit in the corner and think. At my advanced age I better not sit to long I might become a permanent fixture. Did you ever hear the joke about the turtle crossing the road?. He just wanted to get to the other side. He felt crushed when a car ran over him. Boo Boo Boo. Yeah I know don't give up your day job. Come on the rest of you old farts make this guy eat his words.

More stories about the past from the Old Farts, would be the best antidote the forum could want....

Did ya hear about the TVF member who thought he was on to something great...found cheap wine at 199baht in supermarket?

Raced home opened it and had to spit it out....he didnt read on the bottom small print....COOKING WINE!!!....

Well my humor level is sadly dropping every day when I read the horror stories from posters who have ran the new Promenada office gauntlet. I can hardly wait for my turn. I am really of the feeling that they do not want us here. As my old sainted grandmother used to say "Actions Speak Louder Than Words"

This is one of the reasons I don't post so often anymore. Go take your intellectual discussions outside the Pub forum, moan about everyday life with your partner, ask for advice on related sub forums. The Pub forum is supposed to be a place to hang out and have a good time. Shame what's become of it now.

aaaa-No-fun-allowed.jpg

zombieland coming

Yup, & stamps that you had to lick so they stuck on the envelope. thumbsup.gif

And didnt that glue taste like crap....biggrin.png

There are times when I enjoy just sitting back and reading all the bitching rather than joining in. Cheap entertainment that is hard to find elsewhere.

I'd ban such voyeuristic behaviour if I was a mod.

Unless we had a binocular salesman on the sponsor list....got to look at the bigger picture!!