Second hand furniture shops on Theprasit road?

mike111

Try Collingbourne's Auction House.....Stuff that did not sell is left for awhile and you can buy it if you dont want to go to the auction. Never know what will be there.

I've found second hand shops here to be very disappointing. Poor selection and quite high prices. You can find a gem from time to time, but it's rare.

Back in the US, second hand furniture could be a steal. My brother fitted out his entire 3br house like this. Off craigslist. He got some amazing deals. Here, I think many pass along the old furniture to their relatives. Or, just keep it! LOL

2nd hand in Thailand has no meaning regarding the price. Cars are an example - barely 20% loss in 10 years on a New car price.

Even at auction. I know someone who just bought a Merc and paid 5 times what he would have paid in the UK for the same car on the Auto Trader site.

There is a large 2nd hand store on Sukh 500 mtrs ? past the Floating Market heading South on the same side as the Market. They have large Chinese style vases for more than you pay at Home Pro. You can also buy Skis.....made of Plywood... 40 year old rusting Golf Clubs for more than you pay for a decent new set of starter sets in Super Sports. Old sit up and beg style bikes with steel rods instead cables for brakes for more than you pay for a good bike in Tesco.

Some of the shops on Soi 6 off Theprasit will sell you 2nd hand toilets....for more than you pay in Thai Watsadu...

There is no end to the strangeness and madness in these parts....

There is a large 2nd hand store on Sukh 500 mtrs ? past the Floating Market heading South on the same side as the Market. They have large Chinese style vases for more than you pay at Home Pro. You can also buy Skis.....made of Plywood... 40 year old rusting Golf Clubs for more than you pay for a decent new set of starter sets in Super Sports. Old sit up and beg style bikes with steel rods instead cables for brakes for more than you pay for a good bike in Tesco.

That place near the Floating Market is indeed very strange. It seems to fancy itself as a sort of arts and crafts depot, but in fact most of what it sells is tasteless trash with the occasional 40-year-old "antique" that one might find in any car boot sale (garage sale) in the west. But it also has an eclectic collection of musical instruments, a few of which, at least at first sight, seem to be quite good value.

There is a secondhand shop on Theprasit 7 about 100 meters down on the right

I have never stopped to look but have rode past many times and the selection does not look great.

IMO you would be better looking on Thaivisa classifieds, bahtsold and various second hand groups on Facebook than here.