Corruption and Lies at UPS Airport Customs

tsk3009

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPS. Had to pay approx 90% of value. First and last time used.

Royal Mail tracked and signed. Paid 7 yes seven baht to postman. Gave him 13 baht tip.

Both packages from UK . Small bike engine parts about 100 UK pound value.

Does anyone know what the 7 baht charge is? The office downstairs always pays it and gets it back from me, I know it's a valid charge because sometimes there is a stamp on the parcel in Thai but obviously indicating a charge of 7 baht. It isn't every parcel either, maybe 50% hit rate.

I'm not objecting to the charge, but if anyone knows what it actually is I would appreciate their sharing.

Is does seem a strange figure, in fact I thought he meant 70 baht, which I would have paid happily anyway.

There is a third package on the way now and should arrive next week. I will try to find out and post if I get an answer.

Interesting point is that it takes between 2 and 3 days to get from UK to Bangkok and 5 to 7 days to do the other 200 kilometres from Bangkok to the house

Third package arrived ( Royal Mail ).

Usual 7 baht charge.

When I asked 'why only 7 baht ?' answer was paperwork !!!!!!!!!

• 1 year later...
On 06/08/2015 at 2:59 PM, surangw said:

I wonder what happens to all the stuff people abandon at their warehouse rather than pay the extortion ?

They really hate it!! 

I did exactly that when UPS tried to charge over 100% charges over the price of some bike parts...

Basically I told them that they could keep it and a year on I still get letters off them which I take very great pleasure in ignoring, believe me it is worth the loss just to have the pleasure of knobbing them offf

Their corporate heads in the West are in complete denial about this and utterly ambivalent to the damage being done to brands and their image. It's weird, they actually "gaslight" you - lie to you to make you think you are crazy. I don't live in Thailand anymore, but no-way would I use any of those courier services. I take everything to my local post office. Let DHL, UPS and Fedex <removed>