Agoda, pending points?

ryanhull

Hey All,

I have been using agoda alot recently... well I have for years but in the last few months quite a few hotels through them,

I am wondering what 'pending points' are and when I will be able to use them, as far as I understand you can only use 12500 at a time... I am due a trip to Bangkok next week so was hoping to get my reward for then but not until my pending points become part of my Available Points, a friend told me I have to leave reviews to get the pending points but that seems a bit odd as everyone would just bombard them with silly reviews?

post-192208-0-85990200-1438874316_thumb.

Thanks

I thought they had done away with the bonus points for writing a review? Not sure on that, it's been awhile since using them.

Let us know

Possibly. I haven't penned a review in years since I usually ended up staying at the same hotels.

Shot, on 07 Aug 2015 - 00:07, said:snapback.png

I thought they had done away with the bonus points for writing a review? Not sure on that, it's been awhile since using them.

Let us know

Possibly. I haven't penned a review in years since I usually ended up staying at the same hotels.

Hello, I can confirm that is true, I left a good review on a previous hotel going into detail... I did not get any more points for this, cheers

Some years ago you earned points writing a review about a hotel you actually booked via agoda. But now it seems they have abolished it and you can only earn points on bookings. Minimum of 12,500 points needed to cash in on a next booking. All information is available on their website.

Some years ago you earned points writing a review about a hotel you actually booked via agoda. But now it seems they have abolished it and you can only earn points on bookings. Minimum of 12,500 points needed to cash in on a next booking. All information is available on their website.

Yup, I do recall a few years back leaving copy and paste reviews purely to get the 500 points on many many bookings.... I guess many people did this that is why they stopped it as the reviews probably became quite strange,

Cheers

I can also confirm that points for a review is long gone. Shame, as I always wrote a detailed review.

I like reading reviews to get a general view and invariably the reviews hold true. But, the best rated hotel in my wife's hometown at £60 a night was the most pretentious establishment I've ever had the misfortune to patronise in LOS. Fortunately, on this occasion, I booked through booking.com and only lost my £50 deposit. We only lasted one night, made our excuses in the morning and was out of there. That was two years ago and it's still the best rated on all the major booking sites. Uncanny, I tell thee.

I can also confirm that points for a review is long gone. Shame, as I always wrote a detailed review.

I like reading reviews to get a general view and invariably the reviews hold true. But, the best rated hotel in my wife's hometown at £60 a night was the most pretentious establishment I've ever had the misfortune to patronise in LOS. Fortunately, on this occasion, I booked through booking.com and only lost my £50 deposit. We only lasted one night, made our excuses in the morning and was out of there. That was two years ago and it's still the best rated on all the major booking sites. Uncanny, I tell thee.

I did that last week mate,... we booked a night at 'BOSS' hotel in bangkok, it was a last minute booking as we was in a rush to find somewhere... I only paid 1000 bhat but on the pictures and reviews it looked fine, we got there and it was so run down and horrible, we immediately left, when we checked out the lady asked me why we was leaving, I just said 'sorry I do not like it'. She looked a bit annoyed, but I did not really care as I had my 6 month old son with me and did not want him staying in a filthy room... I had paid via agoda upfront so lost that money, but to be honest I wasnt that bothered and just wanted out.

we have stayed at so many hotels in Bangkok some at the 1000bhat mark which have been really nice, in fact one we stayed at https://www.agoda.com/ekkamai-10-suites/hotel/bangkok-th.html was really really nice, I would class it 4 star, and that was 940 bhat a night, I have stayed at 5000 bhat a night hotels and that was nicer... so what I am saying here is I agree price is no indication on anything, also see my previous post here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/846444-the-nicest-hotel-i-have-ever-stayed-in-the-sea-cret-garden-hua-hin/

With agoda what I do is use it for prices... then I open up trip advisor and see the real reviews/photos... usually that works out quite well, you'll always get the odd reviewer who complains the egg on the breakfast wasnt quite to there liking, but you try to see past these and look at the reviews to give a good indication. I am a bit fussy with hotels, in fact alot of my mates take the p*ss out of me for being so fussy... then again, all I usually want is clean/safe room with a good internet connection. My mates will stay at some sh*t holes for the sake of saving a few hundred bhat.. I can never get my head around that, plus as I said above you can get alot for your money in Thailand when it comes for hotels.

Cheers

I always write reviews for the places I stay they are very helpful to the next person looking at booking . many picture are from years ago when hotel was new or remodeled and the place could have turned into a dump. You should be able the tell 30 days after you check out that the points are available to use.

Keep a close eye on your point, had to call them and make the lady add them up to admit she was wrong. The GF likes to call the hotel to make sure we are getting the best rate. Agoda does a good job so far. Sometimes just 100 baht.

Mr OP, hope you realise you have been paying 17% more than the first price you were quoted.

Just a sneaky way of hoping you have not noticed the add on taxes for your room.

Yes I do know the prices are exclusive of tax, however the final price at the checkout includes tax... agoda is still cheaper than anywhere else including direct with hotels... even with the tax being added at the end. The same happens with most airline tickets you buy etc, not that sneaky really although agreed I would prefer it if they listed the final price on the search page.

Cheers