Beijing irked by Thailand's decision on Falun Gong

webfact

THAI-CHINESE RELATIONS
Beijing irked by Thailand's decision on Falun Gong

THE NATION

Group 'is an evil cult that disturbesocal order,' says embassy official

BANGKOK: -- CHINA strongly opposes Thailand's decision to allow registration of a Falun Gong association and has already protested to the Thai government, a Chinese Embassy official said yesterday.

"Falun Gong is an evil cult that disturbs social order and basic human rights in China and elsewhere," the official said on condition of anonymity.

Falun Gong is outlawed and its teachings are considered a social threat in China, the embassy official said.

"In many cases, they are also against Buddhism," he said.

Beijing and the Chinese Embassy here have communicated with the Thai government about its concern over the ruling by the Supreme Administrative Court that they say in effect may legalise the Falun Gong cult in Thailand, the Chinese official said.

The Supreme Administrative Court has allowed registration of a Falun Gong association in Thailand, reversing a ruling by the lower administrative court that rejected a petition by three practitioners of the Chinese spiritual cult that is outlawed in China.

The court, in its verdict issued on June 2, said the petitioners have the legal right to set up the Falun Gong Study Association in Thailand.

The three petitioners - Paitoon Suriyawongpaisan, Panida Wayumhasuwan and Chatchalai Sutthakanat - complained to the Administrative Court after their application to register the non-profit association was rejected in 2005 by the Bangkok Metropolitan's association registrar, which cited possible souring of ties with China.

Before going to court, the petitioners appealed to the interior minister, who reaffirmed the decision by the registrar.

The authorities were concerned that the Chinese authorities might interpret registration of the association as Thailand's recognition of it.

In 2006, the Administrative Court rejected the complaint filed by the three petitioners against the Bangkok registrar and interior minister, prompting them to appeal to the Supreme Administrative Court.

The court said the concern that registration of the foundation might affect Thai-Chinese ties was premature, as the acts of concern were not committed by those involved with the Thai foundation.

The court said the registrar could revoke the registration of the foundation in the future if it was found to have broken the law or regulations.

In its ruling obtained by The Nation on Wednesday night, the Supreme Administrative Court also cited the Chinese constitution, which guarantees the religious freedom and right of assembly of its citizens.

The court overturned the lower court's ruling and ordered the revocation of the Bangkok registrar's decision not to register the foundation and the interior minister's decision to dismiss the petitioners' appeal.

Falun Gong is also known as Falun Dafa, which means "dharma wheel practice". There are an estimated tens of millions of Falun Gong practitioners in China and hundreds of thousands in more than 70 countries outside China.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Beijing-irked-by-Thailands-decision-on-Falun-Gong-30266123.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-08-07

We should be patient. Yes, the court should have noticed the bold-faced circled "Submit to ******* embassy for approval" on the new checklist. But everyone isn't familiar with the recently updated operating procedures yet. Give them time, they'll work it out.

Edited by Hayduke

A predicted response from this mob of spiffs, what Thailand needs to do is tell China it is our country , we do what we want, not what others may want, unless you nip this kind of behaviour in the bud right from the beginning , China will run right over the top of Thailand and a marriage counsellor wont help either.coffee1.gif

Prayut will probably either appeal the court's decision to the Supreme Court or invoke Article 44 to protect China’s Thailand's national security.

The Communist Chinese government also see the Christian and Muslim faiths as internal security threats. Maybe Prayut should also consider a ban on Christian and Muslim faiths in Thailand as well.

ha ha ha, the most dangerous group in the world people. watch as they stand and meditate. you can see how they manipulate the world through their evil meditation practise. the master is a little known killer meditator, able to meditate for hours at a time. on being asked about it big hat wondered if they might be considered a danger since they don't follow the 10 laws of big hatness, " they failed to even wai me" the big hat was quoted as saying

A predicted response from this mob of spiffs, what Thailand needs to do is tell China it is our country , we do what we want, not what others may want, unless you nip this kind of behaviour in the bud right from the beginning , China will run right over the top of Thailand and a marriage counsellor wont help either.coffee1.gif

clap2.gifcheesy.giflaugh.png

ha ha ha, the most dangerous group in the world people. watch as they stand and meditate. you can see how they manipulate the world through their evil meditation practise. the master is a little known killer meditator, able to meditate for hours at a time. on being asked about it big hat wondered if they might be considered a danger since they don't follow the 10 laws of big hatness, " they failed to even wai me" the big hat was quoted as saying

"Big Hatness"

biggrin.png Love it... Please God let this catch on to describe pooyays.

Just yesterday Foreign Minister General Tanasak said that if he was a lady he would be attracted to his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi. Tanasak needs to make a really good effort in bed to make the Chinese happy.

I could imagine that the previous ban was due to Chinese pressure, but as history of other countries is not strong within this country, they apparently forgot about this issue.

That being said, it is very good they are now recognized as legal, as I believe that a spiritual practice that promotes acting truthfully, doing good deeds, and conducting yourself with patience and forbearance should have a place in any society.

clap2.gifcheesy.giflaugh.png

Thailand has a habit of touching toes to avoid invasion, the never colonised status though freely entered with little cause for diplomacy as long as its by the hour. yes we know what happened during wwII, then the whole bit after, its not quite the same way the Swiss do it,

These would be the same organisation who had members that beat a woman to death in mcdonalds in china with s stick. Apparently they didnt like the fact that she wouldnt give them her phone number. Check it out on youtube

this is blatent nonsense, are you Thai

I think Falun Gong should appeal to Thais, after all it has artistic and ancient symbols they all respect attachicon.gif225px-Falun_Gong_Logo.svg.png

ratcatcher, normally I agree with most things you say on here, but have to disagree with you on this one. The Swastika being used by Falun Gong is a reverse of the German Swastika, and predates the Nazi party, and Germans for that matter, by a few thousand years.....

It has been used as a decorative element in various cultures since at least the Neolithic, and is found on a man's tunic depicted in a Roman mosaic at the Villa Romana del Casale in Sicily. It is known most widely as an important symbol long used in Indian religions, denoting "auspiciousness."

It continues to be commonly used as a religious symbol in Hinduism and Buddhism.[3]

The name comes from the Sanskrit word svastika (Devanagari: स्वस्तिक) "lucky or auspicious object"

So, despite your obvious attempts to connect it to Nazism, there really is no connection. Come on, I give you credit for being smarter than that.

The love of the Thai ambassador and the Chinese ambassador is like many other love affairs. China has the power and they know it. Trust China and you will always be one the bottom when making love! Thai Ambassador said Chinese Ambassador so nice that if he was a women he would marry him. Mr. Thai Ambassador you showed China your non professional weakness and now China will treat Thailand like a nation a scared of China!

I think Falun Gong should appeal to Thais, after all it has artistic and ancient symbols they all respect attachicon.gif225px-Falun_Gong_Logo.svg.png

ratcatcher, normally I agree with most things you say on here, but have to disagree with you on this one. The Swastika being used by Falun Gong is a reverse of the German Swastika, and predates the Nazi party, and Germans for that matter, by a few thousand years.....

It has been used as a decorative element in various cultures since at least the Neolithic, and is found on a man's tunic depicted in a Roman mosaic at the Villa Romana del Casale in Sicily. It is known most widely as an important symbol long used in Indian religions, denoting "auspiciousness."

It continues to be commonly used as a religious symbol in Hinduism and Buddhism.[3]

The name comes from the Sanskrit word svastika (Devanagari: स्वस्तिक) "lucky or auspicious object"

So, despite your obvious attempts to connect it to Nazism, there really is no connection. Come on, I give you credit for being smarter than that.

Well, thank you for that, however, I am well aware of the ancient & religious connection of the Gamadion, Manji and all it's variations. I made no genuine attempt to bring Nazism into it.

Most Thais are also aware of its Hindu connections, while the more uninformed are familiar with the 'fashionable' version.

In fact as I once stated in a post a while back,during the Chiang Mai Nazi fad period and KFC (Hitler) fiasco. The word,svastika, as you wrote, comes from the Sanskrit and is surprisingly close to the Thai greeting Sawasdi ka/khrap.

Anyway, I apologize if my comments inferred otherwise. And please continue to give me credit for being smarter than that, as indeed, you are. wai.gif

I think people should accept that Falun Gong is basically a red herring, it's almost a non-issue.

Falun Gong exists in Hong Kong, and they have about 1,000 people who practice the stuff. In Hong Kong, they have almost total freedom to do their stuff. They are also allowed to do their demonstrations, although they are not actually allowed to have placards that condemn Beijing during the demonstrations.

The media in Europe and America sometimes tries to make it look like that Falun Gong is some kind of mass movement or big religion, it's not. If people knew how small it actually is, well, people would call it a cult.

Yes, Beijing should just ignore Falun Gong. Falun Gong are not a threat. Beijing trying to tell Thailand to restrict or ban Falun Gong in Thailand is a bit silly. Falun Gong, after all, hardly exists in Thailand. And Beijing making this anti-Falun Gong comment is simply giving Falun Gong the publicity that it probably loves.

Is true.