How long must I be outside of Thailand to qualify for my next 30 day visa exempt stamp on arrival?

I arrived in Thailand and got the usual 30 day stamp in my passport on arrival. I had originally intended to stay for 28 days as I usually do. However, I am now required to cut my holiday short, as my company wants me to attend a course in Singapore. The course is for just under 3 weeks. My company has agreed to allow me to return to Thailand to use up the holiday I will miss. So, after I finish the course, I intend to return to Thailand for about 10 days. Is the time spent in Singapore enough for Thai immigration to grant me another 30 day stamp on arrival, or am I going to have to apply for a tourist visa whilst in Singapore?

Absolutely not a problem, you can come back to thailand and get the 30 days visa exemption stamp. At the check i in singapore they might ask you an onward ticket or the return ticket to your homecountry...

you will have no problem, immigration is looking for people with repeated, month after month stamps showing they are abusing the system. A border run, or in your case , the 3 weeks will not raise any flags at arrival.

The system does flag you on your 6th entry within one year now causing them to have a supervisor look over your history and question you. I come and go in Thailand, like you always stay just under 30 days, and usually spend between 1 and 3 months in America before returning. On a weekend trip to Cambodia, coming back in was my sixth entry and I was pulled aside by a supervisor who had to go through all my details. I had all the right answers and everything was in order so it ultimately was not a problem, but she said the flagging on the sixth entry was new that month (April). Hopefully a moot point with the new Visa soon.

• Like 1

The system does flag you on your 6th entry within one year now causing them to have a supervisor look over your history and question you. I come and go in Thailand, like you always stay just under 30 days, and usually spend between 1 and 3 months in America before returning. On a weekend trip to Cambodia, coming back in was my sixth entry and I was pulled aside by a supervisor who had to go through all my details. I had all the right answers and everything was in order so it ultimately was not a problem, but she said the flagging on the sixth entry was new that month (April). Hopefully a moot point with the new Visa soon.

Really appreciate when people cite experience/s to back up claims, rather than just throwing any old rumor up on TV. Thank you kindly, Jeff BKK! wai2.gif

• Like 1