Divorce is expensive in the West

...but every farang that gets married ends up paying a lot more in Thailand. Hypocrisy or something else? I don't understand some posts here to be honest. Most pay for family, build a house that doesn't even belong to them and try to justify this by trashing western women.

There is just a big confusion on my part.

Not sure about everybody else .....But for me ....Built a resort for my wife ($150,000) so have a self paying and supporting investment in Thailand that cost me a LOT less than my divorce in the west...

So for me ...if divorce was in the cards ....Its just a plane ride away!

As for trashing western women.....why....well its so easy ....They age terrible (45 year old western women look 60 vs Thai woman who mostly look 10-15 years younger) .....Go to the mall in the west and see out of 100 women how many have a "huge" ass...probably 90 (guess thats OK if you're into big rear ends) vs Thailand where when I go to the mall I see MOSTLY sharply dressed young Thai women....And the added bonus in Thailand is when I smile at this young nubile lovelies ...they smile back ....NOT like the west where they flip you off and call you a "dirty old man"

Probably not qualified to reply to this as i appear to be part of the 'minority' here.

Don't pay the family, haven't built a house and don't normally trash western women (or men for that matter).

Where are you getting the majority/minority split from?

Probably not qualified to reply to this as i appear to be part of the 'minority' here.

Don't pay the family, haven't built a house and don't normally trash western women (or men for that matter).

Where are you getting the majority/minority split from?

On here you maybe a minority..

In real life not so.

Not sure about everybody else .....But for me ....Built a resort for my wife ($150,000) so have a self paying and supporting investment in Thailand that cost me a LOT less than my divorce in the west...

As for trashing western women.....why....well its so easy ....They age terrible (45 year old western women look 60 vs Thai woman who mostly look 10-15 years younger) .....Go to the mall in the west and see out of 100 women how many have a "huge" ass...probably 90 (guess thats OK if you're into big rear ends) vs Thailand where when I go to the mall I see MOSTLY sharply dressed young Thai women....And the added bonus in Thailand is when I smile at this young nubile lovelies ...they smile back ....NOT like the west where they flip you off and call you a "dirty old man"

Why trash western women? Western guys over 32 aren't exactly a catch either. Just because your currency is stronger doesn't mean you are not being taken advantage of. Do you smile at the people in the mall here? Certainly no westerns want to make an eye contact with me. The other day there were 2 disabled Germans on the wheelchair trying to cross street on the very busy road in bangkapi. No one was helping so my gf literally forced me to push their chairs. 10 minutes later not even a thanks from them. So.... What about western men?

Why trash western women? Western guys over 32 aren't exactly a catch either. Just because your currency is stronger doesn't mean you are not being taken advantage of. Do you smile at the people in the mall here? Certainly no westerns want to make an eye contact with me. The other day there were 2 disabled Germans on the wheelchair trying to cross street on the very busy road in bangkapi. No one was helping so my gf literally forced me to push their chairs. 10 minutes later not even a thanks from them. So.... What about western men?

Really can't comment about other western men in Thailand....OR more specifically, why they don't want to make eye contact with you (I believe there is a topic running on that very subject of expats not acknowledging other expats)....As for me....I have no problem smiling, nodding or generally ackowledging other expats.

AND as to your ...why trash western women?.....already answered ^^^^^

Edited by beachproperty

I dont want to marry/divorce western men so not a consideration to me.

Why trash western women? Western guys over 32 aren't exactly a catch either.

Happy to shag anyone under 40 years old and under 50Kg.

Their nationality, race and religion ...... I'm not really bothered.

As for paying, quite happy to share my pension with someone half my age and weight.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Here a guy risks little in marriage. Can buy a house here lose it in divorce it costs the same as losing the family car back home. As far as helping the extented family it just comes out of monthly costs no big expense.After divorce no payments to keep wife in lifestyle she grew accustom too.

Back home the wife takes the house worth 100's of thousands of dollars,your pension,your investments and demands monthly settlement as well.

I always say divorce here is about as expensive as new car.

Edited by lovelomsak

Why trash western women? Western guys over 32 aren't exactly a catch either.

Happy to shag anyone under 40 years old and under 50Kg.

Their nationality, race and religion ...... I'm not really bothered.

As for paying, quite happy to share my pension with someone half my age and weight.

You so lomantic. wub.png

smile.png

THEY ARE!

western laws (ok, can only talk about australia now) are designed to favour women and in particular women with children. primarily to protect the 'state' from having to shell out for financial support. it has created a belief of 'entitlement' in oz women, having given birth to three children somehow 'entitles' them to lay claim to 75% of a relationship's assets. and that is despite the fact that the dis - owned male still pays through his nose for child support.

i have been there twice, lost almost everything to wife #1 and approx. 55% to wife #2 (no common children).

the total amount paid equates to something that would buy me 20 or so riverfront units up here in isaan.

so, now i am about to commit again. but this time i know that my future losses (yes, it will happen again) will be limited.

another good reason to live here!

Western women don't need to be trashed by us, they do it perfectly well by themselves...

Stuffing their faces with cake is their best answer they can come up with to the age of problem of nobody wants anything to do with them past a certain age....

I feel sorry for them in some ways beliefly but usually I come back to my senses and fully realise that they brought this all on themselves....

so, now i am about to commit again. but this time i know that my future losses (yes, it will happen again) will be limited.

If you know for certain that you will have losses then why commit to a relationship? Why is it Farang's woman fault that you set yourself for a failure?

The only difference between farangland and Thailand is the lack of protection women have, but it seems to me that they do just fine extracting wealth from certain foreigners. Just because the exchange rate and a house in Isan is cheaper doesn't mean women here are better.

Western women don't need to be trashed by us, they do it perfectly well by themselves...

Stuffing their faces with cake is their best answer they can come up with to the age of problem of nobody wants anything to do with them past a certain age....

I feel sorry for them in some ways beliefly but usually I come back to my senses and fully realise that they brought this all on themselves....

and Western guys are stuffing their faces in beer here.

You really think Thai women have any respect for you?

Thai guys are fantastic cheaters, but they do know how to talk BS and suck up to girl's family. They sweet talk. Again, do you really think Thai women have any respect for you beside your wallet?

I take it that you are younger than 32....?

I'd relate my thoughts, experience & views on why older men are indeed a 'catch', but I doubt you'd believe it.smile.png

If you know for certain that you will have losses then why commit to a relationship? Why is it Farang's woman fault that you set yourself for a failure?

The only difference between farangland and Thailand is the lack of protection women have, but it seems to me that they do just fine extracting wealth from certain foreigners. Just because the exchange rate and a house in Isan is cheaper doesn't mean women here are better.

so far, i have not got divorced from a thai girl.have not married one, either!

and, yes, it is not her (farang woman's) fault at all.

it was just me being stupid and gullible, believing in the goodness of humans.

no, i never intended to set myself for failure (who would?)

i always thought that i was doing the best for the girls i was married to.

when you enter into your 2nd connection, having discussed all the short comings of #1, you would expect a more understanding, more accommodating attitude from your partner - mei?

"Western guys over 32 aren't exactly a catch either", what a truly bizarre think to suggest! Still some way to go before peak earnings plus permanent residency in the West by virtue of birthright, what exactly isn't a catch about those things for an impoverished Asian woman?

I'd relate my thoughts, experience & views on why older men are indeed a 'catch', but I doubt you'd believe it.smile.png

You are wrong. I am 41 and not scared of the fact that the best looks are behind me.

You are wrong. I am 41 and not scared of the fact that the best looks are behind me.

The best looks were probably behind you 1-2 decades ago if your a 41 yo farang woman , sorry to break it you but somebody had to.... :(