Lite Beer

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally think Prayuth's government are in a bit of a panic

all the signs of another credit crisis crash are there - retail has slumped/ property market is flat apart from upmarket, car sales have completely slumped

Never fear ff, tourists are pouring in with wallet loads of cash. TAT will be the saviour of the Kingdom. You watch.

I may have missed something, but which countries these days have a population of people with loads of cash?

post-9891-0-55263100-1439000508_thumb.pnrolleyes.gif

"Full confidence" Hmmmm.

BloombergFinance reports that foreign investors unloaded $744,000,000 in Thai stocks in July. In the time the head of the current administration took to talk to the people on the telly [4 x ½ hour] in July, Thailand lost $2 million.

US tells lies the same as the Thais.

In other breaking news "all humans have to defecate"

Not according to news in North Korea. Their fat little "man god" with the funny hair cut has "magic power" and never has to use the toilet. cheesy.gif

You notice from the size of his head that he never uses the toilet.

While I agree regrading 'Monsanto', is it really so important that the business world of the US should have the last say in the Thai economy? I am in the US and am a US citizen, I do not see that the US should dictate what other countries must do! It is their choice. Isn't that what 'freedom' is all about? It is the people of Thailand that ought to decide, not some other government!

It is so sickening to see and hear about so many 'other' countries trying to control other 'lessor' countries! My God, what has this world come to? Why can we not let each and every country live and govern as the persons within each country allows? If the people within a country do not like the way life is in their own country let them change it... That is what most of 'us' have done. It sure as isn't the job of the rest of the world to do it for them!

"Democracy will never die from Thailand because I am a democratic soldier but I stay in power because I want democracy to survive” - General Prayuth Chan-O-Cha

And I must ask, what is "Democracy?" It is just another name for communism! The 'people Rule'! ...

we might see 60 baht to £1 next year - interest rate rise in the UK will only strengthen sterling more. Any other big shocks within Thailand ... put it this way it makes me nervous to invest in any big project right now

keep your capital in Yuan til october or sterling long term

Most importantly don't by USD..

We are learning that in a 'Democracy' whatever 'the people' [the government] wishes to be, is what become law... That is because it is the 'people's elected representatives' who are the 'government' and are doing the work for 'the people' who make the laws of the land in a 'democracy.' The problem within that is the same old problem as old, the 'elected representatives' are self serving or serving those whom they owe favor to! This is playing out very clearly in the United States today and to a great disadvantage for the People of the US now. But, most of the people have become too comfortable with life as it is and don't want to 'rock the boat' for fear of loosing what they now have! It is 'Classic!'

the big guys from the USA are waiting for the Fed to raise interest rates. Then when there is blood on the streets and the Baht is 45-60 to the dollar they will invest.

there will be announcements of a renewal of mutual defense treaties between Thailand and USA.

and China will have a huge "border" in the south in the form of Thailand and the USA will again have a huge base of operations to <deleted> with the Communist Chinese.

much bigger than the island the Communists are building in the South China Sea.

But only after the current government is made to understand that the Federal Reserve Bank owns and controls Thailand.

as they do the rest of the world...

and just four months from now the global economic situation is going to be radically different.

In other breaking news "all humans have to defecate"

Not according to news in North Korea. Their fat little "man god" with the funny hair cut has "magic power" and never has to use the toilet. cheesy.gif

You notice from the size of his head that he never uses the toilet.

Judging by the expression on his face in the last photo I saw, he hasn't managed to expell anything for some time! :)

all the signs of another credit crisis crash are there - retail has slumped/ property market is flat apart from upmarket, car sales have completely slumped

The bad thing about crashes is that they are never apparent till your in the middle of one like a road accident. Mother nature could also be involved in pushing economics over the edge. Look out below.

"US investors have full confidence in Thailand: "

I think it would be more credible if the US Investors said that, rather than Prayuth, who is known to be a bit... odd. Ooh, it's nearly time for his Friday night homily.

Oh goody.

Like 3D do you get special glasses to watch the show. The color Rose comes to mind.

I was in a bar I occasionally frequent when it came on. Unfortunately the telly went on the blink. They managed to fix it just after his programme ended.

Sabotage they should have had a backup TV with earphones for the true believers. After his Friday night speech do you ever get a buzzing noise in your head? I have. I think it is called mantra manipulation.

I was in a bar I occasionally frequent when it came on. Unfortunately the telly went on the blink. They managed to fix it just after his programme ended.

Like the show that Bob Barker used to host do you get episodes where there is loud cheering and hand clapping. Then there were shows where you pressed a button and loud cheering and clapping broke out.

Never fear ff, tourists are pouring in with wallet loads of cash. TAT will be the saviour of the Kingdom. You watch.

I may have missed something, but which countries these days have a population of people with loads of cash?

Credit is King today. People just go to the bank and borrow your money on which the bank is paying you little or no interest. If the bank runs out the government prints more.

I remember they last time Prayut had a meeting with the US business council.

In November, 2014 the U.S. businessmen indicated an interest to invest in Thailand’s energy, basic infrastructure, information technology and medical tourism industries as stated here. Well this investment potential was according to the Junta govt so it should be viewed sceptically with comments maybe asking to see excerpts from these company's news conferences. Of course we never saw these excerpts, but a lot of time has passed since then and what have we witnessed?

Energy - Thailand will have more solar power capacity than all of Southeast Asia combined as record sums of money is poured into the sector attracting foreign investors including U.S.-based First Solar. Link Here.

Information Technology - The data center market in Thailand has received a boost with the infusion of 10.15 billion baht in the wake of the government’s digital economy policy to turn Thailand into a trade hub in ASEAN through the use of IT. The government’s renewed focus on IT is a welcome one. Link here.

Medical - Opportunity for new investment in high end medical device manufacturing in Thailand due to increased demand in the healthcare market. Link here.

Infrastructure - In March the government released the investment plan for 2015-22, which covers 59 projects valued at $60 billion. Expectations of this government-funded build-out has fuelled investor interest, making this a red-hot sector. Link here.

And in summary;

Thailand ended 2014 with a record high number of investment applications, totaling $31 billion, from foreign investors. Of the total number of applications, 74 projects were submitted by companies, including Ford Motor Co., General Motors and Seagate Technology. Link here.

Well that time has passed and it turns out Prayut was correct!!

Why was he correct? Because the Thailand Board of Investment had set investment policies that enhanced national competitiveness by encouraging R&D, innovation, value creation in the agricultural, industrial and services sectors, SMEs, fair competition and inclusive growth.

​BUT, but, but, we never saw the excerpts from the companies news conferences so that overrides your facts!!!

FACTS - The PTP's greatest enemy.

Edited by djjamie

I remember they last time Prayut had a meeting with the US business council.

In November, 2014 the U.S. businessmen indicated an interest to invest in Thailand’s energy, basic infrastructure, information technology and medical tourism industries as stated here. Well this investment potential was according to the Junta govt so it should be viewed sceptically with comments maybe asking to see excerpts from these company's news conferences. Of course we never saw these excerpts, but a lot of time has passed since then and what have we witnessed?

Energy - Thailand will have more solar power capacity than all of Southeast Asia combined as record sums of money is poured into the sector attracting foreign investors including U.S.-based First Solar. Link Here.

Information Technology - The data center market in Thailand has received a boost with the infusion of 10.15 billion baht in the wake of the government’s digital economy policy to turn Thailand into a trade hub in ASEAN through the use of IT. The government’s renewed focus on IT is a welcome one. Link here.

Medical - Opportunity for new investment in high end medical device manufacturing in Thailand due to increased demand in the healthcare market. Link here.

Infrastructure - In March the government released the investment plan for 2015-22, which covers 59 projects valued at $60 billion. Expectations of this government-funded build-out has fuelled investor interest, making this a red-hot sector. Link here.

And in summary;

Thailand ended 2014 with a record high number of investment applications, totaling $31 billion, from foreign investors. Of the total number of applications, 74 projects were submitted by companies, including Ford Motor Co., General Motors and Seagate Technology. Link here.

Well that time has passed and it turns out Prayut was correct!!

Why was he correct? Because the Thailand Board of Investment had set investment policies that enhanced national competitiveness by encouraging R&D, innovation, value creation in the agricultural, industrial and services sectors, SMEs, fair competition and inclusive growth.

​BUT, but, but, we never saw the excerpts from the companies news conferences so that overrides your facts!!!

FACTS - The PTP's greatest enemy.

And yet - the Thai economy is still tanking, can't imagine why with all the good news you kindly provided.

Ought to be leading ASEAN rather than bringing up the rear.

He met with multi-national corporations. Not with the government. These companies have substantial investments all over the world.

no my friend, they own the world,