Woman, 30, dies after motorbike slams into parked pickup truck

Lite Beer

Woman, 30, dies after motorbike slams into parked pickup truck
Eakkapop Thongtub

1439003173_1-org.jpg

Rescue workers administered CPR to Ms Rattana at the scene. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A 30-year-old woman has died of severe head injuries after her motorbike slammed into the back of a parked pickup truck in Phuket Town.

Lt Col Watcharapong Praipan of the Phuket City Police was called to the scene, on Surin Rd Soi 2 on the east side of Phuket Town, at 2:45am on Thursday (August 6).

Kusoldharm Foundation rescue workers were soon at the scene and rendered cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) to the victim, Rattana Udonna 30, before speeding her to the nearby Phuket Provincial Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Police said Ms Rattana was driving without a helmet.

“She must have been travelling at high speed and did not see the parked pickup truck or could not stop in time,” said Col Watcharapong. “Her head hit the back of the pickup truck, then she landed on the road.”

No charges have been filed and police have contacted the pickup truck owner to inform him of the incident, Col Watcharapong said

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/woman-30-dies-after-motorbike-slams-into-parked-pickup-truck-53548.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-08-08

Traveling at a "high rate of speed" + No helmet = her bad.

Pickup parked on the street, probably in motorbike lane = truck owner's bad.

As I mentioned previously in another post, trucks parked on the side of the road, usually in the motorbike lanes, with no reflector signs, or anything else of warning, is the #1 reason I stopped riding at night on my CBR in my once-a-month trips around the north and north east.

Traveling at night without eye protection. Eyes watering and unable to see the truck. OOOOOPS !!!1

I no longer feel sorry for these stupid people. I watch a motorbike going the wrong way in a parking lot run smack into the middle of the front end of a car. Did the genius on the motrbike think the car was going to move? They twist the throttle and go hoping Buddha will get them there.

As I mentioned previously in another post, trucks parked on the side of the road, usually in the motorbike lanes, with no reflector signs, or anything else of warning, is the #1 reason I stopped riding at night on my CBR in my once-a-month trips around the north and north east.

Bike lane? In Thailand, isn't that the space between the external walls of the buildings on either side of the road?

Unless this lane you are referring to has indications that it is a motorcycle-only lane, it is in fact just the shoulder of road. It should not be used for driving. Of course, a fool will do what they want, and there a lots of fools that will never read my advice.