Help with wording a lease pls

Hello everyone..

We are getting a lease from my daughter in law..

I am. It sure what needs to go on a lease but as best as it can be done I want everything g in our favour ..

She is going to write up for us but I will get it checked for translation so we are not stiched up ..

I want the lease so we can sell at any time .. But do we need her to sell the house .. We have not got the yellow book she just gave us the blue book ..

We can rent it out at any time without asking for permission. ..

If one of us dies the lease automatically goes to the husband or wife ..

But if we are not there and a buyer comes along .. Not sure on that bit as I don't trust her at all .. I want us to have control .. She has like someone else I read some weeks ago not helped to sell it .. Done very little in a village good price in line with others ..

Any help for wording wud be so much appreciated .. Even if it don't sell they will have to wait 30 years to get it ..

Thank you

Sharon

You should consider employing a lawyer who is completely unknown to your daughter-in-law or to anyone else within 100km of where you live.

Better still, walk away and do something entirely on your own that doesn't involve anyone else.

Trust no one.

Hi Sharon.

PM me. I have an editable dual language lease agreement drawn up by my lawyer. Be happy to pass it on and save you some money. It is comprehensive, so you can just edit out any parts that do not apply to your situation (if need be).

The Doc

Will do the doc ..

Another question ...

i hate to think morbid .. What if anything happens to her before a lease is done.. Death as there are so many road accidents for example ... What could happen if the lease was not done..

I do not know if she has done any will .. But she has two children our grandchildren .. Just thinking out loud ..

There should be a succession clause in the lease that states that if the lessor dies or becomes incapacitated, the succeeding lessor must honor the terms of the lease agreement. One small note: if the lease is for 3 or more years, it should be registered at the local land office. Registration guarantees your rights as lessee in case a dispute arises. I.e. you can take the lessor to court if required and a judge will hear your case. An unregistered lease may not be considered legally binding.