90 Day Reporting Date Superceded by Travel in and out of Thailand

The date on the 90 day reporting slip in my passport is 15th August.

I have just returned from a trip abroad (using a re-entry permit) and my re-entry date was 5th August.

My understanding is that my reporting requirement is now pushed back to be 90 days from my re-entry date which (starting from the day of re-entry itself) would be 2nd November. Yes?

Assuming this to be correct, I do not intend to remove the slip stapled into the passport albeit that it is now effectively redundant. I presume the passport Immigration stamp of 5th August will be all that is needed to comply with the next 90 day report when I visit Immigration in November. Please confirm.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Your report will due 90 days from the date you enter the country. When you do the report immigration will go by your entry stamp to determine if you are late for your report and do the new report date. You can take out the the receipt for your last report date if you want to but keep it in case they want proof you did your previous report when it was due.

You are meant to report if you are in the country for 90 uninterrupted days, thus the name.

The need to report is not "superceded" [sic] nor is it pushed back. The need only exists if you are in the country 90 consecutive and uninterrupted days.

I have a similar situation, so thanks for the advice. However, I have one odd circumstance. The was a huge line up when Wife and I returned to the International airport. There was confusion where my wife went through one station, with both our departure cards and I went through another station. My wife got her card stamped (I imagine mine got chucked. At my station, the Immigration officer stamped my passport. When I realized that I would not have a departure card in my passport, I asked 'what to do'. Answer was a friendly, never mind. I repeated in Thai and got the same answer in Thai, Mai pen rai. I really wanted to get the problem sorted, since it was really my fault. The Officer appeared to be was quite senior ( 3 bars ? ) so I figured I would be okay. My provincial office has a problem officer - one who tries to find problems, so he can 'help' .

Am I worrying unnecessarily?

Immigration at the airports seem to feel that the arrival/departure card is less important than they did in the past. .

It will be different at a local office who will want to see it. Most will just give you a new card while others will make a big deal of it.

Thanks. Any idea where I can get a "fresh" Departure/Arrival card, without going to Bangkok (home is Surathani) .? Grasping at straws. My forecast, based on past from, is officer will ignore arrival date and use the 90 day Notice, which will cost me a fortune. After 18 years, still trying to look at the bright side of life!

You can go to the Surat Thani immigration office to get the card.

Take the receipt out of your passport and only show it if asked. Your TM47 form will have your arrival date on it. The immigration officer will look at the date you left the country and your entry date stamp.

• Like 1

rolleyes.gif As a foreigner you are only required to do 90 day reports if you stay more than 90 days in country in a row.

In your case you left Thailand before your reporting date was due and returned on 5 August. Since you broke that 90 day period by leaving Thailand before your reporting date was due, y0ur new reporting date reset itself 90 days from your return to Thailand

So your new reporting date is 90 days starting from your return day 5 August. That day of your return will be day one of your next 90 day reporting period, in other words your 90 day reporting "clock" restarts itself starting on the day you returned to Thailand.

• Like 1

My situation mirrors this ,though without any departure card issues,except that my one and only previous 90 day report was done on line.has anyone had experience of or issues with doing this on line after the clock has effectively been reset? I was contemplating just doing it again on line but just using the original date as it effectively is no hassle. However I wouldn't want to mess up what may now be in the system from my recent trip.If I just wait the 90 days from my re entry on 8th August and do an online report early November will the system recognise that I have been out of the country and accept that I'm correctly doing my 90 day report based on that.i know immigration can be inconsistent which is why I'm asking for any relevant experience of other members

My situation mirrors this ,though without any departure card issues,except that my one and only previous 90 day report was done on line.has anyone had experience of or issues with doing this on line after the clock has effectively been reset? I was contemplating just doing it again on line but just using the original date as it effectively is no hassle. However I wouldn't want to mess up what may now be in the system from my recent trip.If I just wait the 90 days from my re entry on 8th August and do an online report early November will the system recognise that I have been out of the country and accept that I'm correctly doing my 90 day report based on that.i know immigration can be inconsistent which is why I'm asking for any relevant experience of other members

You should do the online report 90 days from the date you entered the country.

When your local office gets the application for approval that will see you new entry date compared to their records and do the approval.

I agree with the members responses but I believe if you are here long term and move to another address them this should be reported asap and not in the next occassion you do a 90 day check. Or perhaps I miss interpreted this wrongly when it appeared on Thai Visa some months ago ?

I will take the following quote ( plus the arrival stamp in my passport) to Immigration and see what happens.

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=90days

The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.

If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected. If a foreigner who did not make the notification of staying over 90 days is arrested, he will be fined 4,000.- Baht.

******If a foreigner leaves the country and re-enters, the day count starts at 1 in every case.****

• 11 months later...

Based on the information from last year above, may I re-confirm, that this 90 days overseas travel issue is still the case nowadays?

Example:

My next 90 day report deadline was supposed to be 17th June,........ however, I traveled from 26th to 29th May overseas to Japan BEFORE my ACTUAL deadline. So does it mean the 90 days will reset EXACTLY on the 29th May, the day, that I returned?

Thanks in advance, fellas.

Based on the information from last year above, may I re-confirm, that this 90 days overseas travel issue is still the case nowadays?

Example:

My next 90 day report deadline was supposed to be 17th June,........ however, I traveled from 26th to 29th May overseas to Japan BEFORE my ACTUAL deadline. So does it mean the 90 days will reset EXACTLY on the 29th May, the day, that I returned?

Thanks in advance, fellas.

Nothing has changed for doing reports of staying longer than 90 days. You do not need to do the report if you leave on or before the 90th day and your next report will be due 90 days from the date you enter the country.