Chonburi City - Advice and opinions wanted

nuslodados

Chonburi City - Advice and opinions wanted

I have been a Pattaya expat many years and can speak Thai fluently. I have completely integrated. I live in an all Thai apartment in Pattaya. I enjoy buying my food at the market. All my friends are Thai. While I have and still enjoy aspects of Pattaya, I cannot comfortably enjoy my biggest passion, cycling. I find Thai men here to be extremely aggressive and reckless. By the time I reach my destination, I am too wound up from all the near collisions.

The beach road path is no longer enjoyable for cycling as there are pipes in 3 areas and hordes of Asian tourists that no little about spatial awareness.

I have only been to Chonburi City twice briefly but I noticed the city is much more cycling friendly with well defined and respected cycle paths.

Any and all feedback, tips, and opinions about Chon. city are welcome.
My only desires are inexpensive living, meeting young women, and cycling.

Thank you.

I'm surprised that anyone would want to cycle in a Thai city as they all seem to have a lot of traffic. How about living near or on a Rayong beach where you have a couple of very long and attractive roads that have almost no traffic on weekdays. (Not so nice at weekends.) The nearby town only has a small farang presence.

Living in a totally Thai city like Chonburi would bore me terribly but of course that's up to the individual.

Bangsaen is very close to Chonburi City and has many good cycle rides. A lot of my mates cycle everyday and the only moans I have heard are about the street dogs. Very flat and outside the weekend very little traffic.

Been cycling all over Chonburi and Rayong province for years.I doubt that Chonburi city would be any better than Pattaya. Sri Racha might have a slight advantage.

Much better would be Ban Chang in Rayong.Along the beaches there is much less traffic than Pattaya, and within minutes you could be in the hills around Ban Chang with hardly any traffic and some decent scenery.It also has a bit of a more laid-back bar scene if you into that

I lived in Chonburi more than 9 months.

You can look at LPN condo. You can find a nice room for just 3500 baths a month. Farang standards. Brand new. There are so many rooms to rent that it's so cheap now...

For women, I don't know since I already 'had' one when I lived there...

I don't know for cycling too.

Good luck :)

Bangsaen is very close to Chonburi City and has many good cycle rides. A lot of my mates cycle everyday and the only moans I have heard are about the street dogs. Very flat and outside the weekend very little traffic.

+1 for Bangsaen. I've lived in Bangsaen and Chonburi City, for cycling Bangsaen is a million times more suitable. Monday to Friday the place is very quiet with very little traffic. Friday night - Sat - Sun it's hellish with the hoards of Bangkok Thais clogging up every street. But Monday to Friday is fine, especially up around Laem Than. I wouldn't try Chonburi, very busy, ugly city IMO.

Been cycling all over Chonburi and Rayong province for years.I doubt that Chonburi city would be any better than Pattaya. Sri Racha might have a slight advantage.

Much better would be Ban Chang in Rayong.Along the beaches there is much less traffic than Pattaya, and within minutes you could be in the hills around Ban Chang with hardly any traffic and some decent scenery.It also has a bit of a more laid-back bar scene if you into that

I thought the bars were very naughty, much better than Patts.

Edited by jesimps

I went to Chon. City today and the roads are wide and less trafficked than Pattaya's. Although this Sunday is the big Thai Cycle For Mom event, the only person I saw cycling all day was a falang!

Anyway, there's a nice park around the football stadium where I did not see another soul and many many well paved and wide roads. Then there's bike paths along the coast. No hills at any point. Central Plaza was my start point and I made it around town quite easily on foot and motorbike taxi.

Many pretty girls at the mall. A few falangs at Starbucks but nothing like Pattaya. I really wanted to take my bike to Chon. City in the storage under the bus but several Thais told me there is no reliable bus service to get there and back. I could take 3 baht buses with my bicycle.

However, there were mini vans every 10 minutes or less for 80 baht each way. 1.5 hours.

I cycle along Sukhumvit in Pattaya, further south of Jomtien like around Wat Yan and Silverlake is quite nice,

The new Jomtien 2nd road is good

Phra Tamnak hills is bearable,

But I wouldn't enjoy going down beach road in Pattaya, with the tourbus,

Sri Racha is pretty good for cycling, and in Chonburi the Bang Phra reservoir has cycle tracks around that is nice and secluded, no cars or motorbikes

what an unusual and amazing post!

that's my boy.....!.

free.rock, free sex and rock'n roll cycling.

QI...we STILL dont't know BUT he can speak thai....wwwwwwwwwwoua..i am impressed.blink.png .!

too much pataya staff before, i guess for such a kind of living desired.

drunk.gif

Edited by VINCENT2012

I always thought that if you enjoyed cycling, but not the dogs, would it not be a good idea to carry some dog biscuits to drop behind you?

Check out Hua Hin...you could add playing chess at the ex-pats club and picking up trash on the beach to your "desires" resume...

I thought the bars were very naughty, much better than Patts.

Yes and no. As the "format " of the Ban chang Bars is similar to Pattaya Soi 6, I probably had this comparison in mind:BC-bars fell way behind Soi6 years ago. Furthermore there was a crackdown in BC a couple of months ago, and since then most of the bars do not allow "upstairs tandem cycling" anymore.A few still do, and I assume that this curious discrepancy has something to do with the fact that some bars are more generous in their charitable contribution to the local constabulary than others.

1) How to transport my bike? I have no car.

How to get a bus round trip?

2) When I wrote this topic, I am in the vein of moving to Chon City after over 10 years in Pattaya. Weighing the benefits and wishing to hear others' experiences.

Thank you.

Been living in Klong Tam Ru, Muang Chonburi for 6 years, 2 many young girls working, Amata Nakorn Industrial Estate, Don Hua Law Subdistrict, Mueang Chon Buri District. has all the local bars

Thai style like Tamnan Con Issan and the Like(Pattaya), traffic is bad, early morning and 5 pm when Amata folk are going and coming to and from work, you be beating the girls off or have a long Q, if you can speak Thai.

Have Disco like bars on the beach side of the city, cycling Chonburi beach road is good no traffic day or night, right on the water, all the kids hang out at nite. Rent is very cheap, Mom rents rooms 500 Baht and up (Shack Style)(Monthly) mostly cambodian workers, Issan food and 40 degree

Traffic is bad in the morning and evening and yes Holidays. You travel towards the pier and nice place to ride. If you look at google maps you can ride from the city to Bang Saen then out to the zoo. I do this on my motorbike. nice walking park near the pier and also night market. As for the ladies they are everywhere. Maybe not your Pattaya breed but but bring along a rag to clean the dirt off your tounge from hitting the ground. Central Festival mall , 2 big C's , Forum Plaza . Look between 361 bypass and 315 and we have everything. Rent is 3600 to 15000 baht with a/c Hard to find people that speak English but you speak Thai so come on up and inspect the place. Bang Sean you will pay tourist prices.

I will also add that Thai food is everywhere and Forum Plaza has a KFC , Pizza company is out in front. Central Festival mall same as Pattaya. This is not a tourist area so come live like a Thai or stay the F,.,.,.,. ck home !!!! LOL

This city has it all from the modern coffee shop to the bitchy old bat that sells phat c eew to the lady boy that makes an excellent bowl of noodle with 2 big pieces of chicken. Papaya salad, watermelon, 15 baht smoothies.