Thai Disease Control and Veterinary Services: Stray dog population out of control

webfact

So bloody slow to face facts, back in 1994 I said that after a friends daughter was bitten on holiday. Mind you only Thailand suffered in the end as that family who know how to spend money like owners of a Bugatti Veyron never ever came to visit again. But I expect that there are those on here who may say they where not quality tourists.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slightly off-toics, yet germane to pestilence, fleas, disease vectors. But I doubt if kon Thai can grok the exosure they have...

...geometric progression

famadihana anyone?

okay, this site is banned in the Kingdom? Do a Google search of pneumonic plague and famadihana. If I was in muang now, I'd be stocking up on antibiiotics---before you cannot. By Christmastime, this scourge will be worlwide. It's CALLED MATH. Not a strong suit in Thailand.

There are also many stray humans begging on the streets, maybe we should send them to Papua New Guinea as dinner, as suggested by some members here we should send these homeless dogs to Vietnam.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

34 minutes ago, HOAX said:

There are also many stray humans begging on the streets, maybe we should send them to Papua New Guinea as dinner, as suggested by some members here we should send these homeless dogs to Vietnam.

Your post is complete offtopic.

Monks here have no families, no children, living surrounded by dozens of stray dogs, they have completely asocial  life style. And they teach people here how to live properly. That is nonsense. Have you ever see Islamic mullah or Christian Presbyter surrounded by dogs teaching people to feed dogs on the streets?

6 hours ago, HOAX said:

If they go around biting people then yes.

6 hours ago, TheBrain said:

Monks here have no families, no children, living surrounded by dozens of stray dogs, they have completely asocial  life style. And they teach people here how to live properly. That is nonsense. Have you ever see Islamic mullah or Christian Presbyter surrounded by dogs teaching people to feed dogs on the streets?

Worked in a few ME countries and in one of them there were no wild dogs around, unlike the others. I was informed they had contracted in a bunch of workers from xxxxxxxxx and after a few weeks all the dogs had gone.

True story or good story?

You decide.

30 minutes ago, dorchester said:

To add to the problem we have that guy,who I think is American,he feeds the dogs on pattaya and jomtien beach

It is illegal to feed dogs on beach, you can take his photo and go to police. I hope police do something about it.

A very easy problem to solve, just round up all the strays and any other dog wandering the streets unsupervised and exterminate them. See very easy solution-  no more dogs. But but but -- very soon from the PC dog lovers.

Edited by Artisi

With money and effort this problem can be dealt with. So many sick minds here that blame the dogs for this problem. Humans have created this mess and humans should solve it.  The billions that were stolen from the rice scam alone could have solved it. Blame the corrupt politicians who have become stinking rich filling their pockets with tax money the last decades. Don't blame the poor dogs and cats.  They are suffering.. 

3 hours ago, Nickymaster said:

With money and effort this problem can be dealt with. So many sick minds here that blame the dogs for this problem. Humans have created this mess and humans should solve it.  The billions that were stolen from the rice scam alone could have solved it. Blame the corrupt politicians who have become stinking rich filling their pockets with tax money the last decades. Don't blame the poor dogs and cats.  They are suffering.. 

No they are not suffering. Stray dogs near my home have lifes better than average thai person. They do not work, only roam streets, bark at pedestrians, sometimes bite, can put shit in private and city parks. They have a lot of fun with zero responsibility for their's actions. They are fed by crazy people 5-6 time per day and cannot even eat all food they get.

Can you go with your dog in city park and let it put shit there? You will be charged 1000 baht for letting you dog inside and 500baht for shit. 

Can you have a sex in public place or seat and put your shit near police station? These stray dogs can, they are above the law. If you throw stone and hit stray dog it is animal cruelty, you will be prosecuted. If stray dog bite you, it is ok.

Edited by TheBrain

In the UK you do not see stray dogs...

Last time we had issue with a dog in our road, was about 10 years ago, an old boy across the road just kicked dog out at night or when he went out, his dog was just roaming around all the time, worst was bin day when we had to put out the bin bags, the dog just used to rip them open, in the end the council dog warden put end to problem.

Now by law all dogs have to be micro chipped by 8 week of age else £500 quid  (20,000B) fine, when you get a dog micro chipped then obviously you are on record as the owner.

If one is the keeper of a dangerously out of control dog the penalties can be hard...

You can get an unlimited fine or be sent to prison for up to 6 months (or both) if your dog is dangerously out of control. You may not be allowed to own a dog in the future and your dog may be destroyed.

If you let your dog injure someone you can be sent to prison for up to 5 years or fined (or both). If you deliberately use your dog to injure someone you could be charged with ‘malicious wounding’.

If you allow your dog to kill someone you can be sent to prison for up to 14 years or get an unlimited fine (or both).

If you allow your dog to injure an assistance dog (eg a guide dog) you can be sent to prison for up to 3 years or fined (or both).

https://www.gov.uk/control-dog-public

Dogs can be controlled just needs the right laws and enforcement