Restaurant order cock-ups !

Gsxrnz

We've probably all had orders cocked up at Thai restaurants.

My best one up to today was ordering an English breakfast where you had a choice of jam or marmalade with the toast. I specified marmalade. The breakfast arrived with Jam, and then 2 minutes later an omelette arrived. The waitress heard "omelete" when I said "marmalade. Oh well, same same to their ear I guess.

But today I had an even better one. I went to breakfast with the missus and I wanted an English breakfast as I always do. But it comes standard with those crappy little Thai sausages, so I always order two extra German style sausages from another dish on the menu.

I should add that I've done this many times before at this place and they've got it right - I even order in Thai and get them to repeat back what I ordered to make sure they understand.

However, when the waiter came today I was on the phone so my missus ordered for me. I heard what she ordered and she got it right, but she failed to get the waiter to repeat the order back to her. So the cock-up can't be blamed on a language problem.

For two people sitting at a small table, this is what arrived. They must have thought I was one hungry Falang!!

The picture speaks for itself. coffee1.gif

post-124914-0-98646800-1439439087_thumb.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Numbered menus. .......When the waitress rights the number of the item down the odds go up you will get your order.

When the waitress writes it down and repeats your order. maybe.

When the waitress just listens.....Forget about it most of the time.

Booking cockup..

We'd turned up to Ton Krueng (New Location, Sukhumvit Soi 49 - Previously on the corner of Thonglor Soi 13 (Bangkok)).

Mothers Day Dinner, with my Wife and In Laws. While they had our booking, they'd not honoured it.

We had to find another restaurant nearby on a busy night.

The owner (or owners son) really didn't care. A group of Japanese people (who are usually unflappable) were also angry and complaining, as were a number of other families.

This restaurant used to be excellent... Now that its moved I won't bother going again.

Any ideas for something Similar to the old Ton Kruang ?

Edited by richard_smith237

I once ordered Twinings English Breakfast tea at one establishement in BKK and recieved Starbucks English breakfast tea, whats wrong with the natives are they stupid or something, i was going to call the tourist police to report this scam

I once ordered Twinings English Breakfast tea at one establishement in BKK and recieved Starbucks English breakfast tea, whats wrong with the natives are they stupid or something, i was going to call the tourist police to report this scam

I called room service on the house phone, ordered Twinings English Breakfast. Fifteen minutes later they sent up twins and a breakfast tray. These people are disgusting, can't they think of anything else? Well, I couldn't just send the girls off, could I? We celebrated the devaluation of the baht by me making a contribution to the sick buffalo fund. The way they described what that poor animal is going through had me in tears.

Soutie, you should have taken a photograph of the offending tea and posted it on here using the free wifi that you can enjoy at lower class coffee houses.

There again, I'm not sure if i would be able to stand the excitement of reading 2 posts in one day about being served the wrong foodstuff in Thailand.

Every time I order an iced coffee, not sweet, no sugar, (mai waan, mai sai nam taan), without fail, they add sweetened condensed milk, and sometimes they simply do not believe me and sneak a teaspoon of sugar in as well (Which proves they heard me as they would normally put much more sugar in).

I once ordered 'La fromage a la raze le fenetre ' and the waitress had no idea what I was talking about, strange woman.

Outrageous did you file a complaint with the tourist police and sue the restaurant, the natives need to learn, cant speak proper English, dont know what basic French dishes are, this would never happen in New York City, which is in America Edited by Soutpeel

I once ordered 'La fromage a la raze le fenetre ' and the waitress had no idea what I was talking about, strange woman.

Outrageous did you file a complaint with the tourist police and sue the restaurant, the natives need to learn, cant speak proper English, dont know what basic French dishes are, this would never happen in New York City, which is in America

Better still, I reported the case to Dave Walsh.

The ex-SAS mobile strike force are now on their way to the venue (via Jomtien) to crush this rebel waitress.

Resistance is futile but apologies are a side dish and cost 10 Baht extra.

Edited by tonytigerbkk

Outrageous did you file a complaint with the tourist police and sue the restaurant, the natives need to learn, cant speak proper English, dont know what basic French dishes are, this would never happen in New York City, which is in America

Last time in NYC the waitress didn't understand my Austrian-German-dialect. Of course I never traveled again to USA.

Cheese in a burned down window! blink.png

Must have been a spelling mistake, I was actually asking for the cheese that has the shaved window.

Still, I have to say that your talents are wasted on here.

At least if you were my waitress I would have gotten the cheese and the window (even if the window is slightly overcooked).

Must have been a spelling mistake, I was actually asking for the cheese that has the shaved window.

At least if you were my waitress I would have gotten the cheese and the window (even if the window is slightly overcooked).

Ah, in that case it's "a la rasee".

Ah, in that case it's "a la rasee".

Well it's no wonder that the waitress was confused, poor woman.

I hope you ate it all......and then refused to pay because it was not what you ordered!

This is a trick pulled by one farang I know, always cleans his plate and then does not want to pay!

I am surprised he survived the first one he tried. Things are not going to go well for this guy. But we know these guys never leave...until it's in a bag anyhow.

There was five of us at a restaurant in the US ready to order. The waitress didn't have a pad to write anything down. When I said something about it she said "it's OK I have a photographic memory" I laughed in her face.

By the way the US is near "merica"

Edited by GaryB1263