No Thais hurt in Tianjin fire

webfact

No Thais hurt in Tianjin fire

BANGKOK, 13 August 2015 (NNT) – The Ministry of Foreign Affairs reports the Royal Thai Embassy in Beijing is following updates on the fire at an industrial area in Tianjin City.

Director-general of the Information Department and Spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Sek Wannamethee said the Royal Thai Embassy in Bejing was closely monitoring the explosions at the Tianjin Binhai New Development Zone, which already killed17 people and left hundreds injured.

According to Mr. Sek, there has been no report of Thai nationals being injured in or affected by the disaster at the moment. However, the Royal Thai Embassy still needs to follow updates on the situation to ensure the safety of Thai people. Around 500 Thai students are studying in Tianjin.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-08-13 footer_n.gif

RELATED TOPIC:
Officials: At least 13 dead in China port explosions

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/847937-officials-at-least-13-dead-in-china-port-explosions/

It will be weeks before they get a body count (if they ever do), much less identify all the victims.

And the count will be in the hundreds, or the thousands judging by the photos of the devastation making it into the news.

Some of my friends in Tianjin say dozens of hospitals around the city are seeing a massive influx of emergency cases.

Edited by impulse

Can we also be aware and be thankful that no Polar Bears were injured in this horrific incident which claimed the lives of, as a minimum 16 people and injured, who knows how many. My thoughts are with them and their family and friends.

But no Thais where injured.

TAT also reported this will result in an increase in tourist numbers.

BOT said the economy will remain strong.

The headline in NYC was, "NO AMERICANS HURT IN BLAST!!!"

Hold on, Thai policeman giving me a ticket......"SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!" I yell....

Now off to the mall......Price for Farang 10 baht higher!!!!?!?!?!!??!?!!??!

I'm writing to the Embassy...