Tourist visa and passport with Thai address

Hi all,

I've been living in Thailand on tourist visa for the last 5 years. I declared officially my Thai address at my embassy. Since I'm going to renew my passport next month, the address on my new passport will be my address in Thailand.

Could it be a problem next time I apply for a tourist visa, since I'm not supposed to live permanently in Thailand on tourist visas?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Edited by lessismore

I'm French and my whole address is clearly mentioned in my passport.

I'm Italian and there's no address on mine. The proof that there's no such thing as an European Passport... along with other many issues

post-66997-0-89901500-1439454882_thumb.j

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Edited by ubonjoe
resized immage to fit page

Learnt something.

Different country, different use.

I declared officially my Thai address at my embassy

There are people (German, Swiss) declaring their place of stay in Thailand to their embassy even though they are here on a temporary stay and still have a legal address in their home country.

Their passport application is also just forwarded to the home country office by the embassy in this case.

Is this Thai address also registered with your home countrys citizen register (or whatever it is called)?

You don't have a legal address in your home country?

Edited by KhunBENQ

My French passport has my Thai full address (street, amphur,city..) on the main page and it has been like this for many years (and several passports). French are not requested any "proof" of address when they issue your passport (at least in the embassies), you just fill your address in the passport application and everytime you renew you passport, they only ask if you are still at the same address. I used to be on Tourist visa or visa exempt without any problem. I am now on non-o visa

• Like 1

"Could it be a problem next time I apply for a tourist visa, since I'm not supposed to live permanently in Thailand on tourist visas?"

​There is no law stopping you from living in Thailand permanently on a tourist visa. As long as you are not working here and and can financially support your stay you can stay as long as you want.

"Could it be a problem next time I apply for a tourist visa, since I'm not supposed to live permanently in Thailand on tourist visas?"

​There is no law stopping you from living in Thailand permanently on a tourist visa. As long as you are not working here and and can financially support your stay you can stay as long as you want.

Glad to know that.

I don't work and don't plan to work in Thailand and i can prove where my money comes from.

I'm just too young to apply for a retirement visa.

I wish Thailand immigration would make something for people like me, so we would'nt have to make visa runs.

But that's an old story, isn't it ?

Glad to know that.

I don't work and don't plan to work in Thailand and i can prove where my money comes from.

I wish Thailand immigration would make something for people like me, so we would'nt have to make visa runs.

Guess what?

You wish has been granted!

It's called Elite Visa! No more Visa runs for 5 years ! Yaaay !

Life is wonderful "isn't it"?

Glad to know that.

I feel your pain. I've lived here 19 years and have only just turned 50. Until I got married I was staying on tourist visas and non-imm's available at the time so I know the problem well!

The 5 year elite visa is an option albeit an expensive convenience at 500k upfront. There is apparently a 6 month tourist visa on the horizon that will, at least, reduce the border runs.

Glad to know that.

I feel your pain. I've lived here 19 years and have only just turned 50. Until I got married I was staying on tourist visas and non-imm's available at the time so I know the problem well!

The 5 year elite visa is an option albeit an expensive convenience at 500k upfront. There is apparently a 6 month tourist visa on the horizon that will, at least, reduce the border runs.

It won't reduce the border runs, one's still due to leave the country every 2 months, the good thing is that actually you can go out/in anytime you want during this 6 months.

It won't reduce the border runs, one's still due to leave the country every 2 months, the good thing is that actually you can go out/in anytime you want during this 6 months.

Thanks for the info. Oh well it doesn't look like it would help the OP.

I did some research about this new six months visa but i haven't seen anywhere that it will be required to leave the contry every two months.

Is there any official source about that ?

I did some research about this new six months visa but i haven't seen anywhere that it will be required to leave the contry every two months.

Is there any official source about that ?

There are only some educated guesses on this and there is an IF about the whole thing ...