what happened to the woman who killed the 3 bikers

mascarabertha

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The insurance company posted her bond. The families want 6 million each, but the insurance company has balked. http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/insurance-company-delays-payout-for-three-cyclists-killed-by-drunk-driver/

No where in that articles does it say the insurance company posted her bond.wink.png

so you can read; but you can't use Google? http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/arrest-warrant-issued-for-cyclist-murder-driver-insurance-pays-bail/

The insurance company posted her bond. The families want 6 million each, but the insurance company has balked. http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/insurance-company-delays-payout-for-three-cyclists-killed-by-drunk-driver/

No where in that articles does it say the insurance company posted her bond.wink.png

so you can read; but you can't use Google? http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/arrest-warrant-issued-for-cyclist-murder-driver-insurance-pays-bail/

Thats your job.tongue.png Thanks for the link.thumbsup.gif

The HiSo aspect is another thing that is often sensationalized here....Would her insurance company have postd bail, if her parents had 8500 USD in cash? She had a 1.3-1.5 liter Toyota, sub-compact, likely a payment book to go with it. Maybe she had to choose, car or apartment, and chose the car and a room in the parent's house (that is mortgaged). As much as many would like to say. "rich girl kills three while drunk and walks scot free," it really doesn't seem to be true, because she wasn't drunk, and she's not rich. Plenty of middle class people crash cars, too, and no telling how many expats have crashed their bikes on those short 20 minute drives outside of town, after a night on the piss.....all to live on 50 wah, with 100 barking dogs.

The HiSo aspect is another thing that is often sensationalized here....Would her insurance company have postd bail, if her parents had 8500 USD in cash? She had a 1.3-1.5 liter Toyota, sub-compact, likely a payment book to go with it. Maybe she had to choose, car or apartment, and chose the car and a room in the parent's house (that is mortgaged). As much as many would like to say. "rich girl kills three while drunk and walks scot free," it really doesn't seem to be true, because she wasn't drunk, and she's not rich. Plenty of middle class people crash cars, too, and no telling how many expats have crashed their bikes on those short 20 minute drives outside of town, after a night on the piss.....all to live on 50 wah, with 100 barking dogs.

She wasn't drunk?

June 30, 2015

"CityNews – A meeting was held on June 29, between the families of three deceased cyclists and the insurance company of a drunk driver who crashed into a group of cyclists"blink.png

http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/insurance-company-delays-payout-for-three-cyclists-killed-by-drunk-driver/

that is only the civil aspect of it. the families want the money from the insurance companies for damages, but have declined the 10 million or more that the parents offered up in order not to prosecute the criminal case. unlike in some Western countries when the 'state' or government is the plaintiff, in Thailand the 'victim' is the plaintiff as i understand the law. i believe they said on the news that she could be incarcerated for up to 15 years if found guilty.

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates?

What about that farang they were hunting after the bar girl murdet? Did they ever catch up with him?

Long time ago... The guy was Pakistani and was apprehended in Hat Yai as I recall. Has long since confessed, been convicted, sentenced, and is serving out his time in C.M. Men's Prison. Hopefully he will rot in there.

Any updates?

What about that farang they were hunting after the bar girl murdet? Did they ever catch up with him?

Long time ago... The guy was Pakistani and was apprehended in Hat Yai as I recall. Has long since confessed, been convicted, sentenced, and is serving out his time in C.M. Men's Prison. Hopefully he will rot in there.

no this guy wasnt a pakistani, they found the girl in a suitcase if i recall rightly

• 1 month later...

Any updates?

no this guy wasnt a pakistani, they found the girl in a suitcase if i recall rightly

That was not a C.M. case. That case is out of Kanchanaburi and is pending.

we are sheep to everything...

rape/assault/car crashes is important news.....capturing billie billie bob is not as important......

murder? yes, let me read the details........months later, billie billie bob caught.......not that important in my life

of course the victim's family cares.....but to sell newspapers......it has to be pretty big news

She was very young and driving a new car.Maybe mummy and daddy have some money and managed to sort the problem out for her.Just an idea !

the parents offered up quite a sum of money not to prosecute. i believe the figure was around 10 million Bath. the families of the victims all declined the settlement.

Her insurance policy states that the max payout is 10M/person? Really? And I thought I had good insurance. Anyway, the articles states that the insurance company wants income letters from the family.

Rich family = Jackpot; Poor family = So sad, too bad Somchai.

#RichEliteLifesMatterMoreInThailand

If she had run over some poor rural kid on a bike in my village, the insurance companies would probably balk at any payout over 50K. Anyway, the cyclists families will probably get pissed off and sent the driver of the car to jail for a few years. TIT.

Injustices happen all over. My daughter's BF killed my daughter in a one car smash up. Negligent driving carried a $400 fine, the BF's family distanced themselves from him as he was considered an adult, he had no insurance, and his lawyer filed for bankruptcy. Jail time would have been justice, so I sorta like the Thai system.

Edited by connda