transfer mapfactor including paid maps to new phone ?

yermanee

Hi guys, as per title I just bought a new smartphone (Lenovo a7000) and would like to transfer Mapfactor including the paid for maps ( paid 45 Euro) from my tablet.

Both are Android.

Is this possible, and if so how ? keeping in mind that I'm not computer litirate.

The reason I ask is because I now know how to navigate with this app and don't like to learn all the ins and outs of a new app.

Thanks beforehand

Yermanee wai.gifwai.gifwai.gif

IF you purchased and installed the app through an online 'store' (ie: Google Play Store, Amazon Appstore, etc.) then you should be able to download the same App to another android device sharing that same online store account. Just verify that the store link doesn't indicate an 'amount' when selecting it again for that device.

Otherwise, while you could try using some means to 'copy' the .apk and additional files to another phone, most "paid apps" utilize an authentication mechanism (call home via Internet) to prevent that from working.

By the way, this isn't a dedicated "android" or "Mapfactor" forum, so I wouldn't expect many members "to know".

IF you purchased and installed the app through an online 'store' (ie: Google Play Store, Amazon Appstore, etc.) then you should be able to download the same App to another android device sharing that same online store account. Just verify that the store link doesn't indicate an 'amount' when selecting it again for that device.

Otherwise, while you could try using some means to 'copy' the .apk and additional files to another phone, most "paid apps" utilize an authentication mechanism (call home via Internet) to prevent that from working.

By the way, this isn't a dedicated "android" or "Mapfactor" forum, so I wouldn't expect many members "to know".

Thanks for your reply, although I'm a bit perplexed by your last sentence.

I posted here because it's a forum for quote " Internet, computers, communication, technology " unquote.

As far as I know smartphones using android belong in that category but I might be mistaken, if so my apologies.

Thanks again

Yermanee wai.gif