Nimanheiman Road extended to Airport

sfokevin

I looks like Nemanheiman Road at the Suthep intersection is being extended to meet up with the road that goes to the airport thru the military base?...

I assume if this is so they will allow tragic to pass without a sticker?...

This would be very convienent and free up some of the traffic around the moat and at the Airport a Plaza flyover ;-)

One of the more sensible and long awaited decisions; only 5yrs thinking about it to my knowledge. (probably 10yr really)

a complete by pass of the moat area.

But something is puzzling me. When you drive along Nimmen road in this direction, on the left you will see a big sign saying Airport and pointing right. now to me this implies its sending you Wing 41 road; which requires a sticker.

So now everyone who sees the airport sign will naturally follow this route and get stopped or not?

The new road will simply bypass the current T-intersection and relieve some rush hour congestion. I haven't heard any news of an RTAF agreement to open up our 'shortcut' though most CM residents have a sticker.

The Lamphun/Lampang signage when heading north into Nimmanhaemin, is also confusing and detrimental to congestion further up Nimman.