Koh Tao murder trial reconvenes in Koh Samui

webfact

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what utter BS, if a tourist goes to Koh Tao unless they are the sort of person that goes out looking for trouble they will not find it on Koh Tao..other than this when have you heard of trouble in KT compared to all the other thai hotspots phangan, samui and especially the sanitly pattaya…or are you referring to Sean Mcanna?? the only person to cry wolf to get attention?

Frank, you forgot to put on your thinking cap. There is a long list of bad things which have reportedly happened on Ko Tao in past years. Bad shit happens at the other places you mention also. We're not blown away by hearing about bad things, as crime happens at nearly every party beach ww. What particularly irks us is how the local cops here in Thailand are complicit in shielding certain people from scrutiny - because of the culprits' social standing and/or due to fat under-the-table payments. Corrupt policing should not be tolerated anywhere. Check out the movie 'Serpico.' Thailand needs 300 Serpicos - to begin to clean up.

About Sean: 'Crying Wolf?' He was speaking up (and had the smarts to take a photo) about death threats to himself. I commend him for doing that. Without the photo, all the Headman's shielders would shout about that scenario never happening. Indeed, even now they deny anything bad happened when Mon and the cop threatened Sean. We expect that sort of blanket denial from them. Anything and everything to shield precious Nomsod - that's their creed.

and what am i looking at at 1.12? the hoe??, where it was under the tree..which is also in the enclosed garden..

For the benefit of other posters who may have doubts after your statement above, I am attaching a series of photos showing the hoe under the tree and in the vegetable garden. The vegetable garden is some distance from the tree, as you must know if you are a resident of Koh Tao. Just for good measure I'm also attaching a photo of beach cleaner/gardener/garbage man U Oh posing with the hoe under the tree.

attachicon.gifCrime scene hoe in vegetable garden.jpgattachicon.gif

It looks like the hoe is resting upon a piece of wood which appears to have residual redness on it. Was that piece of wood tested re; DNA?

It saddens me to see that red-stained hoe - for what it symbolizes.

Have we heard anything of substance from Thai forensics during the prosecutions' presentations? It appears as though the prosecution and their witnesses are just claiming general things which we've all heard from October - and very little of the detail which we netzens have shed light on via our thousands of postings. Perhaps it was good enough (for the judges' considerations) for prosecution to simply say that the hoe was the weapon, and leave it at that. There are already big doubts regarding findings from Thai forensics (Ms Pontip will elaborate on those, when it's her turn at bat). As much as anything else in this trial, Thai forensic abilities will take a big hit. It will show how they've done shoddy, incomplete work. It may even show they've purposefully skewed data. If that's proven to be true, serious disciplinary action should ensue.

I have a feeling the UK sent a police team over because they DO know how things work here. In doing so a 'seed' was planted.....smile.png

Yes, but will it grow? Or will it wither and die?

We need to keep up with the watering!

“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.”

Elie Wiesel

Too many phones around for my liking, one shown to Chris Ware this one had not been broken, another found at the crime scene and one found in a bag behind the Burmese living quarters.

With the lack of secure chain of custody for evidence in this case its too suspicious for me.

The phone was found behind their shack if i remember rightly, so they must have been pretty dumb to dispose of it in such a careless way.

I wonder what prompted the Police to start looking around in those bushes?

"Lets have a poke around here, aha, eureka, we have the victims phone"

"I wonder what prompted the Police to start looking around in those bushes?" That's almost funny when you consider the police avoided looking around in so many other areas which might have shed light on who committed the crime. If I made a list, it would be longer than my left arm in #8 font, single spaced.

Planting evidence - the easiest of all the honourous tasks the RTP would have had to perform to fit shit up.

Actually, one of the easiest ways to establish the cover-up / framing, is to simply stand in from of a mic at a press conference and make assertions which fit with their (RTP's/prosecution's/Headman's peoples') agenda. That's what Chief of Chiefs Somyot did several times. I naively though he was lying about DNA after (he or an accomplice) skewed with DNA samples and their labeling/file names. Upon further reflection, I realize he would not even have to do any such behind-the-scenes manipulating. All he would need to do is simply make announcements - that fit with the frame-up. Simple. Case closed.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/police_we_didn_t_beat_koh_tao_murder_suspects_to_confess_1_4212625

Police: We didn’t beat Koh Tao murder suspects to confess

12:11 28 August 2015

Andy's quiet today, no tweets after the trial, I guess its because it was a bit of a non event, nothing that was not already known, denials from the RTP about the torture of course but we all knew that was going to happen. A distinct absence of the star witness that Tony 121 lamented about

Edited by thailandchilli

I note the report says the Miller family are in court with an interpreter. I hope they have an independent interpreter and have not relied on the police to provide one. If the latter is the case, I bet I would do a better and more accurate job.

I hope Mon questioned about this when he was on the stand.

But as Montriwat is the man appeared in the CCTV video footage near the scene, the police still did not rule out a possible connection.

Thanks for posting that link. That article came out 9 days after the crime. The Headman could probably launch a lawsuit on every sentence of that article, as they all implicate the family members he's trying to shield from scrutiny.

I hope Mon questioned about this when he was on the stand.

But as Montriwat is the man appeared in the CCTV video footage near the scene, the police still did not rule out a possible connection.

Thanks for posting that link. That article came out 9 days after the crime. The Headman could probably launch a lawsuit on every sentence of that article, as they all implicate the family members he's trying to shield from scrutiny.

True

Understand it was a bad day for the defence today, early reports, indicate substantiated evidence from the senior police officers was robust in content.

"early reports"

Could you provide a link?

"substantiated evidence"

Could you provide a link

"Senior police officers"

We had the senior investigating officer, Colonel Cherdpong, Chiewpreecha, earlier in the trial. More senior than him?

Understand it was a bad day for the defence today, early reports, indicate substantiated evidence from the senior police officers was robust in content.

"early reports"

Could you provide a link?

"substantiated evidence"

Could you provide a link

"Senior police officers"

We had the senior investigating officer, Colonel Cherdpong, Chiewpreecha, earlier in the trial. More senior than him?

sorry my friend, no link, verbal dialogue only was received, i guess the Ace Card was kept until the end, but maybe the defence will counter this with what they have their sleeve. It's far from over yet, but finely balanced from my perspective.

Time is running out for Tony's 'Star Witness' to appear. Any news on this anyone?

Who's that then? Serious question.

Exactly, who's that?

One of the new members here who is focused only on Koh Tao threads (i.e. an old member with a new identity) said the other day that there was a star witness for the prosecution who would totally change the trial for them.

And seeing as today was their last day in court we are all wondering where he is, because it's not like a shill to lie about this case to further spread misinformation and take the thread off course, is it??

Particularly one with a provocative avatar. Verdict = new troll.

Existing troll on a new account, the third new poster account today with Bangkok as destination in the profile. This one says their 19 years old the other said they were 15 years old and the third was 13 years old until they removed the age. About right I guess, recruit them young they'll believe anything you throw at them

Edited by thailandchilli

Everyone knows the ones that want this thread closed .

But how about for justice we completely stop replying to them .

Keeping this thread open is much more important than being trolled in.

I'm surprised you feel that way .

Nobody wants this thread closed I think . What we want is a fair discussion where you can have an opinion about something without being called a troll just because you do not agree in that theory or so called facts.

If I say to you that I think B2 are guilty I would probably be called a troll.

Now my personal opinion is that there is a chance that they could be guilty , or just witnessed the murder, but they could also be completely innocent. Just let us keep this thread going and just ignore anyone you disagree with.

This thread is open and should continue to be so until we have a verdict .

The Ace Card was played

Can you give more details?

Yes, to some extent, but i don't have the full picture, maybe tomorrow but my understanding is DNA evidence does link the two accused to the crime, this was a driver behind the defence not wanting a retest, profiles do match.

Can you give more details?

Yes, to some extent, but i don't have the full picture, maybe tomorrow but my understanding is DNA evidence does link the two accused to the crime, this was a driver behind the defence not wanting a retest, profiles do match.

Not very surprising though, that was the missing evidence from the prosecution case so far.

As for the defense not wanting to retest it, to me it is rather telling. If as they claimed they have evidence that contradicts the results I don't see why they would refuse to have the retest done, either it would come back as a no match and that would put the prosecution case in disarray or it could come back as a match and then the defense could show their evidence proving it as being wrong, either from an error in the investigation or due to actual malice, either way it would again be extremely damaging to the prosecution.

Their refusal to have a retest tells me that whatever they card they may have to play is not enough to counter the DNA evidence of the prosecution, hence the refusal.