Koh Tao murder trial reconvenes in Koh Samui

webfact

I understand the young man you have named has been cleared of involvement, through telephone records and video releases and no doubt personal witness statements. I for one cannot imagine someone committing this crime and then hastily arranging fast boats, plane tickets and be back in Bangkok early morning, just does not seem comprehensible, to some extent goes against pure common sense.

For starters, the only mention of phone records by RTP/prosecution in the 11.5 months since the crime was ONE MENTION in the early days of the trial. And that solitary brief mention was to try and bolster Nomsod's flimsy alibi. RTP prosecution witness claimed NS's phone was used on monday morning in Bkk. As far as I know there was no time mentioned, nor who was called. However, NS's phone being used Monday morning, anytime after 9 am means nothing. It would add nothing to the whodunit of the investigation. It's already been shown that a young man in a hurry can get from the island to Bkk in roughly 4 hours (if using a plane and a fast boat), and the crime wrapped up by 5 am.

In a general sense, the dearth of phone evidence from RTP shows one or both of the following:

>>> They didn't think to ask for it or look at it (similar to how they didn't bother looking at potentially crucial CCTV) or....

>>> They looked at it but didn't like the data because it implicated people who should be shielded, so they stuffed it.

There are reams of other potentially useful data which RTP dealt with similarly.

I can. It's easy to see how that can be arranged. Indeed, he may have already had a return flight to Bkk. He's a college student. If he went to visit his family for the weekend, which many college students do, then he would sensibly already have a return flight - in time for an exam on Monday morning. As for a fast boat: imagine if you grew up on a small tropical island which had several fast boat drivers and their boats. Is it not likely that you'd know many or all of them. If NS did the crime, his uncle would be key component in helping in any way - to cover it up, even if the uncle wasn't directly involved in the crime. We don't know, but the uncle did say it was himself shown in Running Man video. Odd for a 45 yr old man to be running around half naked at 5 am, isn't it? ....and even odder that he claims to be a person who looks like a skinny 19 yr old with mannerism and gait just like his nephew.

Boomerangutang, what you say is all feasible, but in reality if i had an exam Monday morning, i certainly would not be spending 4 or more hours travelling, i would be tucked up in bed Sunday evening after spending the weekend revising for the test, that's somewhat normal, although some students do enjoy the party life. That video is so poor it could have been multiple people, fact. People need to move on from this train of thought, it's become so repetitive, same question, same answers over and over again, sure you can agree on this.

Boys Book .. or whomever you really are ... you arrive late on the scene with a total of 17 posts to your name. All of them firmly in the Roti sellers camp.

At the moment you don't seem to have any credibility as an expert on anything other than defending the BiBs.

Please try not to lecture the people who have spent a great deal of time becoming familiar with the nuances of this horrible affair.

People don't need to 'move on from this train of thought' because there is good reason NOT to move on from it.

Be grateful that the mods are tolerant of your infantile trolling ...... Many here would not be.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, as has been said many times on this forum, we are not privy to all the information. Media coverage is very limited at this stage, predominately via Twitter from what i have observed, and that seems to have slowed lately. We simply do not know the full details or facts, of the investigation. I expect when the trial reaches conclusion, a lot more of the investigative results will be available in the public arena.

I expect when the trial reaches conclusion, a lot more of the investigative results will be available in the public arena.

I doubt that. Would be quite a different style of proceeding

Can you expand on your reply, not sure what you mean by "I doubt that. Would be quite a different style of proceeding"

May I also add to this discussion that there is an independent reporter. Her Name is Sarah and she reports for the press in several different fields. Tv papers etc.

Her Twitter feed is this https://twitter.com/sarahyuen she will answer responsible questions as well. You will note that she has NOT reported some of the allegations made by some members on this thread.

Perfect, hopefully being at the court case last week she can confirm what the key outcomes were, just checked her twitter feed and nothing stood out, be good if you could direct us to the specific content.

Yes no problem. Its called a message button. Ask her to qualify anything you are unsure off. She is very helpful and has answered several questions so far for me. Its not rocket science I guess.

Was she at the trial last week, don't want to waste my time is she was not ?

Oh dear person.. I don't want to enter into argumentative replies. I have assisted you in your quest in a straight forward manner. If you wish to pursue the information feel free to. I for one don't have time to do your leg work for you. I would suggest your post is the type of inflammatory messages as mentioned previously higher up this page.

I understand the young man you have named has been cleared of involvement, through telephone records and video releases and no doubt personal witness statements. I for one cannot imagine someone committing this crime and then hastily arranging fast boats, plane tickets and be back in Bangkok early morning, just does not seem comprehensible, to some extent goes against pure common sense.

For starters, the only mention of phone records by RTP/prosecution in the 11.5 months since the crime was ONE MENTION in the early days of the trial. And that solitary brief mention was to try and bolster Nomsod's flimsy alibi. RTP prosecution witness claimed NS's phone was used on monday morning in Bkk. As far as I know there was no time mentioned, nor who was called. However, NS's phone being used Monday morning, anytime after 9 am means nothing. It would add nothing to the whodunit of the investigation. It's already been shown that a young man in a hurry can get from the island to Bkk in roughly 4 hours (if using a plane and a fast boat), and the crime wrapped up by 5 am.

In a general sense, the dearth of phone evidence from RTP shows one or both of the following:

>>> They didn't think to ask for it or look at it (similar to how they didn't bother looking at potentially crucial CCTV) or....

>>> They looked at it but didn't like the data because it implicated people who should be shielded, so they stuffed it.

There are reams of other potentially useful data which RTP dealt with similarly.

I can. It's easy to see how that can be arranged. Indeed, he may have already had a return flight to Bkk. He's a college student. If he went to visit his family for the weekend, which many college students do, then he would sensibly already have a return flight - in time for an exam on Monday morning. As for a fast boat: imagine if you grew up on a small tropical island which had several fast boat drivers and their boats. Is it not likely that you'd know many or all of them. If NS did the crime, his uncle would be key component in helping in any way - to cover it up, even if the uncle wasn't directly involved in the crime. We don't know, but the uncle did say it was himself shown in Running Man video. Odd for a 45 yr old man to be running around half naked at 5 am, isn't it? ....and even odder that he claims to be a person who looks like a skinny 19 yr old with mannerism and gait just like his nephew.

Boomerangutang, what you say is all feasible, but in reality if i had an exam Monday morning, i certainly would not be spending 4 or more hours travelling, i would be tucked up in bed Sunday evening after spending the weekend revising for the test, that's somewhat normal, although some students do enjoy the party life. That video is so poor it could have been multiple people, fact. People need to move on from this train of thought, it's become so repetitive, same question, same answers over and over again, sure you can agree on this.

Boys Book .. or whomever you really are ... you arrive late on the scene with a total of 17 posts to your name. All of them firmly in the Roti sellers camp.

At the moment you don't seem to have any credibility as an expert on anything other than defending the BiBs.

Please try not to lecture the people who have spent a great deal of time becoming familiar with the nuances of this horrible affair.

People don't need to 'move on from this train of thought' because there is good reason NOT to move on from it.

Be grateful that the mods are tolerant of your infantile trolling ...... Many here would not be.

Thanks for the advice.

Perfect, hopefully being at the court case last week she can confirm what the key outcomes were, just checked her twitter feed and nothing stood out, be good if you could direct us to the specific content.

Yes no problem. Its called a message button. Ask her to qualify anything you are unsure off. She is very helpful and has answered several questions so far for me. Its not rocket science I guess.

Was she at the trial last week, don't want to waste my time is she was not ?

Oh dear person.. I don't want to enter into argumentative replies. I have assisted you in your quest in a straight forward manner. If you wish to pursue the information feel free to. I for one don't have time to do your leg work for you. I would suggest your post is the type of inflammatory messages as mentioned previously higher up this page.

Thanks, i assume that is a no. From a personal perspective i do applaud the work Andy Hall has been doing and have a high level of admiration for him.

Edited by Boys Book

Boomer has been offering lists of what the investigation should have done but apparently hasn't done for almost a year now.

As shown in my previous post, they checked phone records, this is a fact.

The problem with that is... Nobody has verified any of the evidence relating to Warot aside from the police, which , forgive me but I can't just take their word for it... Given the past indiscretions. On to the last part of your post, I would expect whoever did commit this crime to do anything to get off the island before its swarmed by police... You expect the killer would go home and sleep? I'm considering probabilities in my speculation... The probabilities to me, don't add up to the B2 being solely responsible, they may be Involved, I don't know. I do think it's probable it was a Thai person of influence. The fact that you trust the investigation 100% says it all.

That video is so poor it could have been multiple people, fact. People need to move on from this train of thought, it's become so repetitive, same question, same answers over and over again, sure you can agree on this.

I keep harping on about those Running Man video clips because they're very likely key to establishing whodunit in this case. The RM videos were key factor for the initial RTP team when they announced they found the murderer(s) and arrests were imminent, just days after the crime.

All that changed in a Bkk minute, and we (those of us seeking truth and justice) have some good ideas why. Just because it's annoying or inconvenient (for some) to have those videos in the public record, does not mean we should forget they exist. The Headman's people, RTP and prosecution would like them to have never existed, but that's tough tamales. The cat's out of the bag, and they tell just as scintillating a story now, as they did 11 months ago when first revealed.

If you're a resident of New Orleans, you probably dearly wish Katrina had never come through 10 years ago - but she did, and no amount of wishing will change that.

The problem with that is... Nobody has verified any of the evidence relating to Warot aside from the police, which , forgive me but I can't just take their word for it... Given the past indiscretions. On to the last part of your post, I would expect whoever did commit this crime to do anything to get off the island before its swarmed by police... You expect the killer would go home and sleep? I'm considering probabilities in my speculation... The probabilities to me, don't add up to the B2 being solely responsible, they may be Involved, I don't know. I do think it's probable it was a Thai person of influence. The fact that you trust the investigation 100% says it all.

Firstly thanks for the reply. I believe the information related to the local family has been well documented, problem is a selection of people will never believe what is presented, which is fine, but from a legal perspective that loop is closed, baring any independent actions. I have no idea if a killer would go home and sleep, also no idea of an alcohol induced killer would go home and sleep. I see you raise "the probabilities to me, don't add up to the B2 being solely responsible" that's a good point. Please do no state i trust the investigation 100%, that is your words and the fact you can state that states a lot...i did have a lot of time for your posts, but you are slipping in credence.

Thai police confirm British cooperation in Koh Tao case

British police provided evidence to authorities in Thailand that tied two migrant workers to the murder of British backpackers last year, a court heard yesterday.

Royal Thai Police Colonel Kissana Phathanacharoen confirmed to the Koh Samui court that a phone owned by one of the deceased, David Miller, 24, had been found discarded near the lodgings of the defendants.

The UK National Crime Agency later identified the SIM card as being Mr Millers, he said.

http://www.mmtimes.com/index.php/national-news/16198-thai-police-confirm-british-cooperation-in-koh-tao-case.html

Last place I would ditch a phone is near my lodging. All that deep blue to Chuck it in...

That video is so poor it could have been multiple people, fact. People need to move on from this train of thought, it's become so repetitive, same question, same answers over and over again, sure you can agree on this.

I keep harping on about those Running Man video clips because they're very likely key to establishing whodunit in this case. The RM videos were key factor for the initial RTP team when they announced they found the murderer(s) and arrests were imminent, just days after the crime.

All that changed in a Bkk minute, and we (those of us seeking truth and justice) have some good ideas why. Just because it's annoying or inconvenient (for some) to have those videos in the public record, does not mean we should forget they exist. The Headman's people, RTP and prosecution would like them to have never existed, but that's tough tamales. The cat's out of the bag, and they tell just as scintillating a story now, as they did 11 months ago when first revealed.

If you're a resident of New Orleans, you probably dearly wish Katrina had never come through 10 years ago - but she did, and no amount of wishing will change that.

Boomerangutang,Boomerangutang.. we all know this, the Police announced who they suspected, they were wrong, the case moved on, that's the way it is. It may change over the curse of the trial. Yes, you me and everyone have good idea's, but it means nothing, zero, zilch... Mistakes happen in crime investigations, especially early on, we have seen examples of it recently were the Police are keen to put out names or information and it's incorrect. We all critisice they speak to soon, but in the course of the Koh Tao case people cling to the initial accusations, you can't have it both ways.

Edited by Boys Book

The phone records question now is very relevant given that this is how they are claiming to have found the bomber accomplice so they have shown at least in Bangkok they have this capability.

Others have qualified the phone record information, please check the earlier posts in this thread.

Edited by Boys Book

Firstly thanks for the reply. I believe the information related to the local family has been well documented, problem is a selection of people will never believe what is presented, which is fine, but from a legal perspective that loop is closed, baring any independent actions. I have no idea if a killer would go home and sleep, also no idea of an alcohol induced killer would go home and sleep. I see you raise "the probabilities to me, don't add up to the B2 being solely responsible" that's a good point. Please do no state i trust the investigation 100%, that is your words and the fact you can state that states a lot...i did have a lot of time for your posts, but you are slipping in credence.
Ok, here's what I think. If the B2 were guilty, or guilty in part, their attorneys would likely sense that and advise them a guilty plea would spare them.... Maybe even leg them see freedom in 20 years or less.. Only that's not happening.

Where I'm from, defense and prosecuting attorneys both confirm major case points and relevant science leading to their conclusion.. Nothing of the sort happened with NS alibi,in full or in part. None of it has ever been verified and the cop who was supposed to be In charge of that operation never saw the results. Can you not see why there is so much doubt?

I've said it before, but if I were accused I this very crime, I would be able to provide more than substantial evidence of where I was... Receipts, CCTV, Phone records, social media posts etc.

I'm not claiming to know exactly what happened , my posts are speculation as are yours... I just find you're perspective much less probable. That's it.

Edited by Darkknight666

Ok, here's what I think. If the B2 were guilty, or guilty in part, their attorneys would likely sense that and advise them a guilty plea would spare them.... Maybe even leg them see freedom in 20 years or less.. Only that's not happening.

Where I'm from, defense and prosecuting attorneys both confirm major case points and relevant science leading to their conclusion.. Nothing of the sort happened with NS alibi,in full or in part. None of it has ever been verified and the cop who was supposed to be In charge of that operation never as the results. Can you not see why there is so much doubt?

I've said it before, but if I were accused I this very crime, I would be able to provide more than substantial evidence of where I was... Receipts, CCTV, Phone records, social media posts etc.

I'm not claiming to know exactly what happened , my posts are speculation as are yours... I just find you're perspective much less probable. That's it.

Well said.. a very fair comment and one with which I can agree with.

Boomer has been offering lists of what the investigation should have done but apparently hasn't done for almost a year now.

As shown in my previous post, they checked phone records, this is a fact.

The fact is they said they did it. Guess we will never know if they did or not.

If they did check it is there any reason these records have never been made public.

Sadly you state everything the RTP say as gospel. Many of on here know the RTP and more than happy to lie to fit a story.

Can one ask why you believe everything the RTP say in this case is true even after it has been proven to be a lie ?

Edited by berybert

British police provided evidence to authorities in Thailand that tied two migrant workers to the murder of British backpackers last year, a court heard yesterday.

Royal Thai Police Colonel Kissana Phathanacharoen confirmed to the Koh Samui court that a phone owned by one of the deceased, David Miller, 24, had been found discarded near the lodgings of the defendants.

The UK National Crime Agency later identified the SIM card as being Mr Millers, he said.

http://www.mmtimes.com/index.php/national-news/16198-thai-police-confirm-british-cooperation-in-koh-tao-case.html

Last place I would ditch a phone is near my lodging. All that deep blue to Chuck it in...

The phone was dumped there by a friend of the defendants, they gave it to him to throw it away; I suppose giving an expensive phone to someone and saying "dump it in the sea" would sound a little suspicious.

Please be reminded of zero tolerance for bickering and that includes aggressive attempts to get others to share your opinion, whatever that may be.

Some have already been sent from the playground and others will face the same if they persist.

The phone was dumped there by a friend of the defendants, they gave it to him to throw it away; I suppose giving an expensive phone to someone and saying "dump it in the sea" would sound a little suspicious.

Yeah dump it behind our room is far less suspicious.

A story a 2 year old would laugh at if told by an older kid. Sometime the RTP lovers accept without question.

Edited by berybert

how many times do people have to be told - you cannot just walk into a court and claim stuff, it doesn't matter who you are - police lawyers or whatever, this is the very simple fundamental reason why this case is total nonesense

and for those that keep going on about Nomsod - Mon - the heavies from Ac bar and what happened there that night etc - it has nothing to do with the proceedings in this trail, the police/prosecution chose a path for whatever reason and decided to present the case we are now seeing

I have my own opinions of what has gone on here but I have seen nothing presented that would stand up to the very basic international principals of law protocol and justice in this case so far, I am not saying B2 are guilty or innocent, the whole thing is just so bad that it really gets under my skin

Phones thrown in the bushes, DNA that is suspect - people walking around the crime scene that had no right to be there and were in fact suspects, cctv and other evidence that is being witheld, so called phone records that are being witheld, murder weapons that were tested but no results revealed, very suspect puncture wounds on Davids body that would be consistant with a short blade or (tooth), the original chief investigator suddenly removed and transferred, suspects taken away and questioned without legal council, a reconstruction of the crime in from of the press that looked like a movie set .....the list is endless

Nothing like being open and transparent

After 12 days of prosecution evidence all we have had so far as far as I am concerned is .....they did it

It's not even about the "I don't know" answers given in court by ket witness, it is about what they claim to know and how it is verified

didn't proof read the above - couldn't be bothered

One would describe your version strange I think.

The scenario you suggest is that the 2 murderers decided to ask their friend to dispose of evidence taken from the crime scene of perhaps the most high profile case on Koh Tao. And to not appear suspicious they didnt tell him to dump it in the sea because it would appear suspicious. Really??? Come on do you Really Believe what you have suggested.

This story never ceases to amaze me. The comments and views of some contributors are bizarre to say the least. Totally illogical.

Firstly the chances of the murderer taking items from the victims home is slim in my opinon. In the event of the place is crawling with the RTP, disposal in the area of your home is highly unlikely as well. You would have to have the IQ of a banana to do that.

If a bricklayer gets his paycheck each week for months, and then it's found that instead of laying bricks, he was just sitting in back under a tree drinking Red bull and smoking cigarettes, (and burying the bricks in a big hole) the foreman might be pissed off and dock his pay or try retrieving all those weeks' salary while the worker doing nothing.

Now for the analogy (you knew this was coming....) If 2 dozen Thai cops get paid weekly salaries for months, and it's found they did essentially nothing - then they too should be forced to pay-back all that taxpayer money which was paid. Of course, nothing of the sort (not even disciplinary action) will happen in this case, but I needed to vent.

What about the Koh Tao cop you wrote about sitting at the coffee shop counting his bribe money while chatting with his mia noi?

Actually there was one Koh Tao cop who at the beginning of the investigation bragged in a post to CSI about how much this case was costing someone and his words were "think of millions", I cant reveal the cop for obvious reasons

Great -- another Boogie Man argument. Everybody knows who did it but no one will say who or can prove it; follow the money (what money?); everyone knows the kid was there and then made his 4 hour escape to Bangkok but no one has publicly said that they saw him; etc. All we get are the 101 reasons why these things cannot happen.

From All The President's Men on the Watergate Break-in investigation:

Howard Simons: Then can we use their names?
Carl Bernstein: No.
Ben Bradlee (The Boss): Goddammit, when is somebody going to go on the record in this story?
Edited by JLCrab

how many times do people have to be told - you cannot just walk into a court and claim stuff, it doesn't matter who you are - police lawyers or whatever, this is the very simple fundamental reason why this case is total nonsense

In a farang court, yes. In a Thai court, police can claim things and they're usually taken at their word. Substantiating or corroborating evidence takes a back seat.

and for those that keep going on about Nomsod - Mon - the heavies from Ac bar and what happened there that night etc - it has nothing to do with the proceedings in this trail, the police/prosecution chose a path for whatever reason and decided to present the case we are now seeing

We usually agree, but I don't agree that it's unimportant what happened with NS, Mon and their tough-guy shark-tooth-wielding buddies in AC bar (and afterwards) that night. Granted, they are not on trial, but at the very least they know a lot more about what happened that night than they're saying. Any half-assed investigation would delve in to what happened at the nearby beach bars on that night. RTP and prosecution want us to give those scenarios, and the regulars who frequent those bars - no thought.

....everyone knows the kid was there and then made his 4 hour escape to Bangkok but no one has publicly said that they saw him; etc. All we get are the 101 reasons why these things cannot happen.

Police said publicly that they saw him depicted on the Running Man video. That's why they were searching for him for days (while saying he was their prime suspect), while he was hiding. Also hundreds of thousands of people who have scrutinized that footage assert it's him. There may likely be additional proofs, but it's not easy getting people to speak freely when they're afraid to speak out. Also, Nomsod is not on trial, so (according to authorities) there should be no mention of him. The judges have apparently forbidden any further testing/comparison of his DNA (with that found in/on victim) so all we (the rest of the world) have to go on for DNA comparisons is the word of top brass RTP.

There was mention of a Burmese worker at AC bar who claimed he was with NS in AC bar that fateful night, but the worker split the country 2 days after the crime and can't be contacted. There is Sean, but he was quickly escorted out of the country and told never to return. There was likely CCTV from the beach bars, but all that footage (except David entering the bar around 1:30 am) has been conveniently trashed.

how many times do people have to be told - you cannot just walk into a court and claim stuff, it doesn't matter who you are - police lawyers or whatever, this is the very simple fundamental reason why this case is total nonsense

In a farang court, yes. In a Thai court, police can claim things and they're usually taken at their word. Substantiating or corroborating evidence takes a back seat.

We usually agree, but I don't agree that it's unimportant what happened with NS, Mon and their tough-guy shark-tooth-wielding buddies in AC bar (and afterwards) that night. Granted, they are not on trial, but at the very least they know a lot more about what happened that night than they're saying. Any half-assed investigation would delve in to what happened at the nearby beach bars on that night. RTP and prosecution want us to give those scenarios, and the regulars who frequent those bars - no thought.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying was that this is a trial not an investigation, the prosecution have made their case against the accused, we can all speculate about certain other things but only the B2 are in court, in saying that, if the defense were to come across solid evidence that would implicate someone else or were able to prove that the police had such evidence and ignored it or that certain other irregular things took place like paying people to lie, then that is an entirely different thing

One would describe your version strange I think.

The scenario you suggest is that the 2 murderers decided to ask their friend to dispose of evidence taken from the crime scene of perhaps the most high profile case on Koh Tao. And to not appear suspicious they didnt tell him to dump it in the sea because it would appear suspicious. Really??? Come on do you Really Believe what you have suggested.

This story never ceases to amaze me. The comments and views of some contributors are bizarre to say the least. Totally illogical.

Firstly the chances of the murderer taking items from the victims home is slim in my opinon. In the event of the place is crawling with the RTP, disposal in the area of your home is highly unlikely as well. You would have to have the IQ of a banana to do that.

It's not my version, it's the version of the two defendants and the two witnesses that testified.

As for criminals keeping incriminating evidence in their homes... have you seen the news lately?