Massive manhunt on the way for Bangkok bomb suspect

webfact

Massive manhunt on the way for bomb suspect

581-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A massive manhunt is now underway by the police and the military for an Arabian looking man after a video footage of a surveillance camera showed him placed a shoulder bag inside the fence where hundreds of visitors to the Erawan shrine were worshipping, and explosion followed a minute after he left.

National police chief Pol Gen Somyot Poompunmuong confirmed the man in the video clip is a wanted bomb suspect.

A massive manhunt was now ordered and all airports and border checkpoint were alerted to watch out for the suspect.

The video footage now released by security officials showed the man, wearing yellow shirt and dark blue shorts and red sports shoes, was carrying a shoulder bag.

The man with curled hair and in dark sunglass and wristwatch on left hand and wrist bands on both hands, walked towards the fence where the Erawan shrine is located.

He took off the bag from the shoulder and placed it inside the fence near the shrine where many foreign tourists were worshipping and praying.

He left the fence leaving the shoulder bag there and walked away.

One minute later, explosion was heard at the place.

He was being hunted by security officials.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/massive-manhunt-on-the-way-for-bomb-suspect

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-08-18

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why Red shirts would do something that would sign their political death warrant, unless they're ready to go to civil war. An angry fanatic individual perhaps.

I wouldn't be surprised we have a new culprit every 2 days.

Most of the comments about the man's descriptions were from people who saw him. Not from this imagery. Here's a photo of the guy inside the shrine taken by a Thai on the overhead bridge just minutes before.

But the PM has just said they think it's a guy from Esan? He's contradicting the police and the witnesses now?

post-30549-0-44853600-1439880775_thumb.j

There has been time to clean the photos shown of the suspect up and transmitt a faceial profile to every border crossing and on national televison and facebook. He will be seen and snintched on quite quickly as he does appear to be farang. Throw a high 6 figure breward in and wait for the call..

I don't see why Red shirts would do something that would sign their political death warrant, unless they're ready to go to civil war. An angry fanatic individual perhaps.

First the Red Shirts would not admit it. But they would tell the military did it, or they tell under Thaksin everything was peaceful and good economic...look now, economic bad, dangerous, no tourists.

Or as you tell an angry fanatic individual or a small militant group without the agreement of the leader in Dubai.

There has been time to clean the photos shown of the suspect up and transmitt a faceial profile to every border crossing and on national televison and facebook. He will be seen and snintched on quite quickly as he does appear to be farang. Throw a high 6 figure breward in and wait for the call..

with this photo even cleaned up it can be just everyone who has two arms and a head.

blablabla...or they tell under Thaksin everything was peaceful and good economic...blablabla

One again, someone brings Thaksin into the game. That's ridiculous. When will this end? Stuck in the past. Must be a fetish.

Edited by alocacoc

with this photo even cleaned up it can be just everyone who has two arms and a head.

Yes because it can easily be made to look like a 20 stone Olympic power lifter can't it??

You don't half post some complete drivel!!

The quality of the cctv cameras is pathetic considering its 2015.

Surely some nearby businesses must have some cctv of him en route that would be of much better quality.

It is difficult to get much of a good photo fit from these stills

Surely some nearby businesses must have some cctv of him en route that would be of much better quality.

It is 7ok at night.... you know night when most cameras have problems taking non-graining accruate photos without flash photography..... That is why it is grainy. Now going forward there are nice 30K cameras that will do much better in the dark :o

The most disturbing factor here is the age of the suspect,whatever his background and agenda.

Can't be much older than early to mid twenties surely.

Isn't that the age that a lot of these people are "recruited" at.

What people and recruited by who ?

i hope the police/security forces have a better snap than the one shown or have graphic enhancement algorithms which would lead to facial recognition.

Otherwise, lose the curly wig, glasses, bright clothing, armbands, don a suit and become anonymous in the crowd.

If it was an organized attack.

Looking at the age of the suspect though, i pray to the heavens that this isn't a misguided student involved in a single attack for what he believes in.

"Prayut said the suspect was believed to be from an "anti-government group based in Thailand's northeast" -- the heartland of the kingdom's Red Shirt movement that opposes the military junta."

Noticed this item in the Australian media.....quick detective work!!

blablabla...or they tell under Thaksin everything was peaceful and good economic...blablabla

One again, someone brings Thaksin into the game. That's ridiculous. When will this end? Stuck in the past. Must be a fetish.

I am not saying that Thaksin is involved in this but what I have said in the past is that if he isn't getting his way or his chances of a return to Thailand are slim to none he will do his utmost to ruin the place out of spite.

One thing to note - if this was carried out by southern insurgents then they will claim responsibility otherwise a pointless exorcise for them, the fact nobody has claimed responsibility tells of something totally different.

I also don't think that whoever planted this device realised its potential and ability to kill, if they really wanted to kill they would have added nails or similar for effect, who was responsible for the last device in Bangkok - that is were I'd be looking

Well love him or hate him he is the reason for the political problems in Thailand and was just ousted the second time by a coup. The discussion if it was the red shirts or if it was the military to let the red shirts look bad wasn't started by me.

Yes, assuming that the authorities have a clearer shot than that one. They must know the direction he took and have other CCTV images...surely. We got clearer pictures of a suspect in Nana Plaza; one would hope they have better ones and maybe holding them back for now.

"The quality of the cctv cameras is pathetic considering its 2015. "

I'm guessing it's 2015 in UK as well and here are some CCTV shots published by BBC Crimewatch there asking for help in identifying the alleged bad guys. I'd say the Thai CCTV is far from pathetic by comparison.

post-145917-0-19867100-1439882895_thumb.

Edited by Suradit69