Hotel/bungalove With A Swimmingpool For 1 Wk In Cm Around New Years

voytek

Am looking for a 2 room bungalove or a hotel with a swimmingpool in Chiang Mai. Travelling with 2 children - thats why a pool is a must.

Planning to arrive in Chiang Mai after Xmass and stay till the beginning of Jan.

Can anyone recommend a nice place for apx 2000 bht per night?

Thank you

Voytek

Am looking for a 2 room bungalove or a hotel with a swimmingpool in Chiang Mai. Travelling with 2 children - thats why a pool is a must.

Planning to arrive in Chiang Mai after Xmass and stay till the beginning of Jan.

Thank you

Voytek

good luck finding a bungalow/hotel with swimming pool - 2 rooms for 2000 baht a night. do let us know if you are successful.

Thank you

Voytek

good luck finding a bungalow/hotel with swimming pool - 2 rooms for 2000 baht a night. do let us know if you are successful.

How much do you reckon I need to spend to get such a place?

How much do you reckon I need to spend to get such a place?

Voytek,

If you have a look on the Chiang Mai forum, there is a link, listing all hotels, maybe this will help you find a suitable hotel, within your price/facility requirements.

Two places that would work for you are the Belle Villa (they rent out homes) and Jirung but both are outside of the city and likely more than 2000 baht over Christmas.

There's a new little resort that I found beside the Green Valley Golf Course that may be worth checking. It's called the "Mae Rim Whale Marine Park." They have a pool and the price of the rooms are very reasonable. They have rooms for rent but they also have 2 bedroom suites that they rent by the month for about 5000 baht. The 2 bedroom suites are pretty basic but worth checking out if price is an issue.

Thank you

Voytek

The Top North Hotel will be a little less than 2,000 baht per night for 2 rooms with a swimming poool, but unless you are a member of the Polar Bear Club, forget about swimming in Chiang Mai in January. The days are warm, but nights and mornings are chilly and almost NOBODY swims at that time of year - including tourists.

I swim EVERY DAY the rest of the year, but it is too uncomfortable to continue in the end of November, December, January and the end of Febuary. :o

Great answers. Thank you. Always visited southern Thailand /islands/ and did not even think it may get that cold up north in Chiang Mai.

Am glad that not everyone is so negative about finding a decent place in CM at a reasonable price.

Too many old fogeys replying here. Early morning can be chilly but your kids will have no trouble enjoying the pool in the middle of the afternoon.

I'm not a fan of the staff at the Top North Hotel, but the rooms are fine and the pool is great. With your budget I doubt you'll find a better deal.

I've heard that the Jirung has the only temperature-controlled pool in Chiang Mai. I haven't tried it yet but I agree that pools in Dec can be a bit chilly.

As someone suggested you could take a look at the link to the hotels in Chiangmai. There will be many with a pool and within your budget as well.

The Prince Hotel has a pool and I would be surprised if its more that Baht 1,000 / room / night.

Thank you

Voytek

The Top North Hotel will be a little less than 2,000 baht per night for 2 rooms with a swimming poool, but unless you are a member of the Polar Bear Club, forget about swimming in Chiang Mai in January. The days are warm, but nights and mornings are chilly and almost NOBODY swims at that time of year - including tourists.

I swim EVERY DAY the rest of the year, but it is too uncomfortable to continue in the end of November, December, January and the end of Febuary. :o

Hey, with your extra 'chunk', you should not have any problem. I'm in my pool everday duing the winter months, too. :D

I've heard that the Jirung has the only temperature-controlled pool in Chiang Mai. I haven't tried it yet but I agree that pools in Dec can be a bit chilly.

Please, what hotel is this? I have never heard of the "Jirung" or a heated pool for the public in Chiang Mai.

I would LOVE to swim all year round, but I virtually NEVER see anyone swimming in the two hotel swimming pools where I am a member during winter time - maybe one brave soul, once in a while - so, I don't think it has very much to do with being an "old fart".

Perhaps a very small swimming pool that is constantly in the sun might be bearable and that might fit the Top North Guesthouse better than the hotel. It is the only place that I remember ever seeing more than one person swimming during cool season, and it might be cheaper than the hotel as well.

By the way, Ajarn is a rich bloke and has his own solar-heated pool and he fills it with bath temperature water before he ventures in, so don't pay too much attention to him. :o