Road Blocks and Police Checks In Light Of Bombings

stoneyboy

Passed a formidable looking checkpoint on Hwy 3-Sukhumvit btwn Jomtien and Bangsaray on the opposite side we were traveling Friday midday. I don't know its purpose and happy to see it was finished upon returning before 5pm.

We were waved over by police in Pattaya with myself driving the rented motorbike, asked for my license and I gave him my IDP for car only. He pointed out car only but after a little talking with my wife he waved us along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I presume that you just forgot your motorbike driving license.

You know that you are not insured if you have a accident without holding a valid license.

Passed a formidable looking checkpoint on Hwy 3-Sukhumvit btwn Jomtien and Bangsaray on the opposite side we were traveling Friday midday. I don't know its purpose and happy to see it was finished upon returning before 5pm.

We were waved over by police in Pattaya with myself driving the rented motorbike, asked for my license and I gave him my IDP for car only. He pointed out car only but after a little talking with my wife he waved us along.

You know that you are not insured if you have a accident without holding a valid license.

Ooooooooh im sure all those rat arsed bikes I see owned by Thais have full insurance though eh?

Yes thank you. That is of concern and on the list during this trip if possible.

I had a policeman come to my house yesterday and asked to see my passport, he told Mrs Possum that they were doing this to every Farang in Thailand.

I would presume other TV members have had policemen come to their house.

So, on that basis, a lot of overstayers had better watch out.

We had the visit of a policeman of the amphoe not far from our village a few weeks ago ;

it was for immigration;

he said they have to visit every houses where farang are supposed living ;

I have good thai friends in Lomsak ;

they are both in the Royal Thai police and are working by binomial always in the night , chasing traffikers yaba and amphetamins .

A very dangerous work but also an excellent income ;

sure they have a good percentage on their catches .laugh.png

ithink anyone with a brain can look at the time frame and look at picture of suspect

i lived in malaysia andn a muslim there

you catch the overnight train from bangkok to border no checks

next morning in malaysia and protected by the islamic council in kl

Ooooooooh im sure all those rat arsed bikes I see owned by Thais have full insurance though eh?

So if other people are doing something illegal you think it is ok to do that also. (are you doing that also in your home country, probable not)

Better hope that you don't kill or cripple somebody in a accident then.

Personally I don't care what other people have or not.

I would be a little bit nervous driving around knowing that i'm not insured in case of a accident.