AP Exclusive: UN to let Iran inspect alleged nuke work site

webfact

Let's just all agree...that the so-called Iran Deal...is just an acknowledgement that the world approves of a nuclear Iran and will go back to trading and financing Iran's terrorist activities...

There is no apparent logic to the decisions of todays world leaders...

The apparent logic escapes you. Your claim that the world leaders have no logic is rather presumptuous.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the reasonable world there is the HOPE that over time Iran's regime will moderate as their younger people enjoy living in a less isolated country, which lifting sanctions facilitates. I hope that too ... but I rationally see no reason why to expect that to happen.

Iranian economy needs motivated and intelligent young people. People that are aware that a nuclear war would wipe out all life in the region. So, actually a case for UN, not for separate nations.

Edited by micmichd

Those who are dishonest themselves, always assume everyone else cheats.

No assumptions are needed with Iran, their cheating is self-evident. Not that it is denied, it just isn't talked about by an MSM who studiously ignore every breach.
... says the man from the country where politicians never cheat.

In the reasonable world there is the HOPE that over time Iran's regime will moderate as their younger people enjoy living in a less isolated country, which lifting sanctions facilitates. I hope that too ... but I rationally see no reason why to expect that to happen.

Yes, that's the hope of peace-loving people everywhere, that Iran rejoining the international community will encourage the moderates and bring about change.

The fight right now is with radical Zionists and others who don't want that to happen.

I can't say what I'm thinking. The US will be well rid of Obama.

but I'm not even American and yet there was more than ample information on the Internet about his behaviour, the behaviour of his closest associates, the mindset of all his so-called " Tsars " etc etc etc -good grief the alarm bells were well and truly ringing well before the end of his first term and yet people still went ahead and voted him in for a second term.crazy.gif

I found that even more shocking and unbelievable than this latest news about Iran.

Edited by Asiantravel

Yes, that's the hope of peace-loving people everywhere, that Iran rejoining the international community will encourage the moderates and bring about change.

The fight right now is with radical Zionists and others who don't want that to happen.

There is now a 10 year window of opportunity, if Israel does not bomb Iran forcing it to rush to develop nuclear weapons.
While Iran is enjoying the fruits of prosperity, Israel could also try something new like an earnest effort to make a just peace with its neighbors. Taking the main source of heat out of Middle East belligerence.
With a comprehensive peace agreement and internationally recognized borders, why... even I would defend Israel if it finally joins the family of civilized democracies.
Is not detente better than Iran's Doomsday Option and Israel's Samson Option?
Edited by dexterm

There is now a 10 year window of opportunity, if Israel does not bomb Iran forcing it to rush to develop nuclear weapons.
While Iran is enjoying the fruits of prosperity, Israel could also try something new like an earnest effort to make a just peace with its neighbors. Taking the main source of heat out of Middle East belligerence.
With a comprehensive peace agreement and internationally recognized borders, why... even I would defend Israel if it finally joins the family of civilized democracies.

Iran is actually doing far more militarily against its muslim "brothers" at the moment than it ever has against Israel.

I guess the inspections are 'unprecedented', who else gets to self-certify?

US, UK, France etc. etc. Interestingly, Australia also self certifies the area used by the British in the 50's for nuclear testing.

Seriously guys.

BEIJING Who says the Chinese Communist Party doesnt have a sense of humor?

Peoples Daily, the partys official mouthpiece, ran a large feature on its website Tuesday on North Koreas young leader Kim Jong Un being named the Onions Sexiest Man Alive.

The only glitch was that the Peoples Daily didnt seem to realize that the Onion is a satirical newspaper.

http://agonist.org/chinese-peoples-daily-mistakes-the-onion-for-serious-newspaper/

Did someone mention that the IAEA is 'in on' the conspiracy?

Edited by notmyself

The entire story has been made up insofar as to its importance. Are the IAEA going to allow Iran to take a picture of little more than dirt? Yes. Is this normal? Yes. What are the implications of allowing Iran to take a picture of little more than dirt? None, but what if they are hiding something under the dirt? The 'secret' site was found because of a satellite designed to detect radioactivity rather than imagery. The entire locale is very heavily radioactive and disused for this very reason. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, the P5=1 know it is disused and Israel knows it is disused.

This entire story has been made up by the right wing banging on war drums. It didn't matter what deal Obama was involved in forming as he was involved so it was always going to result in 'Obama bad, Obama bad'. He would never have got a deal where the people of Iran took turns to literally kiss arse but even if he had it would have been 'Obama bad, Obama bad'.

Poor Obama. Nothing is ever his fault. His acolytes always blame the evil republicans for his screw ups. Who cares that he has moved the goalposts dramatically from what he considered a "good deal" in the beginning?

In 2012, the president declared that “the deal we’ll accept” with Iran “is that they end their nuclear program” and “abide by the U.N. resolutions that have been in place.” Neither one happened.

Those resolutions called for Iran to suspend the enrichment of uranium. However under the agreement announced Thursday, enrichment will continue with 5,000 centrifuges for a decade, and all restraints on it will end in 15 years.

None of Iran’s nuclear facilities will be closed. Not one of the country’s 19,000 centrifuges will be dismantled. Tehran’s existing stockpile of enriched uranium will be “reduced” but not shipped out of the country. The truth is that Iran’s nuclear infrastructure will remain intact. Even if they don't cheat - a slim chance - when the accord lapses, the Islamic republic will instantly become a threshold nuclear state. That is anything but a "good deal" and no deal is better than a bad one. bah.gif

Edited by Ulysses G.

The entire story has been made up insofar as to its importance. Are the IAEA going to allow Iran to take a picture of little more than dirt? Yes. Is this normal? Yes. What are the implications of allowing Iran to take a picture of little more than dirt? None, but what if they are hiding something under the dirt? The 'secret' site was found because of a satellite designed to detect radioactivity rather than imagery. The entire locale is very heavily radioactive and disused for this very reason. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, the P5=1 know it is disused and Israel knows it is disused.

This entire story has been made up by the right wing banging on war drums. It didn't matter what deal Obama was involved in forming as he was involved so it was always going to result in 'Obama bad, Obama bad'. He would never have got a deal where the people of Iran took turns to literally kiss arse but even if he had it would have been 'Obama bad, Obama bad'.

The Reps sound off loudly, but in fact the IAEA has precedent in this sort of "trust",

http://www.jpost.com/Diplomacy-and-Politics/UN-nuclear-agency-visits-Sorek-reactor-but-Dimona-out-of-bounds-319508

And that is despite Palestinians downwind showing signs of radiation sickness.

USA did get something in return: one enemy less. One less that used to cost money which can now be spent for something else.

That's just delusional.

Iran is still in "Death to America" mode.

I wonder how many of these assets (Cash and/or weapons) will end up in the hands of ISIS?

Iran is actually doing far more militarily against its muslim "brothers" at the moment than it ever has against Israel.

Can you post some sources to back up your claim?

USA did get something in return: one enemy less. One less that used to cost money which can now be spent for something else.

That's just delusional.

I wonder how many of these assets (Cash and/or weapons) will end up in the hands of ISIS?

You really should read the news before showing your ignorance. Iran is fighting ISIS.

That's just delusional.

You really should read the news before showing your ignorance. Iran is fighting ISIS.

Iran is doing a lot of grandstanding and talking about fighting ISIS

How much actual fighting are they doing?

http://www.businessinsider.com/isis-will-benefit-from-the-iran-nuclear-deal-2015-7

I am surprised at how many American Jews are for the deal. 340 rabbis seems like a lot.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2015/07/american-jews-and-israeli-defense-experts-support-iran-deal.html

How does America benefit in any way from this deal?

Giving Iran nuclear capability is insanity.

Iran is not a friend of the US or the Western world.

Obama Insanity.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-06-09/iran-spends-billions-to-prop-up-assad

Poor Obama. Nothing is ever his fault. His acolytes always blame the evil republicans for his screw ups. Who cares that he has moved the goalposts dramatically from what he considered a "good deal" in the beginning?

In 2012, the president declared that the deal well accept with Iran is that they end their nuclear program and abide by the U.N. resolutions that have been in place. Neither one happened.

Those resolutions called for Iran to suspend the enrichment of uranium. However under the agreement announced Thursday, enrichment will continue with 5,000 centrifuges for a decade, and all restraints on it will end in 15 years.

None of Irans nuclear facilities will be closed. Not one of the countrys 19,000 centrifuges will be dismantled. Tehrans existing stockpile of enriched uranium will be reduced but not shipped out of the country. The truth is that Irans nuclear infrastructure will remain intact. Even if they don't cheat - a slim chance - when the accord lapses, the Islamic republic will instantly become a threshold nuclear state. That is anything but a "good deal" and no deal is better than a bad one. bah.gif

You can't make a permanent "good" deal for all eternity.

Where's your logical (!) guarantee that USA will never ever become a totalitarian state?

I am surprised at how many American Jews are for the deal.

A lot of American Jews are far-left loons. It does not surprise me.
That's rather over the top but it is true that Jews are among the most left leaning American demographic groups along with GLBT people and African Americans. Polls show American Jews support the deal at higher percentages than the general population. It is a shame though and I think unfair that the opinions of American Jews whatever they are either way are being used by Judeophobes to suggest we aren't patriotic Americans. Edited by Jingthing

The trust the right wing has for Obama's deal, or indeed the lack of it is actually a complete red herring with respect to the central question, is Iran to be trusted to comply with the deal. Those who pontificate on Iran, not a lame duck Obama administration will have already concluded the deal is a sham, I expect military action within a year, I suspect so to do many supposedly supporting the deal.

post-12854-14401369174564_thumb.jpg

That is a lot of American Jews who are Lefty Loons. I am not entirely sure what a Lefty Loon is. But, are you suggesting that the hand full of Jews posting on this forum know more than the some 3 million American Jews who like the deal? I admire the intellect of the posters here, but that is a bit of a stretch.

Of all the things i know for sure, one is a big one. The Iranians cannot keep a secret from Israel. I am as sure of that as I can possibly be. They have the entire nuclear program infiltrated with agents who know where everyone is and what is taking place. Use the 5 dead nuclear scientists as definitive proof of that. Obviously, they didn't need any information about the program from these guys.

This is and has always been, another Iraq.

That's rather over the top but it is true that Jews are among the most left leaning American demographic groups along with GLBT people and African Americans. Polls show American Jews support the deal at higher percentages than the general population. It is a shame though and I think unfair that the opinions of American Jews whatever they are either way are being used by Judeophobes to suggest we aren't patriotic Americans.

Your judeophobe/We're victims/victim/victim line wore out a long time ago.

Anyone who puts another nation before their own has to have questionable patriotism. Most likely the right-wing Jews, though.