Leaked Bangkok police report tracks lead suspect before, after bombing

webfact

There is nothing in this that could be considered of value in respect of 'holding back' information, so there was no need for it to be "leaked" , a version of it could have been released in order to try to stimulate those in these areas to come forward with any information.

Often times, 'leaked' information is accomplished on purpose for an intended goal. Perhaps this 'leaked' information will show 'monday morning quarterbacks' that the investigation is proceeding. Then again, probably not.

my wife has said that the BBC have been quoted on the Thai news this morning as criticising the police for reopening the shrine too soon and failing to gather all the evidence as apparently one of their reporters found a piece of bomb shrapnel near the shrine.

Found this on BBC's website,

'Police are continuing to hunt for those responsible for Monday's deadly bomb blast at a shrine in Bangkok, but it has emerged that in the rush to clean up some evidence has been missed.

The BBC's Jonathan Head was handed ball bearings and shrapnel at the site of the blast that had not been collected by forensic teams.

After this footage was shot the BBC team managed to hand the shrapnel over to the police.'

Edited by sandrabbit

Now that they have a route they should be launching a mass appeal for anyone along that route during that time who may have taken photos or video or any vehicals who were along that route with a dash cam to come forward and subit the pics or video. They just may get lucky and get a better pic of his face.

Exactly, in one of the pictures a man in blue clothes is standing straight in front of the suspect he must of had a good look at him.

I think the police sketch is all to hell this man looks fine featured and his body is lean.

What about all the computer technology that can enhance the pics and give his height arm ,leg and body measurements? or is that just in the movies?

Now that they have a route they should be launching a mass appeal for anyone along that route during that time who may have taken photos or video or any vehicals who were along that route with a dash cam to come forward and subit the pics or video. They just may get lucky and get a better pic of his face.

Exactly, in one of the pictures a man in blue clothes is standing straight in front of the suspect he must of had a good look at him.

I think the police sketch is all to hell this man looks fine featured and his body is lean.

What about all the computer technology that can enhance the pics and give his height arm ,leg and body measurements? or is that just in the movies?

No, it is available but hard to bootleg, you have to actually pay for it.

This map showing the suspect's movements should have been released ASAP.

There may be many HD dashcams on vehicles along the route that may have caught a better glimpse of the suspect. By matching the travel map and timeline with dashcam recordings people may find they have caught images of the suspect. Maybe the police should offer rewards for those videos as well.

I don't know if the investigation is going well or not well - 3 days good or bad..... really it is hard to tell from the outside.

Where they do fail horribly is all the different scenarios that they are putting Reds did it; southern connection ruled out; foreigner involved; not foreign plot.....

When an investigation is ongoing - the police should say nothing, rule out nothing, just indicate that they are or are not making progress and absolutely NO SPECULATION based on one's own bias or what the politicians want you to say for politics sake..... Doing so taints the investigation, corrupts the process and makes any eventual arrest suspect because they have so tainted the process as to their own motives.

Another thing that is irritating is the reluctance to ask outsiders for any help. I can tell you even the US asks for outside help when they don't have the intelligence related to foreigners that may have committed an act. Reluctance to do so only makes those leaders seem weak.

Could it possibly be that they do not wish to seek outside help or accept help offered because it would reveal how incompetent they are.

Quite possible, and the person who bought all those camera's should be brought up for corruption if the specs of the cameras are less as what was intended. Because all we see is blurry images almost as if each and every camera is below par.

I don't know if the investigation is going well or not well - 3 days good or bad..... really it is hard to tell from the outside.

Where they do fail horribly is all the different scenarios that they are putting Reds did it; southern connection ruled out; foreigner involved; not foreign plot.....

When an investigation is ongoing - the police should say nothing, rule out nothing, just indicate that they are or are not making progress and absolutely NO SPECULATION based on one's own bias or what the politicians want you to say for politics sake..... Doing so taints the investigation, corrupts the process and makes any eventual arrest suspect because they have so tainted the process as to their own motives.

Another thing that is irritating is the reluctance to ask outsiders for any help. I can tell you even the US asks for outside help when they don't have the intelligence related to foreigners that may have committed an act. Reluctance to do so only makes those leaders seem weak.

Could it possibly be that they do not wish to seek outside help or accept help offered because it would reveal how incompetent they are.

Quite possible, and the person who bought all those camera's should be brought up for corruption if the specs of the cameras are less as what was intended. Because all we see is blurry images almost as if each and every camera is below par.

It is night-time..... grainy images from CCTV cameras at nighttime is more the norm. We also don't know the area that they are meant to cover -- they don't cover all areas of bangkok and tend to be more around Skytrain premises.... Of course if they want to spend 30K on a camera - they have some really good ones that work at night-time.

Unless something draws your attention and helps you remember - eye witness descriptions are usually pretty suspect to down-right useless -- even if someone gets a good look at them.

Was there masssive trading o the share market on the dollar before 9 11 yes there was, was it ever invstigated as insider trading NO.

That only proves that someone was trying to profit off an attack that they knew about.... Lots of Saudi money runs through the market so I would not be surprised if some of the money that funded the attack was trying to make it back through shell corporations. Remember even Bin Laden's family has lots of money to play with.

Agree, he is very, very skinny which is NOT depicted accurately in the facial composite, and is missing from all the look- out- for notices. And the height should be easy to determine, too from other objects in the videos.

Something I've not seen mentioned anywhere is those sports sleeves, bandages- whatever they are could also be covering up tattoos.

I saw a report yesterday where Interpol has been asked to assist.

Edited by FBlue72

[snippet]

Interpol has been asked for assistance

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/bangkok-bomb-thai-authorities-backtrack-global-terror-group-link-seek-help-interpol-1516255

I saw a report yesterday where Interpol has been asked to assist.

[snippet]

Interpol has been asked for assistance

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/bangkok-bomb-thai-authorities-backtrack-global-terror-group-link-seek-help-interpol-1516255

That is why I said reluctant and not that they never did ask.

The original statements were a refusal because this was a Thai investigation - eventually they did ask for it (probably after they were pressured to by family and media).

Edited by bkkcanuck8

We must assume that Thais love face...

they are no closer to anything such as the other "investigative" things that have happened with no results... they do play a good "blame game"...

so until they have their "facial show", "selfie show" nothing will really come out of this...

until they actually let Interpol or real agencies outside solve this... its just going to a show where the cowboy rides off into the sunset show...

my wife has said that the BBC have been quoted on the Thai news this morning as criticising the police for reopening the shrine too soon and failing to gather all the evidence as apparently one of their reporters found a piece of bomb shrapnel near the shrine.

Found this on BBC's website,

'Police are continuing to hunt for those responsible for Monday's deadly bomb blast at a shrine in Bangkok, but it has emerged that in the rush to clean up some evidence has been missed.

The BBC's Jonathan Head was handed ball bearings and shrapnel at the site of the blast that had not been collected by forensic teams.

After this footage was shot the BBC team managed to hand the shrapnel over to the police.'

It is not a new issue - the 2006 bombing, they had completely cleaned up the scene by the following morning so that it would not interfere with tourism. The problem is that police are not professional enough to resist political interference to make it all go away. Often lost in the rush to normalize is forensics which may help to solve the terrorist/criminal act.

I would love it if they actually treated all crime scenes with the utmost professionalism and all police were trained to cordon off the area, deal with emergency medical situation -- then call in forensics department which has complete control of the scene until THEY are ready to release it back. The simple lack of following procedures like this makes every major investigation suspect to outside pressures.

Edited by bkkcanuck8

To late to hide that. If you watched the reporter on the BBC try to hand over evidence you will see the cat is definitely out of the bag on this one. It more than likely has gone global.