Stamp transfer to new passport.

Hi, next month im going to laos to get my last 90 days on my non o multi visa before it expires a couples of days later. I then have to go to Bangkok to renew my UK passport as the old one will now be full.

So when i apply for a new visa some time in December can i just present both passports and get my exit stamp in my new passport, or will i need to go to my local immigation office asap and get the last entry stamp in old passprt transfered to new passport. I have heard that i might require a letter from the embassy.

So basically its just the last stamp im concerned about, the visa has expired so thats not the problem. i dont have funds to get any extensions to the non o visa yet.

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

You do not have to transfer the stamp to the new passport. When you leave they will put the exit stamp in the new passport. You then use that to apply for a new visa.

• Like 1

You will use both passporst on departure form the country. They will transfer your entry stamp in the old one to the new passport and stamp you out of the country in it.

No need for the letter from the embassy in your case.

• Like 1

Yep, you must download the form, fill it in and email it to them...They will send you by post, to the address you have been using in your application stuff, the same form but copied onto their own form. They will not email it to you.

Thanks for advice guys, but Transam what form are you talking about that can be downloaded ?

When you get a new PP you need a letter from British Embassy for Thai immigration that this is your new PP....Can be done on line and get it through the post free of charge.

Thanks for advice guys, but Transam what form are you talking about that can be downloaded ?

When you get a new PP you need a letter from British Embassy for Thai immigration that this is your new PP....Can be done on line and get it through the post free of charge.

NOT in the OPs case, he has nothing which requires transferring at an immigration office.

NOT in the OPs case, he has nothing which requires transferring at an immigration office.

My point was he needs the letter if he has a new PP to ratify it...Sorry if I have confused things...facepalm.gif

whistling.gif I realize he is talking about the U.K. policy.....but I got a new U.S. passport on 26 June 2015, and the U.S. embassy still gave a transfer letter at that time which I took to the immigration to get my current visa transferred to my new passport when I visited them on the 5th of July.

Took about 15 minutes at Cheangwattana..

Need to have the usual copy of old passport I.D page and 1 passport photo for application with U.S. embassy letter presented.

As far as I know embassy letter with new passport is still U.S. embassy procedure.

Different countries, different procedures to follow.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Its always confusing when some posters say you dont need a letter, and others that you do, but thanks for all your input.

Agreed but you can rely on the fact that ubonjoe(a moderator) and several others have indicated there is no need for a letter.

I hope you saw the link I posted earlier which concerns the process you need to follow to obtain a new UK passport.

Its always confusing when some posters say you dont need a letter, and others that you do, but thanks for all your input.

Agreed but you can rely on the fact that ubonjoe(a moderator) and several others have indicated there is no need for a letter.

I hope you saw the link I posted earlier which concerns the process you need to follow to obtain a new UK passport.

Yes i did and thanks.