Attention Khon Kaeners,

allane

• 3 weeks later...

It closed on Aug. 30, if not before. I travelled to Khon Kaen on Aug. 31, and my bus terminated at Baw-khaw-saw 3. By chance, I was there again yesterday, Sept. 11, 2015. At least at present,there is free songthaew service from BKS 1 to BKS 3 on the #2 songthaew route. The songthaews even have banners on the side saying so. There is also SOME songthaew service on some other routes. The ones that go to/from BKS 3 have signs in the front window indicating that. Routes that I am aware of which offer at least periodic service to BKS 3 are #'s 4, 8 and 21, and I think there are more. I spoke to two of the drivers waiting at BKS 3, and asked them what time the last departure to the city is. One said 7 p.m., another said 8 p.m.,so it varies a bit, depending on the route. The #2 departs from in front of the Pink Bus terminal. The others depart from their own terminal in the middle of the complex, towards the east side (the side towards Hwy. 2). The regular fare of 9 baht applies.

Of course, walking through the terminal in your white skin, there are plenty of guys who will take you into town for B 150 or more. Time your arrival to be no later than about 6 p.m. (to allow for delays enroute), and use a songthaew to at least get you much closer to your actual destination.

Mr. Moderator: you may want to edit the first part of this, then pin the more permanent part in the Isaan Forum.

I should have added: While in BKS 3 yesterday, I asked for, and got, a songthaew map. They were well concealed under a jacket and other paper at the information counter in the regional terminal (I think they are calling that one Building 3) at the south side of the complex. There is also a songthaew map posted behind plexiglass at the songthaew terminal.