Automatic coffee machines, how to choose, which one do you have ? delonghi saeco minimex jrl ?

thailandforumaddict

Automatic coffee machines, how to choose, which one do you have ? delonghi saeco minimex jrl ?

Hello,

Getting bored with Nespresso I am looking for a fully automatic machine with the minimum care.

The most expensives ones on Lazada cost 100k but I wonder if we can have something good for cheaper ?

http://www.lazada.co.th/shop-coffee-machines-accessories/?sort=pricedesc&dir=desc&itemperpage=120

Can you tell me which machine you use and recommend ?

What do you have to clean and how often ?

Thank you for advices.

Check reviews first. I have a Krups fully auto in Bkk and a DeLonghi EC680 for my holiday home for its small footprint; both are good and have their pros and cons. I personally prefer the DL coffee but the Krups is much more convenient to use due to the single touch delivery and versatile portion control.

We have had a DeLonghi ec860 for a couple of months now. Lazarda have it for 20,800 baht.

Since we adjusted the portions to our preferred levels, it has made consistently good Cappuccino every morning on one button touch.

There are video demonstrations of most popular brands on Youtube.

From my experience in vast numbers of coffee shops the best machines are Nuova Simonelli, starting at about 50,000 Baht not cheap, but not 100K.

For me too expensive at this moment, so looking for a home coffee maker I've ordered the Bellman cx25p that gets very good reviews and is much cheaper.

I have a Nespresso back in the States, but bought a Nescafe Mini Me here. Cost was about 3500 baht. Works pretty much like Nespresso, but a bit more variety in the capsules. Much better design too. Coffee tastes about the same to me, but I am not a purist. 100k way out of my price range.

Very happy with Boncafé which is in the trade for 20+ years. Perfect after-sales in case your coffee maker is sick. The fully automatic machines with built-in grinder and easy-to-clean operation will be anything between THB 35K - THB 60K; but it is an investment which lasts - in my case - for 20 years.

I once brought a Gaggia lever espresso machine from Italy. It never worked properly.

Then I got a fully automatic Jura. Worked OK. But when broken, no service.

Then I got 3 Saecos. Repair at BonCafe in Phuket, is very expensive and takes a week or more.

I decided not to buy any fully automatic machines anymore.

Then I got a cheap Krups from Central. Just OK.

Now I got a Bezzera Strega. Lever machine. Makes excellent espressos/espressi.

My wife only drinks decaff. 2 or 3 cups a week. So I got her a Nespresso.

I tried 4 different systems to fill the capsules myself. Got bored with that.

A good repairman for espresso machines is Mr. Wichai from Aroma Coffee, in Phuket.

From my experience in vast numbers of coffee shops the best machines are Nuova Simonelli, starting at about 50,000 Baht not cheap, but not 100K.

For me too expensive at this moment, so looking for a home coffee maker I've ordered the Bellman cx25p that gets very good reviews and is much cheaper.

had a bellman many years ago. it has excellent steam pressure to steam milk but the espresso it makes is under par because it uses water temp too high from only tank that also makes steam. bellman today is not cheap anymore.

if you dont need fully automatic have a look at the electrolux espresso/cappuchino machine at about 7,000 baht. it is weighted and wont dance on the table like most small home machines. Makes quite a decent espresso also. can steam milk also but does not have commercial steam power.

go to central and they have many machines that can be demoed

I brought a DeLonghi Prima Donna Delux with me from Australia 3 years ago because they were not on sale here. Its a fantastic machine and when I came it was the best coffee I could get in Thailand. Thankfully slowly things are improving. I have had two issues with it because I use it 3 times a day and am able to get it repaired in BKK at their service centre. They even flew a part to Thailand with one of their execs once. You can now buy these machines here now and imo they are one of the best, cleanest and easiest to use.

Whatever you buy make sure it can be serviced

Edited by ICECOOL
  • Like 1

I brought a DeLonghi Prima Donna Delux with me from Australia 3 years ago because they were not on sale here. Its a fantastic machine and when I came it was the best coffee I could get in Thailand. Thankfully slowly things are improving. I have had two issues with it because I use it 3 times a day and am able to get it repaired in BKK at their service centre. They even flew a part to Thailand with one of their execs once. You can now buy these machines here now and imo they are one of the best, cleanest and easiest to use.

Whatever you buy make sure it can be serviced

PS last time I had to get it repaired they did it while I waited the afternoon before a public holiday...very nice people

I have had Saeco Royal automatic for about 10 years now. Perfect and very adjustable to your coffee preferences. Bought it at BonCafe and they have serviced it as needed (about yearly), expert and fast. Bought it for about 30k baht but the price has gone up very much since. Highly recommended.

• Like 1

Delonghi Magnifica Automatic Espresso mill bought in my origin country € 300 (b 11000 ) and taken him as checked baggage facepalm.gif

At the time there was no equivalent in Thailand less than 30000 b. Works perfectly well since 3 years. 15 cups each day.

Regarding coffee (Arabica for gourmets of course) one of the major problems is that it is too much roast for a main use in iced coffee. Choose a provider that offers various degrees of browning. Boncafe as said above in Pattaya and my friend Albert (say Prince Albert smile.png ) Alti Coffee at Chiang Mai Hang dong.

What else ? coffee1.gif

Edited by happy Joe

Very happy with Boncafé which is in the trade for 20+ years. Perfect after-sales in case your coffee maker is sick. The fully automatic machines with built-in grinder and easy-to-clean operation will be anything between THB 35K - THB 60K; but it is an investment which lasts - in my case - for 20 years.

I have no idea about coffee machines but the best Cappuccino I get is from a lady with a Boncafe machine , if I needed to buy one this is what I would get but I like going out for a good coffee.

post-232120-0-60448400-1440389319_thumb.

I'm not sure how serious you are about your coffee or how you drink it but for me it has to be Illy cafe.

I buy pods of my favourite coffee from Italy when I am there but you can buy them and the machines here in Siam paragon.

I like the quality and convenience of having an illy espresso machine. However, my next purchase will be one of these so that I can also heat milk for long drinks for the ladies who don't drink espresso ?

http://www.illy.com/wps/wcm/connect/mobile_en/products/x1-iperespresso

Or if you prefer with ground coffee...

http://www.illy.com/wps/wcm/connect/mobile_en/products/x1-ground-coffee

Edited by dunks

The UK consumer magazine Which ranked the DeLonghi Scultura ECZ351 as the best coffee machine

"this coffee machine will really satisfy those looking for an elegant model that can produce espressos and cappuccinos that impress the fiercest of coffee enthusiasts."

Pros: Excellent espressos, great milk frothing

Cons: It drips

• Like 1

The OP is certainly someone who loves quality coffee. I don't imagine they have any need for opinions from those of us with our 1000 baht coffeemakers.

IMHO.... They all suck...I have used a French press for 30 years...wonder coffee,

And I drink 6 cups a day....oh, Bon Cafe All Day roast is great....grind your own

Beans for fresh taste.

Bon Cafe is the by far the nastiest coffee I have ever had. I thought that maybe I just got a bad batch the first time I bought a bag. A second try several months later let me know that it's just the way the coffee tastes. I ordered a coffee in Ko Samet, and knew right away that the sludge they gave me was Bon Cafe. It's nastier than cheap instant.
A French Press really makes coffee taste so much better, it's almost magical. But I'm afraid making Bon Cafe even tolerable is like trying to turn poop into candy.

Have to agree with Timmyp on this - if I see a Boncafe sign outside a shop I will emulate Dionne Warwick and "Walk on by".Also, after their "repair" on my Simonelli Oscar they'll never get to work on any machine of mine again.

http://www.aromathailand.com/2015/product.php?catid=1&typeid=1&ch_lang=En have a good variety - My wife likes their medium roast executive blend.

http://www.northernthailand.com/duangdeecoffee/ Classic blend is still the best value (taste v price) for me. Around 350 baht a kilo, delivered.

I also have Delonghi Magnifica Automatic, have it for close to 10 years now I believe. Not a single problem, not a heavy user but maintenance wise is like a Nespresso machine. Very well made and reliable, I've seen newer machines, the foot prints are a lot smaller.

• Like 1