Somyot cannot affirm Bangkok bomber still in Thailand

webfact

BANGKOK BLAST
Somyot cannot affirm bomber still in Thailand

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Police Commissioner-General Pol Gen Somyot Pumpanmuang said Monday that he cannot affirm whether the Erawan Shrine bomber is still in Thailand.

Updating reporters a week after the bomb attack, Somyot said he could only say that so far there have been no evidences that the suspect has left the kingdom.

He said police have not yet ruled out any possible motives, including political conflicts, personal conflicts, business conflicts, ethnic and religious conflicts.

He added that police has disproved a report that the suspect has fled to Malaysia on an AirAsia flight. He said the Thai police sought cooperation from Malaysian authorities and AirAsia and found that suspect in the report is 185 centimetre tall, which is not the height of about 170cm of the Erawan shrine suspect.

Somyot added that police had checked the reports that the suspect had changed his shirt in Chulalongkorn Hospital to a grey shirt but the report could not be confirmed because security cameras in the hospital were out of service.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Somyot-cannot-affirm-bomber-still-in-Thailand-30267304.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-08-24

Of course he cannot confirm because they don't know who he/they are, but they are sure they are a foreigner. The average Thai male is 167 cm, compared to the suspect's 170 cm. They cannot be ruled out, given there are multiple groups that could have carried out the bombing. Most of what we get from the BiB are hunches without any sound evidence. They should only report to the press when thy have solid evidence.

Isn't this why they have soothsayers?

Suspect he's still in Thailand, in a shallow grave they made him dig himself.

I agree...he was most likely bumped off shortly after doing the deed..

I'm not sure why so many people jump to this conclusion. If the planners of the attack wanted him dead, they could have simply set off the explosive while it was on his back. Seems to me that would have been the easiest way to permanently silence him.

They have said this guy was staying in Bangkok for some time, so where was he staying. So there has not been a single hotel or guesthouse employee that has come forward to say he was staying here. Or maybe a landlord saying he rented a place from me. If they cannot track this guy to where he lived then they will never find him.

Well the three behind him look pretty pissed off. All this having to spend time investigating must be putting the mockers on some of their "informal" policing activities.

The one at the back with a grin on his face must have just popped inside and found out what goes on in there!

Edited by JAG

If the perps are reading all these press releases by the RTP then they must be feeling pretty confident right now. I am sure this will be another unsolved to go on the list of probably 90% of serious crime here in Thailand. This is the result of bought positions instead of advancement based on ability. Nothing will change until promotions are based on a persons ability. Not who gives the biggest envelope.

Yeah, because their too busy counting tea money and don't have time to do their damn work, neighter protect the public or follow up and stay updated with their "intelligents" for what it's worth... This is why Thailand is busy going to Hell..

Their own affairs and " sidelines " will always come first and f**ck the rest...

Edited by CapeThai

If the perps are reading all these press releases by the RTP then they must be feeling pretty confident right now. I am sure this will be another unsolved to go on the list of probably 90% of serious crime here in Thailand. This is the result of bought positions instead of advancement based on ability. Nothing will change until promotions are based on a persons ability. Not who gives the biggest envelope.

It's called Thai mentality my friend...

I don't get the PR benefit of having such a press conference in front of a go go bar especially named SUCKERS. At first I thought it was a satire piece. Is this a ploy to lure the international tourists? Really, really BIZARRE.

Indeed. Their judgement is not borderline, marginal, a bit off, line-ball, dubious or questionable....they're 100% clueless when it comes to the perception of such things.

I don't get the PR benefit of having such a press conference in front of a go go bar especially named SUCKERS. At first I thought it was a satire piece. Is this a ploy to lure the international tourists? Really, really BIZARRE.

Indeed. Their judgement is not borderline, marginal, a bit off, line-ball, dubious or questionable....they're 100% clueless when it comes to the perception of such things.

It's even weirder, the word SUCKERS, when you consider the "internal police conflict" theory possibility has been openly discussed in both the Thai and international press.

I guess this is yet another life lesson not the ever be SURPRISED by anything in Thailand news. No, I am not saying that I think the bombing was about an internal police conflict, but it is one of multiple POSSIBLE theories.

Edited by Jingthing

My short experience in Thailand is that most Thais are extremely inquisitive. I think that the perpetrator would have been identified now by hotel staff or people on the street had he been in this area. Also that everyone entering or leaving the Kingdom at airports is photographed. So they have not caught him this way, perhaps he has already escaped. But if he has already escaped Thailand, surely border control and airport authorities could confirm this. But he could still be in Thailand.