British-Thai actress 'Anna Reese' settles with family of dead policeman

webfact

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wife is actually lucky ... If it was a poor truck driver from essan he would have also fled the scene and even if they caught him she would not have got anything

She probably got around 3 million since she asked for 5 and was offered 2 and then they negotiated

The "famous actress" should be jailed as well but it could never happen to a hi so...

Lucky is her husband is still alive...

Hope she didn't pay over 1 million, it's already too much. I would prefer to definitively leave the country than paying any stupid amount for

>> that kind of people...<<..........What kind of people is that ..?

Accidents at night into the wee hours are deadly in Cambodia. most the time, if you survive the accident, the person that hit you will return to finish you off especially if a large trucking company will be liable for lifetime injuries. Dead they get off cheap. Compensation rarely seen in the Kingdom Of Wonder compared to The Land Of Smile.

Hope she didn't pay over 1 million, it's already too much. I would prefer to definitively leave the country than paying any stupid amount for that kind of people...

Your disrespectful and insensitive post will most likely make it to number one on my yearly Top 10 most disgusting TV Posts list for 2015. I will not write here what a kind of person I think you are, since it would be a waste of energy.

I love how all the expats here are outraged when this sorta stuff happens EVERY DAY!!! Quit trying to apply your western logic to thai laws...you should know by now that it DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY!! Now back to your bars where you can whine some more smile.png

If your post would truly represent the "true Australian" citizen's mindset, that continent would have been nuked off the map many decades ago...

Edited by MockingJay

I love how all the expats here are outraged when this sorta stuff happens EVERY DAY!!! Quit trying to apply your western logic to thai laws...you should know by now that it DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY!! Now back to your bars where you can whine some more smile.png

If your post would truly represent the "true Australian" citizen's mindset, that continent would have been nuked off the map many decades ago...

Its the same everywhere. The maladjusted just can't see it. Systems don't flaw, administrators and constituents there are your flaws. Internation in scope.

While I'm also disgusted by the smiles of the driver,, I'm also more disgusted at the fact it seems that,, ONLY, Thai lives matter,,,, Think back at recent TV news regarding this type of situation,,, 17 yr old, THAI girl, NO driver's license, texting,,, etc... causing an accident killing 9,, NINE tourist's,,, as far as Ive seen reported,,, NO $$$ compinsasion from her family to ANY of the NINE deceased TOURIST'S,,, NONE..(at least none was EVER reported).. No... 2 yrs probation, 6 months community service, No driving till 21 yrs old,, (all of which they seemed to feel was too "harsh", as they appealed it all), Thai bus driver, OVERTAKING a foreigner on a bicycle, on a DOWNHILL CURVE,,, ran him the HELL over,,, NOTHING in compinasion... NOTHING!!!!,,,, American CEO of Catipillar,, hacked to death with a Samuri sword by a, THAI taxi driver, over an argument of $14 baht,, If I remember correctly ,, $300 baht fine, and back in his cab the following week,,, (SHOCKING he didn't ask for $$ from the guys family to compinsate his losses of a week of no work)... And goes on and on, and on, if you're bored, and wanna do the searches on TVF,... I've NEVER seen a case, where a Thai person, was directly the cause of a Foreigner's death. where they were asked/forced, to offer, ANY type of $$$ compinsation to their victims families,,, NONE that I can recall anyway,,,, There are some I'm sure,,, but I'd bet they were ALSO to the, $$$ benefit of the RTP officer in charge of., "investigating" the incident... In the USA right now,, there's the big, "Black lives matter" thing going on,,,,, It'd be VERY easy to do the same here as in,,, "ONLY Thai lives matter!" and would be about 97% accurate,,, if not more,,,,

Edited by Adeeos

We have never heard the facts of this case . I suspect that Anna Reece wasn't entirely at fault ; many times driving at night , I have come up behind parked or very slow moving vehicles with no lights that one cannot see in the dark . The driver of a car that runs into another vehicle from behind is always legally at fault , even if the front driver actually caused the accident . In Thailand you can be charged with dangerous driving while sitting in a stationary parked car , but perhaps not if you are a police officer . Driving home in the early hours of the morning Anna Reece may have momentarily fallen asleep at the wheel . My guess is that both parties were to some degree at fault .

the facts,as they were known,were reported at the time,You obviously never read the report on TV when the accident happened, regarding the motor bike etc!

What baffles me is,in the report where she refused to pay the initial settlement of approx M6 Baht,it said her insurers were going to pay M1.2 Baht towards the settlement,which means they are accepting liability,which means they will probably write off the Merc,and give her a new one,no wonder she has a smile on her face!!!!!

I want to get my insurance policy with that company!!!!

I forgot to add...This was after she had refused to take a breathalyser at the scene,and going into hysterics,and only taking a blood test a day later when she possibly had no alcohol in her system,any Insurance company assessor doing their job according to their T&C's would have voided the policy on those grounds alone.

I think at the time of that accident, you could legally refuse a breathalyser test, not now. If you have no.1 insurance in Thailand they will pay out whatever the circumstances. Its not cheap but worth it.

Hope she didn't pay over 1 million, it's already too much. I would prefer to definitively leave the country than paying any stupid amount for that kind of people...

Your disrespectful and insensitive post will most likely make it to number one on my yearly Top 10 most disgusting TV Posts list for 2015. I will not write here what a kind of person I think you are, since it would be a waste of energy.

I don't mind saying what kind of person IT is, the problem is that the truth would probably result in the post being removed and I might also get a long holiday from TV.

However I am sure that anyone with any capacity to think will know the answer.

All your bar stools comments are SO FUNNY !

I would like to know if you would be happy to pay millions to someone who would have anyway never made them in a whole life (by being honest i mean...)

Easy to talk about others yes, but open your eyes and be honest 1 minute, even if you had this money which I doubt for most <3 would you give it when an insurance company is paid for this purpose ? You are just liars and internet shittalkers hidden behind your computers !

Why wasn't she breathalyzed ? and why wasn't she arrested ?

Because she's a rich (and amongst Thais well known) HiSo brat who had a Kodak-moment-alike fit resembling a naughty 5 year old in front of cameras while releasing excrement into her pants. Think the cops simply didn't want their police car stained with human feces... smile.png

Edited by MockingJay

The other time I was in an accident was with a Thai guy that hit me and he wanted me to pay him. He started saying it was my fault and I need to pay for his broken motorcycle. Reality was he was drunk and hit the side of my car. An off duty cop was right behind me and stopped. Of course he saw the whole thing. The cop asked me if I wanted him to call on duty cops to do a report, i told him depends on the guy that hit me if he wants to fight this and blame me. He went to speak to the drunk guy and the drunk guy started saying that I need to pay to fix his motorcycle, the cop told him I can smell the whisky on you and I saw you hit the expat. So do you really want to call the police or just go home? The drunk guy changed his mind and that was it.

You are arguing how fair things have played out for you when involved in road incidents here, but in the story above, a drunk guy crashed into your car, with the police witness to it all, and off he toddled home after trying to coerce money out of you. Unless your car was completely undamaged, it doesn't strike me as having been a particularly fair outcome.

I have top insurance so they paid everything and the damage was not much, a hubcap and a small scratch. The point is that the expat is not always being extorted as the other poster claimed that if it's an expats fault or not we are extorted for money.

I found the crash scene video immensely disturbing, great care was taken and long time was spent slowly displaying the driver's identification to the camera, and other signs of busyness and protocol were on full display, yet the most important test was missing. If Anna was not on drink or drugs, then this is simply a terrible unfortunate accident, but if she was drunk or high then this is a very serious crime. The difference between those two scenarios is huge, and can be determined by on-site drink/drug testing. Why this was not done, while great care was taken for all the other tiny details like filming close-ups of the driver IDs etc. is a mystery.

This gigantic error of not testing the surviving driver at an unusual and lethal crash scene, is shocking. Her opinions or social status are unimportant, she should be subject to standard mandatory testing process. Her actions after the crash are irrelevant, the only issue is the categorization of causing death by driving under the influence, or common tragic unfortunate accident, and we will never know which of those two opposites applies to this crash. In the case of DUI, she is a criminal, in the case of an unfortunate accident, she is a victim as much as the poor gentleman who died. It shocks me that basic tests were not taken to determine which of those two categories she belonged in.