British-Thai actress 'Anna Reese' settles with family of dead policeman

webfact

money, money, money it's disgusting how Thais prostitute ethics for money

Exactly. Just like when my next door neighbor's nine year old son was whacked in the back of the neck with a bamboo stick by his teacher because he was angry. It knocked him down. The boy was taken to the hospital and it took a number of stitches to close the cut. They had a big powwow next door. No police report, just 7,000 Baht from the teacher cleared everything up. School administrator did nothing to the teacher.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have never heard the facts of this case . I suspect that Anna Reece wasn't entirely at fault ; many times driving at night , I have come up behind parked or very slow moving vehicles with no lights that one cannot see in the dark . The driver of a car that runs into another vehicle from behind is always legally at fault , even if the front driver actually caused the accident . In Thailand you can be charged with dangerous driving while sitting in a stationary parked car , but perhaps not if you are a police officer . Driving home in the early hours of the morning Anna Reece may have momentarily fallen asleep at the wheel . My guess is that both parties were to some degree at fault .

The silver lining of those story for TV members is that in case any of us, god forbid, will be involved

in a similar situation, we know what to expect and what to pay....

There are clearly different tiers...

Tier higher than 1..Thai with money and influential family..

Tier 1. Thai with Money.

Tier 2. Thai without money.

Tier 3. Thai/falang TV star/celebrity.

Tier 4. Thai Buffalo.

Tier 5 Falang with no money.

Tier 6 Falang with lots of money or celebrity..

Each incident they just make up a price and threaten to throw you in jail unless you pay...

Plus the police always get a share......anyone who thinks different is blind to the facts..

Just wonder why this policeman was sleeping in his police car.

If you had read TV from the start of this case ,then ,you would have known he was running some errands,traffic was heavy,called his wife to say he was going to pull over and get some sleep,as he was tired.

Sorry this is a civil agreement for damages. Not a court case. In any case he will never come back to life. The driver knows that as much as anyone.

I am sad so many T.V. readers are so hateful and envious that other do financially well and they can't wait for them to suffer. What a shallow life they lead screaming ethics and wanting blood and punishment, not sympathy and do you fools think a smile is just a sign of delight in Thailand? It can show shame regret and ....well perils among swine I think.

But by the grace of God we all could be in her shoes. None of us have never done something stupid while driving.

We're not talking DUI here, the fact that she has reached a financial settlement with the family will go a long way in sentencing.

Putting her in jail for X years will serve no useful purpose, a long community sentence would be more appropriate.

Dumb comment of the day.

Going to prison could set a new standard that the rich and powerful also go to jail. It will make people think twice before acting as though they are untouchable.

Couldn't agree more and other comments on these lines fail to see what a reflection this is on the Thai system. The arrogance of the rich, the injustice to the aggrieved ( this happened all to often).

IMO, such a disgusting way to conclude that, which in most modern countries, was a criminal act of driving causing death!

Here...pay the fare and jobs done!.........understand there is a case against her for driving, but we all kmow where that will go now.

read the OP again. It says: "the actress who killed a police officer with her Mercedes Benz has settled for an undisclosed sum with the policeman’s family, though she still faces criminal proceedings."

Sorry this is a civil agreement for damages. Not a court case. In any case he will never come back to life. The driver knows that as much as anyone.

I am sad so many T.V. readers are so hateful and envious that other do financially well and they can't wait for them to suffer. What a shallow life they lead screaming ethics and wanting blood and punishment, not sympathy and do you fools think a smile is just a sign of delight in Thailand? It can show shame regret and ....well perils among swine I think.

But by the grace of God we all could be in her shoes. None of us have never done something stupid while driving.

Don't be sad. I have more money than that lady..it's has a sub context of how society is unfair here and how little progress can be made if money " sings".

Nothing to do with envy, that is a really stupid comment.its about people regardless of their wealth recognising that this is " unhealthy".

I live among rich Thais..there regard for the poorer elements of society is as if they do not exist..

Just look at the photo..disgraceful..

We have never heard the facts of this case . I suspect that Anna Reece wasn't entirely at fault ; many times driving at night , I have come up behind parked or very slow moving vehicles with no lights that one cannot see in the dark . The driver of a car that runs into another vehicle from behind is always legally at fault , even if the front driver actually caused the accident . In Thailand you can be charged with dangerous driving while sitting in a stationary parked car , but perhaps not if you are a police officer . Driving home in the early hours of the morning Anna Reece may have momentarily fallen asleep at the wheel . My guess is that both parties were to some degree at fault .

the facts,as they were known,were reported at the time,You obviously never read the report on TV when the accident happened, regarding the motor bike etc!

What baffles me is,in the report where she refused to pay the initial settlement of approx M6 Baht,it said her insurers were going to pay M1.2 Baht towards the settlement,which means they are accepting liability,which means they will probably write off the Merc,and give her a new one,no wonder she has a smile on her face!!!!!

I want to get my insurance policy with that company!!!!

the facts,as they were known,were reported at the time,You obviously never read the report on TV when the accident happened, regarding the motor bike etc!

What baffles me is,in the report where she refused to pay the initial settlement of approx M6 Baht,it said her insurers were going to pay M1.2 Baht towards the settlement,which means they are accepting liability,which means they will probably write off the Merc,and give her a new one,no wonder she has a smile on her face!!!!!

I want to get my insurance policy with that company!!!!

I forgot to add...This was after she had refused to take a breathalyser at the scene,and going into hysterics,and only taking a blood test a day later when she possibly had no alcohol in her system,any Insurance company assessor doing their job according to their T&C's would have voided the policy on those grounds alone.

Shes smiling as she is probably about to go to the benz dealer and after negotiating the settlement down a few million can now upgrade to an AMG version. Maybe she should opt for the ones with forward facing radar.....

IMO, such a disgusting way to conclude that, which in most modern countries, was a criminal act of driving causing death!

Here...pay the fare and jobs done!.........understand there is a case against her for driving, but we all kmow where that will go now.

driving causing death without mitigating circumstances (rain, a crash in front, etc.) is manslaughter at least.

was he parked off the road or on it?

anytime one causes the death of a police officer I would think it is considered a more serious crime. ronnie red bull had to move to singapore to escape his conviction. and i think he paid a couple million Baht as well.

honestly, life in Thailand is around 2 MB. look at insurance policies, and court verdicts. if there is malice involved it goes up, but the cost of a human life is around 45 - 55,000 US Dollars. every country has a value for this.

To her, she thinks she is in a set of one of her cheap appearances, she is smiling or laughing, she is acting or thinks it is a photo shoot opportunity, a public appearance, totally out of this world, no sense of grief or feeling of the enormity of what she has done to the family, the children.. She has taken a life

Reese looks like an exceptionally shallow, callous, and thoughtless individual. For her to be beaming like this, for this photo opp, shows an incredible degree of insensitivity. Does she understand what this wife of the deceased man is going through? Does she have any clue? Or was this just another obstacle to overcome? Job done. Time to move on. Oh that's right, I did kill a man. Hmm.

I find it distasteful she came made up, wearing a light print dress to such an event and place.

come to think of it, she is actually in the same character she was at the scene of the accident, crying over the body, then stomping her feet and screaming NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ! when they told her she had to go to the police station for questioning and paperwork, etc. she needed hair and make up and at least a change of wardrobe, as she had shat her pants.

if the deal is set then the family get cash and probadly a pension for life from the government.so everyone happy except maybe the one who has paid the huge fee to the family.then she has paid the debt and it all will fade away in time

The government pays a pension? Enlighten me.

The photo says everything the killer is full of smiles knowing she can now afford a new merc whilst the victims wife shows her disgust that once again the wealthy of Thailand can bribe there way out of killing someone Life in Thailand is meaningless as far as the elitists are concerned !!!

She has lost face, and money, and has not fully got out of the woods yet. Lets hope the charges stick and she has to squirm some more

Sad way to think, none of us know the full facts, none of us were there, at least stay neutral, or is it trial by Thai Visa !!

Would the thoughts may the policeman family and the actress all recover from this awful trauma be better

Remember what goes around comes around, misfortune and bad luck can hit us all, and we would hope not to be prejudged; but then Thai Visa will ensure we are!!

My twopence worth for what it might be worth

I know it's only a photo but the recipient of money looks unhappy and the provider of compensation looks pleased.

Something tells me the wife has been short changed.

Not only short changed but threatened into accepting the payment is my guess.

read the OP again. It says: "the actress who killed a police officer with her Mercedes Benz has settled for an undisclosed sum with the policeman’s family, though she still faces criminal proceedings."

You don't believe that a happy outcome to these criminal proceedings was not discussed or already concluded as part of the settlement "deal", then ?

Note where these meetings took place for a clue.

Don't be sad. I have more money than that lady..it's has a sub context of how society is unfair here and how little progress can be made if money " sings".

Nothing to do with envy, that is a really stupid comment.its about people regardless of their wealth recognising that this is " unhealthy".

I live among rich Thais..there regard for the poorer elements of society is as if they do not exist..

Just look at the photo..disgraceful..

Don't be sad. I have more money than that lady

Oh dear in my opinion only, what arrogance, what a lack of class, inherited money ;self made by hard work, or illegal money I wonder

Maybe with so much money you should be elected Judge for Thai Visa Court, and can be a bit like Thailand only money counts

Beware there comes a time of reckoning

May God be with you and grant you some compassion

How many can honestly say they have never been distracted while driving, or been close to falling asleep, or even over the alcohol limit? In my youth I have been lucky to get away with driving in conditions I should not have been. It is so easy to judge. The point of the settlement is that the family of the victim has lost their breadwinner, and the compensation is to cover that. How is that wrong? Prosecution is a separate matter.

I don't like the scene in the picture either, BTW.

The silver lining of those story for TV members is that in case any of us, god forbid, will be involved

in a similar situation, we know what to expect and what to pay....

There are clearly different tiers...

Tier higher than 1..Thai with money and influential family..

Tier 1. Thai with Money.

Tier 2. Thai without money.

Tier 3. Thai/falang TV star/celebrity.

Tier 4. Thai Buffalo.

Tier 5 Falang with no money.

Tier 6 Falang with lots of money or celebrity..

Each incident they just make up a price and threaten to throw you in jail unless you pay...

Plus the police always get a share......anyone who thinks different is blind to the facts..

Do you really believe this?

I have been in an accident a few times in Thailand. In both cases I did not have to pay anything, nor threatened to go to jail...nothing.

I was at fault the one time and the lady I hit was really nice, my insurance showed up took care of everything. The cop was really nice and the lady I hit even gave me a ride home as my car was towed.

The other time I was in an accident was with a Thai guy that hit me and he wanted me to pay him. He started saying it was my fault and I need to pay for his broken motorcycle. Reality was he was drunk and hit the side of my car. An off duty cop was right behind me and stopped. Of course he saw the whole thing. The cop asked me if I wanted him to call on duty cops to do a report, i told him depends on the guy that hit me if he wants to fight this and blame me. He went to speak to the drunk guy and the drunk guy started saying that I need to pay to fix his motorcycle, the cop told him I can smell the whisky on you and I saw you hit the expat. So do you really want to call the police or just go home? The drunk guy changed his mind and that was it.

So your idea that they just make up an amount and threaten to throw you in jail if you don't pay is just BS. I'm not saying that what you say never happens as I'm sure it does as there

are allot of corrupt police, but it's not like that is standard procedure. I have several expat friends that have been in accidents and same thing no problems, insurance paid, no extortion or jail terms.

Guys like you hear of one story and then tell everyone this happens all the time, when in reality it is the exception and not the norm.

Edited by ericthai