British-Thai actress 'Anna Reese' settles with family of dead policeman

webfact

She has lost face, and money, and has not fully got out of the woods yet. Lets hope the charges stick and she has to squirm some more

Money has made the problem go away. This news drop off of the radar. Forget criminal charges its hugs and kisses all around. Its funny how a little money spread around makes everyone friends.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is absolutely shameful to see this so called actress smiling at the widow as though

all is forgiven. She should have been breathalysed at the scene there and then, and punished

for speeding. But yes she was too good in 'hi so' to have that inconvenience!

It was an accident, he should not have been parked there and she should not have been speeding.. stuff happens... RIP to the sleeping policeman, and sympathy for his family... next.

The wife is actually lucky ... If it was a poor truck driver from essan he would have also fled the scene and even if they caught him she would not have got anything

She probably got around 3 million since she asked for 5 and was offered 2 and then they negotiated

The "famous actress" should be jailed as well but it could never happen to a hi so...

Without getting to involved in the in's and out 's, has it been finally established that she was criminally at fault or was it an accident with some blame on both sides.

Killing a copper accidently or intentionally puts you behind the 8 ball before the start any investigation.

The silver lining of those story for TV members is that in case any of us, god forbid, will be involved

in a similar situation, we know what to expect and what to pay....

Hmmm, you think we can expect to pay the Thai price? I have a funny feeling in this situation double pricing would have a whole new meaning.

She has lost face, and money, and has not fully got out of the woods yet. Lets hope the charges stick and she has to squirm some more

this skank will do it again......wait for it .....her only reason for life is to hurt others ......

Without getting to involved in the in's and out 's, has it been finally established that she was criminally at fault or was it an accident with some blame on both sides.

Killing a copper accidently or intentionally puts you behind the 8 ball before the start any investigation.

Refused the alcohol test would make it criminal offence in most cases

As would fleeing the scene...

Im pretty sure she didn't intend it to happen but that doesn't mean it wasn't her fault..

You should not be driving faster than you can stop, even if the police car was parked in the middle of the road broken down or whatever

Under current law, if you hit something in front of you because you didn't have enough reaction time to use the brakes and stop , it's generally your fault but in this case she hit a car parked on the hard shoulder so 100% her fault imo

"Both parities are satisfied"!!!

Give me a break!!! She's the only one satisfied because she's basically off the hook! While the guy's wife has lost her husband and no amount of money can replace that!

No matter how long I live in Thailand, I will never understand this acceptance of being able to financially compensate for killing someone and only being marginally criminally prosecuted for it. It just boggles my mind!!

not difficult at all to believe; in thailand money is the "higher power"

Sorry this is a civil agreement for damages. Not a court case. In any case he will never come back to life. The driver knows that as much as anyone.

I am sad so many T.V. readers are so hateful and envious that other do financially well and they can't wait for them to suffer. What a shallow life they lead screaming ethics and wanting blood and punishment, not sympathy and do you fools think a smile is just a sign of delight in Thailand? It can show shame regret and ....well perils among swine I think.

But by the grace of God we all could be in her shoes. None of us have never done something stupid while driving.

All make mistakes - for sure.

Driving recklessly, allegedly, racing a high powered motor bike, possibly texting or talking on phone, maybe had a drink or other substance, speeding?

We'll never know because the police didn't bother to breathalyser her, allowed her to leave the scene and without being fully questioned, seemed not to bother following up a witness and are themselves the subject of an investigation into how they acted.

It's that appalling disregard for the law, by the local police too, and the pantomime she's instigated since, turning up at the funeral and intruding, claiming the ghost has forgiven her, being a nun - for a week, promising to do all she could to help the family, then haggling for a low payment.

It's her behavior that people have found unacceptable. Nothing to do with envy, greed, hatred but more to do with frustration at the injustice and ability of certain elements of society to seemingly avoid taking responsibility and accountability for their actions whilst authorities turn a blind eye.

And you call others fools.

I didn't follow this case closely. Were answers published to the following questions?

1. Was the policeman drunk?

2. Was it legal to park where he did?

3. Did he have his seat belt on?

Blaming the victim, huh?

All the 3 points are not at all important!

If SHE would not have been speeding and probably been under the influence (we will never know, because in thsi country you can actually be too distressed to give a breathalyzer- test!), none of this would have happened!

He PARKED his car!

At a reasonable speed, she would have SEEN the car and would have been able to avoid a crash!

I didn't follow this case closely. Were answers published to the following questions?

1. Was the policeman drunk?

2. Was it legal to park where he did?

3. Did he have his seat belt on?

no

yes

as the car was stationery ,and parked up that is not a relevant question.

I think it is absolutely shameful to see this so called actress smiling at the widow as though

all is forgiven. She should have been breathalysed at the scene there and then, and punished

for speeding. But yes she was too good in 'hi so' to have that inconvenience!

It was an accident, he should not have been parked there and she should not have been speeding.. stuff happens... RIP to the sleeping policeman, and sympathy for his family... next.

Don't know enough of the details in this case to fully judge, but with regards the "accidents will happen" way of thinking that you go along with, there are countless times in a day when driving in Thailand that i witness someone doing something completely idiotic that could so easily have led to fatalities - sod's law it wouldn't of course be their own life but some other poor bastard - and i do not believe that these people who are driving this way are oblivious of the potential danger of what they are doing, and i also don't believe their actions are occasional one-offs.

I think they know full well that their actions are dangerous but in their minds they obviously feel the risks are worth taking. Well OK. Not much as a fellow road user you can do about people like that, apart from give them a wide berth and keep your fingers crossed that you never become one of the ones paying for their willing recklessness and stupidity. One thing i would not do though is to give them the benefit of the "accidents do happen" argument when things go wrong.

Yes of course accidents do happen, and maybe this is one such case, but the high speed of the collision (as evidenced by the massive damage to the car), combined with suspected intoxication, makes me extremely doubtful.

Edited by rixalex

Exactly - it's not like she ran over a hedgehog crossing the road in the dark

She hit a police car, it was parked on the hard shoulder, she hit it so fast the policeman was killed instantly, she fled the scene and later when she was caught she refused to take an alcohol test... Way too many factors for her to be smiling about this case..

Slap that smile off your face lady. You killed someone. At least show some sensitivity.

personally i think she should not pay a penny. he was asleep in the car where he should not have been, and any settlement is tantamount to extortion.

If the family believes that they deserve money let them pursue it through the courts or pursue criminal charges.

Lawsuits and criminal investigation into the handling of the scene and release of Ms Reese should also be lodged against the royal thai police force.

given the nature of the whole debacle i think she would have been an idiot to not negotiate.

the fact that she was not breathalyzed would have resulted in an inability to press charges in most courts of law.

Edited by HooHaa

Slap that smile off your face lady. You killed someone. At least show some sensitivity.

personally i think she should not pay a penny. he was asleep in the car where he should not have been, and any settlement is tantamount to extortion.

If the family believes that they deserve money let them pursue it through the courts or pursue criminal charges.

Lawsuits and criminal investigation into the handling of the scene and release of Ms Reese should also be lodged against the royal thai police force.

given the nature of the whole debacle i think she would have been an idiot to not negotiate.

the fact that she was not breathalyzed would have resulted in an inability to press charges in most courts of law.

Either way,even if she refused to be breathalysed or they decided not to because she was in a panic attack

She would still be negligent in leaving the scene of a fatal accident and driving so fast she vapourised another vehicle that was PARKED in her merc

Either way,even if she refused to be breathalysed or they decided not to because she was in a panic attack

She would still be negligent in leaving the scene of a fatal accident and driving so fast she vapourised another vehicle that was PARKED in her merc

how can she be negligent in leaving the scene if the police were there and let her go?

Exactly - it's not like she ran over a hedgehog crossing the road in the dark

She hit a police car, it was parked on the hard shoulder, she hit it so fast the policeman was killed instantly, she fled the scene and later when she was caught she refused to take an alcohol test... Way too many factors for her to be smiling about this case..

She didn't flee the scene, however she did refuse to be taken in on account of trauma (all the acting must have taken its toll, to be fair), then handed herself in, voluntarily, 10 hours later for a more suitable blood sample.

Edited by coulson

Sorry this is a civil agreement for damages. Not a court case. In any case he will never come back to life. The driver knows that as much as anyone.

I am sad so many T.V. readers are so hateful and envious that other do financially well and they can't wait for them to suffer. What a shallow life they lead screaming ethics and wanting blood and punishment, not sympathy and do you fools think a smile is just a sign of delight in Thailand? It can show shame regret and ....well perils among swine I think.

But by the grace of God we all could be in her shoes. None of us have never done something stupid while driving.

Don't be sad. I have more money than that lady..it's has a sub context of how society is unfair here and how little progress can be made if money " sings".

Nothing to do with envy, that is a really stupid comment.its about people regardless of their wealth recognising that this is " unhealthy".

I live among rich Thais..there regard for the poorer elements of society is as if they do not exist..

Just look at the photo..disgraceful..

Don't be sad. I have more money than that lady

Oh dear in my opinion only, what arrogance, what a lack of class, inherited money ;self made by hard work, or illegal money I wonder

Maybe with so much money you should be elected Judge for Thai Visa Court, and can be a bit like Thailand only money counts

Beware there comes a time of reckoning

May God be with you and grant you some compassion

Firstly you have completely mis read my post. You saw red without reading the rest!!

I knew that comment would irritate some farang(s)

I made it in the context of the response of equating wealth with privilege and therefore thinking it's ok in terms of injustice and the diminishing of another individual as if it is a right and that it was better than justice dispensed at home , which is complete nonsense. For no other reason .

From a uk council estate, single parent, free school meals(the blue tickets)..probably the kids you sneered at in school. Worked since 14. Came here late 70's after uni,worked in college.. made my money in Asia, invested wisely back in the uk. Don't mind being called a farang, don't care if I am not accepted- I am a foreigner , married here in the eighties ( work, almost same age..shock horror !),sin sod not an issue, made great foreign friends here, unlike most who seem to want to avoid their own like the plague. Stand up for myself, as oppose to many who seem to bend at the slightest pressure, been scammed here by foreigners and Thais and used the legal system to go after them with some success ,don't see myself as a guest and don't really care what Thais think. My car is 10 years old, have 3 homes here ( not flash), very proud of my home country for giving me the opportunities it did, yet many on here can't bitch enough about home..

Did voluntary school work up in Issan when coloured pencils were seen as a treat..a lot more since..

It's a complete myth that you can't come here and make a decent living..

You are throwing your silly jibes at the wrong person..

But for sure. I dislike the following;

1. Equal opportunity is almost non-existent for the less well off and getting worse.

2. The photo represents those that have the advantages how they treat that advantage . We all know money gives privileges but it seems an inbuilt "right " for those who haven't earned it.

3. The rich seem to have a complete disdain for the poor.

4. The education system needs to be improved. I benefited from it enormously in the uk, there are many here who would too.

5. Farangs who want to be like Thais.

6. A recent phenomena ..pointed out to me by another user on this forum about how some farangs seem to be so jealous of other farangs, must admit that went over my head but now I see it almost constantly and in always a negative context on this forum- seems you have proved him right.

1-4 anyone who has a family will want things to change. Just because I have money doesn't mean my daughter won't marry the d..head she is dating now who seems to have no financial acumen at all. I have invested most of my life here my family is here, my grandchildren ( if any) will probably live here..I want a better society....nothing wrong with that.

Unless you are a sexpat..

I don't usually reply to inane posts, but yours was way off base..but I guess you could interpret my post differently..

As for inheriting money...

Inherited 0 baht

Taxes. Millions of baht ( always legit).

Some thaivisa posts - priceless

I'm sorry to say this bluntly but actors/actresses are not notorious for being interested in other people. The person they are interested in, first and foremost, is themselves, in a somewhat pathological way.

It doesn't have anything to do with their talent and/or their fame, it just seems to come along with the job. It doesn't mean they can't be 'nice' either. To ask for sensitivity in this case is to ask for empathy, but you can't expect a donkey to speak latin.

Now it must be pointed out that the society we live in does not help actors to overcome this neurosis, on the contrary it does everything it can to inflate it out of proportion. All the media treat actors like Gods and Goddesses and act as if fame was in itself an extraordinary achievment, to the point where fame in- and for itself, rather than mastering an art, is now the goal of most younger people.

How undignified is death in this country.Our former pooyai just suicided because of money problems.Out comes the death tally book on who paid what last time.People borrowing money and calling in debts to pay tambun.Leaves a sour taste in my mouth.All the freeloaders to be fed until the "lucky day" arrives.Monks hitting widow up for money to perform rites.

if the deal is set then the family get cash and probadly a pension for life from the government.so everyone happy except maybe the one who has paid the huge fee to the family.then she has paid the debt and it all will fade away in time

Do you really think the widow would be happy?Don't judge others by your values.