British-Thai actress 'Anna Reese' settles with family of dead policeman

webfact

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slap that smile off your face lady. You killed someone. At least show some sensitivity.

Agreed 100%...

Clearly she does not give a f*!!!.. just some crazy-funny game to her (except when she obviously thought she couldn't make a good enough 'deal'!!).. 'Everybody's satisfied'..!!??#$%^%#$#@!!!??? You reckon?.. where does 'satisfied' even come into it when a family have lost someone??? .. the family are taking what they can get, fair enough for them.. but SHE needs to wake up and realise exactly what she's done and how those repercussions, that hurt, she's begun will not ever go away!!!.. anyone saying (as I've read) that it's all ok, done and paid for, really do not ever want to 'slip' and take the loved one of someone who will take back the same, life for a life and all that, if you think some deal would be ok to 'put things right'!!! A smile for the family (and cameras!)? How lovely!! What a c*!!!!!!! (and apparently there's a lot out there!!!)... wai.gif

How many can honestly say they have never been distracted while driving, or been close to falling asleep, or even over the alcohol limit? In my youth I have been lucky to get away with driving in conditions I should not have been. It is so easy to judge. The point of the settlement is that the family of the victim has lost their breadwinner, and the compensation is to cover that. How is that wrong? Prosecution is a separate matter.

I don't like the scene in the picture either, BTW.

Going hysterical at the scene and refusing to take an alchol test ,and trying to lessen the payout ,removes any sympathy for her from me .The iceing on the cake is the picture above .

Edited by anto

Tbh the pic just makes me want to give rees a <deleted>--kin good slap. I really hope she does hard time for this kiling,Even for refusing the breath test imo she should do time. Trouble is, like it or not, Thailand is a nation of drink drivers so I wouldnt rule out there being enuf empathy around for her to walk with something like probation or a token punishment.

rijit

I think the photo says it all... If I'd been there at the time, I'd wiped that "winning smile" off that HiSo biatche's face with a baseball bat, good and proper. Bet the police officer in charge, talking the widow into signing the agreement got a good share too. You can see in Mrs. Wongbundit's face how much in agreement she really is and what emotional pain she's going through... Thailand - where anyone can get away with murder, given that he has enough cash...
beatdeadhorse.gif

She has lost face, and money, and has not fully got out of the woods yet. Lets hope the charges stick and she has to squirm some more

Sad way to think, none of us know the full facts, none of us were there, at least stay neutral, or is it trial by Thai Visa !!

Would the thoughts may the policeman family and the actress all recover from this awful trauma be better

Remember what goes around comes around, misfortune and bad luck can hit us all, and we would hope not to be prejudged; but then Thai Visa will ensure we are!!

My twopence worth for what it might be worth

Do not judge others. Yes, very noble and idealistic. I'd love to think that in general I'm this way myself.. but lets be honest, we KNOW she's killed, albeit by a stupid careless accident, and that she's whittled some agreement of a 'suitable sum' to get out of it.. been praying too she reckons!! This is KNOWN, admitted, but just as clearly can be seen the big smile on her face!!.. now I'm not 'judging' this to mean she's ever had 'evil' intentions but I hardly HAVE TO 'judge' to say she's clearly not racked with remorse, do I?!! Yes, the bereaved family deserve all our thoughts and best wishes.. just believe that this should be her 'focus', too.. not (admitted) deals and evident smiles, especially whilst in the presence of the family of the one whose life she's taken!!! wai.gif

Edited by spectrumisgreen

"Both parities are satisfied"!!!

Give me a break!!! She's the only one satisfied because she's basically off the hook! While the guy's wife has lost her husband and no amount of money can replace that!

No matter how long I live in Thailand, I will never understand this acceptance of being able to financially compensate for killing someone and only being marginally criminally prosecuted for it. It just boggles my mind!!

Life is cheap in Thailand. The attitude is what's a few deaths in a country of 67 million? Witness the lack of safety regulations, the breaking of what they do have and the corruption that consequently endangers lives throughout most strata of Thai governance. Whether that means not wearing seat belts with impunity or not earthing your homes through to perverting the halls of justice. Therein lies your answer.It is not until Thai's travel outside their own country do they come to understand that their huge pride and loyalty to Thailand as the number one country is often a little misplaced.

We're not talking DUI here, the fact that she has reached a financial settlement with the family will go a long way in sentencing.

Putting her in jail for X years will serve no useful purpose, a long community sentence would be more appropriate.

Cant agree with that and tbh cant see how you can justify that. After killing some one in a stationary vehicle she refused to take a breath test!!! Really!!! She should have ' the book thrown at her. D and d ing in thai society needs to be dealt with , trouble is they, no matter on social position tend all 2 think its ok.

rijit

The picture speaks for itself.

Yes it tells me this car-murdering, responsibility-dodging actress is exactly the kind of person her previous actions made me suspect she is.

For her own peace of mind she better not believe in the karma of retribution, but I wager she'll sleep like a baby tonight.

Just wonder why this policeman was sleeping in his police car.

If you took time to do some research and read the original post then you would not have to wonder. This has been answered many times but just for your sake there was nothing untoward in his doing so.

We have never heard the facts of this case . I suspect that Anna Reece wasn't entirely at fault ; many times driving at night , I have come up behind parked or very slow moving vehicles with no lights that one cannot see in the dark . The driver of a car that runs into another vehicle from behind is always legally at fault , even if the front driver actually caused the accident . In Thailand you can be charged with dangerous driving while sitting in a stationary parked car , but perhaps not if you are a police officer . Driving home in the early hours of the morning Anna Reece may have momentarily fallen asleep at the wheel . My guess is that both parties were to some degree at fault .

You should never be driving too fast to hit the vehicle in front, that's all there is in the argument

If visibility is bad because of darkness or any other reason then you need to slow down

If the cop was really asleep, I don't expect him to have slept with the flashing lights on but to hit a police car and refuse the alcohol test is usually a crime in itself

Unfortunately this scumbag lady is rich and probably connected so she's more important than the person she killed

Quite similar to the red bull grandson who crashed into the policeman and didn't even stop...

The picture speaks for itself.

Yes it tells me this car-murdering, responsibility-dodging actress is exactly the kind of person her previous actions made me suspect she is.

For her own peace of mind she better not believe in the karma of retribution, but I wager she'll sleep like a baby tonight.

YET the THAI guy that killed the foreign around the world cyclist was only fined 1000 baht,,,,,,Shows what thai's think of foreigners!! How is what Anna did any different...oh it was a thai that died,,,,,,

Edited by theonetrueaussie

The other time I was in an accident was with a Thai guy that hit me and he wanted me to pay him. He started saying it was my fault and I need to pay for his broken motorcycle. Reality was he was drunk and hit the side of my car. An off duty cop was right behind me and stopped. Of course he saw the whole thing. The cop asked me if I wanted him to call on duty cops to do a report, i told him depends on the guy that hit me if he wants to fight this and blame me. He went to speak to the drunk guy and the drunk guy started saying that I need to pay to fix his motorcycle, the cop told him I can smell the whisky on you and I saw you hit the expat. So do you really want to call the police or just go home? The drunk guy changed his mind and that was it.

You are arguing how fair things have played out for you when involved in road incidents here, but in the story above, a drunk guy crashed into your car, with the police witness to it all, and off he toddled home after trying to coerce money out of you. Unless your car was completely undamaged, it doesn't strike me as having been a particularly fair outcome.

Slap that smile off your face lady. You killed someone. At least show some sensitivity.

Do we assume, though, that he was sleeping on duty and if he had been awake and vigilant he would be with us today?

Maybe not unusual for police to be asleep on duty though.

Sorry this is a civil agreement for damages. Not a court case. In any case he will never come back to life. The driver knows that as much as anyone.

I am sad so many T.V. readers are so hateful and envious that other do financially well and they can't wait for them to suffer. What a shallow life they lead screaming ethics and wanting blood and punishment, not sympathy and do you fools think a smile is just a sign of delight in Thailand? It can show shame regret and ....well perils among swine I think.

But by the grace of God we all could be in her shoes. None of us have never done something stupid while driving.

For God's sake, stop defending her.

Of course we all make mistakes, but we don't drink and drive and then kill someone in the process.

Who is using the family brain cell today?

Edited by teacherpaul

She certainly has no shame. Only a few months ago, her actions took the life of a husband and father, she then fled the scene and when she returned put on one of the best acts one could see, screaming, crying and running about the area like a banshee, no doubt a presentation for the media who were in attendance. She then allegedly repents for a week at a temple, and now look at her, not one ounce of compassion, never then and not now.

What a smack in the face for a grieving wife, who must have turned cold when the media staged this photo op and she had to touch and then have the person who took the life of her husband, touch her and then smile as if nothing had happened. One day there will be karma.

Edited by Si Thea01

Don't know for sure but I think I would prefer a sum of money between 2-5 Million Baht in my pocket then get nothing and the culprit go to jail for a couple of years if they had killed a member of my family in a road accident!, just saying!