Ranong to Myanmar Border Bounce

You need to get a longtail boat over to Burma, takes about 30 mins not sure of the price, its been a while since I have done it.

Did that once, sat in the hot sun with no shelter all the way across and then when i came back it pissed with rain. No more longtail for me, i use the CLUB ANDAMAN crossing, sit in an aircon cabin cruiser. 30 mins each way, about Bht900. return.

Edited by oldsailor35
  • Like 1

i have done it at least 5 times in the last 2 years as my gf needs leave every 90 days,

always pay 400 baht for the boat,R/T every boat has always had a cover,

never any problem

if go via Andaman would cost US 1,800 vs 400 no thanks

Do they charge for a Visa or just a stamp like before?

if u need a re entry stamp back into Thailand( double tourist visa, 1 year non b or O visa)

you pay $10 for Burma to stamp ur passport (arrival/departure)

you can not get a visa on arrival in Burma

you can get a visa pre- approved but only good for flying in

my gf is Cambodian so she gets visa exempt into Burma for14 days

i just go along for the ride and do not stamp put of Thailand or into /out of Burma

:-)

• Like 2

I did this a few times with a visa hop company from Phuket. The last couple of times I had to do it I just gave them my passport and sat in Thailand drinking beer while they went and got it stamped. I probably paid for the boat and a bit extra for the privilege I can't remember exactly how it worked but it was worth it to not have to go on the boat.

went there yesterday and I only have 2 exempt stamps in my passport and the REFUSED to let me out the country saying a new rule is now in place. If you have been in Thailand more than 90 days you have to fly out and back.

Was a bummer because I drove nearly 5 hours from Krabi in rain Ive never experienced before to be told this. So just take heed, Its a risk at this border.