Can Anyone Explain What This Guy Is Talking About?

Michael W

My Thai girlfriend's English is unfortunately not good enough to explain to me. I heard 'torasop' said a couple of times, so I was at least able to confirm that part of it was to say that laws against non-court-ordered phone tapping would be strictly enforced, but he said a great deal more that I'd like to know about.

TV-Announcement.jpg

BTW, I know it was neither intended nor with any basis in truth, but the guy's whole demeaner and presentation really had an Orwellian Big Brother quality to it. A bit of a smile occasionally would help him come across a little more reassuringly. Just a friendly tip. :o

he is the spokesman for the leaders of the coup.

he broadcasts to the good people of thailand the latest pronouncements , rules , regulations etc. as they are released by the junta.? ..... is that the right word?

today he has been talking about the pronouncement that bans the media and others from using phone tapping to obtain and spread information that might be detrimental to the security of the country , and the penalties for those who are found to be breaking these laws.

he also announces appointments made by the junta.

today he has been talking about the pronouncement that bans the media and others from using phone tapping to obtain and spread information that might be detrimental to the security of the country , and the penalties for those who are found to be breaking these laws.

he also announces appointments made by the junta.

Thanks!

todays pronouncements

The Council for Democratic Reform under Constitutional Monarchy Sunday issued its 21st announcement to ban wiretapping.

The announcement imposes five years jail term and or Bt100,000 fine on anyone who eavesdrop on conversations through telephones or other ways of communications. Persons who abuse information or disclose information from such eavesdropping will also be liable to the same penalties.

The announcement also subjects anyone who is informed of information from wiretapping to the same penalties if he or she relay the information or makes use of it.

The announcement says the masterminds behind the wiretapping will be subjected to two-fold penalties.

It says if the wrongdoers are concessionaires of any type of telecom services, the concession will terminated.

The Council for Democratic Reform under Constitutional Monarchy Sunday issued its 22nd announcement to ban activities of local politicians.

The CDRM said in the statement that tambon administrative organizations and provincial administrative organisations as well as other organisatons must halt their political activities either in support or opposition to the CDRM for fear that they could lead to problems causing further rifts in the society.

The CDRM said these organisations must halt their political activities until the country returns to normal situation.

You'd think he would smile for your picture. :D:D

Or at least do something about his hair, looks like a strong breeze coming from his right. :D

That – plus the M & S Nylon shirt (OK maybe a “clone” but who the blazes would copy one of those?) and suspiciously looking clip-on tie.

:o

Patrick

How do you guys communicate and form a relationship if both of you are unable to transverse in the others language? :o
We're able to understand each other on a wide variety of subjects just fine thank you, and probably with enough effort even the subject at hand. In this case, though, apparently the announcer was talking in a form of Thai bureaucratise sufficient enough to confuse her.

Michael W,

Thanks for posting this request for information. I'm sorry I don't have anything to add that would be helpful, but I want to suggest to members that you are really looking for feedback as opposed to silly responses that don't help much.

I second your thanks to taxexile for his useful response as well. :o

You'd think he would smile for your picture. :D:o

Or at least do something about his hair, looks like a strong breeze coming from his right. :D

The Floor Manager, who is standing on his right, has just let slip a prodigious fart. That explains the windswept look and also the slightly pained expression on his face.