Bangkok blast: Prayut orders equal compensations for Thai, foreign victims

webfact

Prayut orders equal compensations for Thai, foreign blast victims
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha Tuesday ordered government agencies concerned to consider paying compensations to Thais at the same rates with foreign victims of the Erawan Shrine blast, Government Spokesman Maj Gen Sansern Kaewkamnerd said.

So far, the foreign victims have received higher amounts of compensations because they have received from both the criminal victim compensation fund of the Justice Ministry and the insurance fund of the Tourism and Sports Ministry, Sansern said.

As a result, the prime minister ordered government agencies concerned to consider raising the compensations for Thai victims to be on par with the foreign tourists.

Sansern said the compensations must be high enough to compensate what the injured victims or families of the dead victims have lost and the compensations must be done in accordance with the laws.

The government agencies were also instructed to provide continual help to victims who became disabled because of the blast, the spokesman added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Prayut-orders-equal-compensations-for-Thai-foreign-30267384.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-08-25

Nice sentiments and about time. It will now be interesting to see what the government thinks is fair compensation for loss of a loved one.

It also suggests that some will get more than others I think depending on?? .. But are all the lives not equally valuable?? Anymore

If a beggar died his family haven't lost a lot of projected wealth..

But if a Chinese millionaire businessman died his family have "lost" more

What about the people who lost a young child?

Its impossible to put a number on individual cases, just pick the highest number possible and give that to everyone is the only fair way

Nice sentiments and about time. It will now be interesting to see what the government thinks is fair compensation for loss of a loved one.

It also suggests that some will get more than others I think depending on?? .. But are all the lives not equally valuable?? Anymore

I'd think not. If a person had life insurance for millions of baht anyway, why would they get the same amount (if any) from the government?

I wonder if the farangs in hospital for injuries are getting charged like farang or like Thai.

Never was and never will be.