Thais encouraged to reduce carbon emission

webfact

"either by doing it themselves or inspiring others to do the same"

a perfect illustration of leading by example. Let us all inspire others to do it, then we do not need to do it ourselves.

Allright, so today i'm gonna inspire the police to do their job. When i see one sleeping in a car or booth i'll wake him up.

If the police just did their job the Thai wouldn't all need a Fortuner to feel safe and could drive a small citycar like in Europe.

When i see Thai officials i'll show them my shorts/slippers/short sleeves and tell them this is the new dresscode to save energy on aircon.

'global warming' is increasingly being replaced by 'climate change' by pundits and politians, that offers better cover when the world gets colder. i suppose there is nothing wrong with reducing emissions especially from a resource conservation point of view, but the trend now is shifting to colder climate not warmer..

I think many of the posters here should look at themselves first before they proselytize about how the Thais should change their behaviour. Just look at the global energy consumption. You know who you are so before you point your finger make sure where you stand first.

Energy-consumption-per-capita-2003.png

For once, some US bashing I can agree with. Unfortunately, we have many influential people, including just about every Republican candidate for President, who believe global warming is some kind of hoax.

Sigh.

'global warming' is increasingly being replaced by 'climate change' by pundits and politians, that offers better cover when the world gets colder. i suppose there is nothing wrong with reducing emissions especially from a resource conservation point of view, but the trend now is shifting to colder climate not warmer..

Give up!