Chinese Tourist injured in Jomtien Beach Bag Snatch

webfact

Chinese Tourist injured in Jomtien Beach Bag Snatch

china-1.jpg?resize=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- A 26 year old Chinese Tourist sustained minor facial injuries after he attempted to fight off a group of Thai men who successfully stole his bag which contained phones, money and passports.

Mr. Xia Xi presented himself at Pattaya Police Station in the early hours of Wednesday and was accompanied by three of his Chinese Friends who witnessed the snatch take place.

He told Police, through an interpreter, that he and his three female Chinese travelling companions were walking back to their hotel in Soi 19 off Jomtien Beach Road after spending the night sitting and drinking on the beach.

Two motorbikes approached and on one of the bikes, the passenger leant over and grabbed Mr. Xi’s bag which contained 10,000 Chinese Yuan, an IPhone 5, an IPhone 6 and his and his friends’ passports. The total combined value of the stolen items, excluding the passports, was estimated at 90,000 Baht.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/214514/chinese-tourist-injured-in-jomtien-beach-bag-snatch/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-08-27

The Chinese are a "Gossip Society". When these people go home, you can bet your butt they will tell everyone they know, personally and online, about what happened. And it will spread. The Chinese will read this and say: "OH! Don't want to go there!", and they will avoid it.

Just keep shooting yourself in the foot, Thailand.

Just one more reason to NOT carry your passport with you. A copy, yes. But not the real document. I never carry my passpost unless I am going to immigration... or the bank. laugh.png

They don't say what time this happened, other than at night. It pays to be very vigilant when out at night in this country now. And TAT worries about foreigners damaging the image of Thailand... LOL. It is in fact, Thais doing all the damage.

Glad the victim was not injured more seriously. The bottom feeders travel in schools, target the vulnerable and when alone, are cowards. Be safe everyone. Be aware of your surroundings and don't allow intoxication to announce "here's an easy target".

The Chinese are a "Gossip Society". When these people go home, you can bet your butt they will tell everyone they know, personally and online, about what happened. And it will spread. The Chinese will read this and say: "OH! Don't want to go there!", and they will avoid it.

Just keep shooting yourself in the foot, Thailand.

I don't fully grasp your point here.

Do you believe that the punks who stole the bag and spent the rest of the evening drinking Thai whisky worry about the impact of their actions?

(That must seem contradictory to them as they see swarms of hundreds of Chinese tourists ambling down Walking St all evening).

Or is it the implied inability of Thai authorities to rein in these minor crimes impacting on tourism sentiment in the broader sense?

My thought is the latter, and would like to see more police presence late at night in the Beach front areas, and a working surveillance system that could perhaps track miscreants before and after crimes.