Infant car sickness and medicines

Amir

Hi There,

My son (4 years old) has severe car sickness. I guess a part is due because of the car movement and another big part due to stress (as soon as he gets in the car he already looks not comfortable and starts to show signs of car sickness a minute or 2 after starting).
i have been told by the Pharmacist that Domperidone is a good medicine to prevent car sickness and wanted to know if some of you have already used this medicine or could recommend another one.

I am also wondering if the inclination of the infant car seat can play in car sickness. Would be real glad to have some of your advises.

Cheers.

When I was a kid, used to get car sickness and this was pre-car seats. Ended up it was motion sickness caused by not being able to see out and poor ventilation. Pops cured it by stacking phone books up, setting me up high and then by an open window. Strapped in by the seatbelt

Sure, your kid is conditioned to being sick, probably starts getting sick just by the sight of whats about to occur. Poor guy....:-(

• 2 weeks later...

I used to get sick when sitting in the back seat of the car, Mom took me up front on her lap where I could see and no problem.

It all ended when I had my tonsils out at age 5, related to this or not I don't know

Since day one whenever in a car our son has been in a Rear-Facing car seat - Now 20 months Old, he is still in a Rear-Facing car seat and will remain so until approximately 4 years old, at which age we'll have change him to the next group forward facing seat.

One of my concerns is that he'd get travel sickness due to facing rearwards. We ensured we had a seat with sufficient height that he could see out of the side and rear windows (The seat is the Clek Foonf).

I have not yet witnessed any indications of Travel Sickness in our child.

Perhaps the key issue is that your child cannot see out of the window (he's just looking out the window at sky) when travelling.

I have not yet witnessed any indications of Travel Sickness in our child.

That said: when travelling by car or flight we have some Phenergan with us just in case.